Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:12pm     #1
Patty46
Junior Sweeper

Automatic Sweepstakes service
Hello everyone,

I would like some feedback on the automatic sweepstakes services. Does anyone use them to enter more contest? Do they work? Which one would be the best to try?

Thanks
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:18pm     #2
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

No, because 99% of the sponsors DQ you for those. If you read the rules you will see in most "use of automated entry services is prohibited and entries will be DQ'd" or something along those lines. Not to mention that you don't have proof that you are actually being entered for anything.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:23pm     #3
scotthey
Gone Camping

Not to mention that it takes all the fun out of it.
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:28pm     #4
Patty46
Junior Sweeper

O.k. I am pretty new to this, when you said you don't have proof you entered which is true if you use one of those. How do you prove you entered manually? I never really thought it would be an issue but how would I prove that I had entered a particular contest. Should I be making a copy or print screen when I enter?

Thanks
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:31pm     #5
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

No, when I say "proof" I mean, you pay someone to allegedly enter for you which is all that is. Do they really enter for you? Me, I know that I have entered because I am sitting here, well, entering.

As I mentioned, that is a big no-no with the sponsors, and no doubt that you would be DQ'd for doing it. Waste of money.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:31pm     #6
Stanza_Rae
Master Sweeper

Mrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty46 View Post
O.k. I am pretty new to this, when you said you don't have proof you entered which is true if you use one of those. How do you prove you entered manually? I never really thought it would be an issue but how would I prove that I had entered a particular contest. Should I be making a copy or print screen when I enter?

Thanks
No, I think what Karen meant was that you have no proof that the automatical entry service is infact entering for you. Not all sweepstakes send a confirmation email upon entry so just because service is saying they entered you, you have no proof of that.

Insanity Rules Here at Camp-Run-Amok
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:33pm     #7
contesterz
Senior Sweeper

You have proof in the sense that you normally get a confirmation or thank you for entering on your screen after submitting your entry.
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:37pm     #8
Patty46
Junior Sweeper

Alright, glad you cleared that up. Yes that would be a problem you would never know for sure they entered you in the contest. I have been spending some time reading different websites about entering contests and many of them offer an automatic service. Good thing I asked before I signed up for one.

Thanks again
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:42pm     #9
Trix
Master Sweeper

Like the others said, that's a great way to get yourself disqualified from winning anything. You're better off spending that money here on a premium membership. That gets you access to more sweeps and great tracking tools. Plus you get the delightful benefit of our company in between doing your sweeps entries

Old  December 22nd, 2011, 9:45pm     #10
Patty46
Junior Sweeper

Is RoboForm allowed or is that considered automatic entry? I use firefox which saves all my info Is Roboform faster?

and thank you to everyone for all the help
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 10:26pm     #11
flared0ne
Grand Master Sweeper

Most sponsors "talk amongst themselves", and one thing they talk about is organized cheating.

They share lists of IP addresses they've found to be sourcing large chunks of bogus entries.
So using one of THOSE services (your name from an automated service) will get YOU blacklisted too.
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 10:42pm     #12
fullhart
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flared0ne View Post
Most sponsors "talk amongst themselves", and one thing they talk about is organized cheating.

They share lists of IP addresses they've found to be sourcing large chunks of bogus entries.
So using one of THOSE services (your name from an automated service) will get YOU blacklisted too.
I wish every contest blacklisted the organized cheaters.

Larry
  Old  December 22nd, 2011, 10:46pm     #13
lmaomostly
Master Sweeper

When I first started I bought a 3 month membership to one. I didn't like it for a couple of reasons. 1. I enjoy entering some sweeps and with those automated things, you don't know which ones they have entered you in. 2. I really didn't want to win something and then be DQ'ed for what might be considered cheating no matter what the auto site says. I cancelled after just a few weeks and I'm quite content to only be entered into what I can actually find the time to enter. I figure if it's meant to be it will be, lol. Good luck in finding your sweeping niche!

Good Luck OLS members!