Old  November 30th, 2011, 10:39pm     #1
ejomby
Sweeper

We're sorry to let you know ....
Is anyone else appreciative of these emails? I know we get so used to the "sorry" message from the the instants, but I actually like it when a one time or a daily tells us we didn't win-- especially because it's so rare that they do.
  Old  November 30th, 2011, 10:52pm     #2
gandolina
Senior Sweeper

yes, i really do .
I also think it would be a very smart move on the advertisers part to include some sort of small coupon for their product.

Why not? I found my favorite brand of pizza when a sponsor did exactly that.
I would not have tried it other wise.
  Old  November 30th, 2011, 11:12pm     #3
eyzofblu63
Grand Master Sweeper

Hate them, especially since most have the subject line "Winner of "so and so" sweepstake....

you (or I anyway) get all excited thinking you won , only to open up to "We're sorry to let you know ...."

and no I do not appreciate the "but we have a special offer just for you" or "Here's a 10% off coupon"

As with any contest/sweep, if I am not notified that I did win, I assume I didn't and move on, I don't need an email telling me I didn't
  Old  November 30th, 2011, 11:18pm     #4
Curr4001
Master Sweeper

Actually I like seeing those emails especially when it is for something I was really interested in. At least that way I'm not wondering if they still haven't selected a winner.
  Old  November 30th, 2011, 11:24pm     #5
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolina View Post
I also think it would be a very smart move on the advertisers part to include some sort of small coupon for their product.
I detest having online coupons sent to me, especially if I have won them. It may sound ungrateful, but there is not one retailer downtown Toronto that I have visited that will accept a printed coupon (Wal-Mart inlcuded!) - especially a coupon for a free item.

Silly, ain't it?

But I do not like these emails.

MY BLOG: http://www.sirthriftalot.blogspot.com [updated: October 29th, 2012!]
  Old  November 30th, 2011, 11:37pm     #6
ejomby
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyzofblu63 View Post
Hate them, especially since most have the subject line "Winner of "so and so" sweepstake....

you (or I anyway) get all excited thinking you won , only to open up to "We're sorry to let you know ...."

and no I do not appreciate the "but we have a special offer just for you" or "Here's a 10% off coupon"

As with any contest/sweep, if I am not notified that I did win, I assume I didn't and move on, I don't need an email telling me I didn't

Yeah, eyz, I'm not really really talking about the guys that are still being deceptive in their emails-- with lines like "We have a Winner." and when you actually read the email, you find out its some one in BF Egypt. No, I mean the sort of recent trend where the title of the email already says you haven't won in a kind way like "We're sorry" or "Unfortunately."

BUT ALSO I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STUFF THAT IS AUTO GENERATED. After losing an instant we all get those worthless autogenerated emails that say, "Sorry". No, what I'm talking about is when they actually do their final drawing for the grand prize. That's something we never hear about from anyone. So when we do hear it, even if it's bad news, it's nice to hear. We can then let it go.
  Old  December 1st, 2011, 12:04am     #7
Trix
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejomby View Post
BUT ALSO I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STUFF THAT IS AUTO GENERATED. After losing an instant we all get those worthless autogenerated emails that say, "Sorry". No, what I'm talking about is when they actually do their final drawing for the grand prize. That's something we never hear about from anyone. So when we do hear it, even if it's bad news, it's nice to hear. We can then let it go.
I personally don't need an email notice telling me someone else won. I enter so many sweeps that I forget about most of them shortly after entering. I don't have a problem with "letting them go".

Old  December 1st, 2011, 12:16am     #8
ejomby
Sweeper

Yeah, I'm with you, Trix. I've been sweeping off and on since 2006, and you hit a certain flow where you don't attach yourself to any one sweep in particular. But at the same time, this is the first year that I've encountered people contacting me after they've done their grand prize draw and let me know that I didn't get it. There's only been a few, and none of them have been solicitous-- one last chance for me to buy their product. Rather, it was just a notification.
I think I deleted all the examples I had.... it's kinda a rare thing. And I never remember what the heck sweep it was, but still I think it's a nice gesture on their part and I wish everyone would do it once they picked a winner.
  Old  December 1st, 2011, 3:58pm     #9
arouet
Grand Master Sweeper

I'm sorry OP, but I think I would have to shoot myself if my already loaded email box was bombarded with "Sorry You Didn't Win" emails, that you have to open, because they use misleading titles that make you think you might have won.

It's a complete waste of my sweeping time to have to deal with those emails and they get on my last nerve.
  Old  December 1st, 2011, 4:08pm     #10
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

I yell back at my monitor "you're not sorry" Ok. It doesn't do much good, but it does make me feel better for a moment or two...
  Old  December 1st, 2011, 4:49pm     #11
eastexasoutdoors
Senior Sweeper

Dont like. it makes me think for a minute that I have won.
  Old  December 1st, 2011, 4:49pm     #12
Jodimae
Master Sweeper

They are nice to let you know you didn't win, but when they say : Congratulations winner
and you haven't won in over a year, and your heart starts thumpin cause you remember what the prizes were, and they were things you really wanted, so you open it... just to find

Someone elses name, with a sorry the winner wasn't you message ...

It kinda SUCKS!