Old  August 27th, 2011, 3:33am     #1
pygmyfrog
Sweeper

Google Autofill Equals Disqualification?
I've been sweeping pretty much all day today (I had a lot of time to kill) and I just read about forty minutes ago that stuff like autofill might get you disqualified and now I'm freaking out a bit thinking all that work was for nothing; I entered a LOT of different sweeps.

Will using Autofill in Google Chrome disqualify a participant?
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 3:53am     #2
QBookie
Master Sweeper

I wonder
I've been sweeping online since 2004 and never used an autofill until I switched to Google chrome, so I'm wondering about it just like you are.
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 4:05am     #3
decadent
Sweeper

I really doubt it. Sponsors typically say something about not using automated methods of entry, but that's something different. The types of automated entries they're talking about are basically programs that automatically enter for you over and over in a period of time. People who use these methods (which are usually called scripts or macros) are trying to get in hundreds or thousands of entries.
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 6:05am     #4
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Question What do entries on Facebook know
When I first came to OLS there were some posts by folks who had/or were working for administrator or fulfillment companies. They knew how their companies detected referrers. So then there was a big deal about switching to Firefox where you could hide the referrer, such as OLS being the referrer. I'm not up to speed on whether the main issue should be autofill or referrer and whether if you enter on Facebook, would they know any of the stuff they used to know, such as autofill or referrer, so why use Firefox or why worry.
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 6:39am     #5
bwanas
Master Sweeper

I saw post about winners using it i never tried it
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 7:18am     #6
tangee43
Senior Master Sweeper

I always use autofillers (except on flash forms where it doesn't work) and I've won several grand prizes and lots of smaller items. Obviously this is just my opinion and I guess certain companies might not like it, but I've won enough to know that it's okay by some and there is no way I'm typing things over and over!

"I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We canít escape that damage.
But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other." ~Veronica Roth
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 7:39am     #7
Tricia316
Senior Master Sweeper

I used to use it all the time and won consistantly. Then I got a new computer and I don't use it as much for some reason.

But if it is a prize I REALLY REALLY want I will go directly to that website from my computer homepage and I will manually type. Superstition I guess!
Tricia

MOC!!!! ENTER TODAY! http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...2#post11070042
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 8:49am     #8
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Welcome to OLS! You don't want to use any auto entry programs (the ones that say they will enter for you), but auto fill is different and should not be a reason for disqualification. With auto fill, you still have to personally visit the site, which is what the companies want you to do. I've been using Roboform for years and have several wins, and most people here use that or some other form filler. Good luck!

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 9:27am     #9
lummer5000
Senior Sweeper

There are a handful that require entries to be hand typed, they will mention that in the rules.

There are a few others that cause problems with formfillers because they have extra, hidden fields (i.e.name, address, phone, refer, etc.) that aren't used for the entry but will interfere with it; some of these I think are internal fields that tell the site which sweep is being entered, and if your formfiller overwrites that field the entry won't go through, technically not disqualifying, just blocked.

So basically read the rules, try typing the entry if the site says there was an error, and usually type in single entry sweeps if you're worried about it.
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 10:36am     #10
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

There always can be a problem using an autofill--either from google chrome, roboform or one of the other autofill programs. They are NOT auto entry programs which are prohibited from most sweeps. A single DQ out of maybe several thousand (or more) entries? The time you save is more than worth the risk!!

Read the notes posted here with the sweeps. If someones says there "may" be a problem using an autofill with a particilar sweep--then just hand type that entry. No big deal.
  Old  August 27th, 2011, 10:36am     #11
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

i have used roboform and now autofill and have won a Macbook-ipod nano-dyson vac -and countless other goodies through the years--so far so good
as others have posted i think our might mean-a site or program that enters for you -a no-no
but using form fillers -no

Every entry is a potential Winner -