Old  August 18th, 2011, 5:46pm     #1
cld111
Senior Sweeper

Do you keep track of all your entries?
I've been keeping track of everything I'm entering, but I'm wondering if you do that, and if it's even useful at all? Do you just keep track of winnings? What's your preferred tracking device of choice? I'm using Open Office's spreadsheet, but maybe there's a better way?
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 5:54pm     #2
pandka
Grand Master Sweeper

Click the green circle next to a sweep. It'll save them to MYSweeps. Then click add when you enter. I have to refresh the page at the end of every page or they don't save properly.

Old  August 18th, 2011, 5:54pm     #3
Susan
Senior Master Sweeper

I keep track of all of my entries using the MySweeps function, and a Google Doc for locals, mail-ins, and others that can't be listed on OLS.
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 5:55pm     #4
Robrose63
Master Sweeper

Yes I keep track of all my entries, While the sweeps are still active After that no, And I keep track of my wins by using my emails draft section.

My Wins
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 5:56pm     #5
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

The premium membership here gives good entry tracking methods.
I get sweeps from various sources, so I keep track of my onlines with roboform pro and enter them using solely that program.
I can add all my local sweeps to it and keep track of them via that program as well.
I also do snailmail entries and I have a pretty good system set up for tracking those.
If you decide to get serious about this, I highly recommend roboform pro and learning how to use it to its fullest potential.
Good luck!
I use to keep a list of my winnigs right here on OLS in this forum:

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...splay.php?f=57

A couple years ago, I created a blog to keep track of them. It is more customizable.

You'll soon find a system that works for you. There is no real "right" way.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 5:58pm     #6
pandka
Grand Master Sweeper

To remove them from My Sweeps click the button to turn it red. A box will pop up asking if you want to delete.

To access My Sweeps, look towards the top of the page. It's the second green tab. It will organize it by daily, weekly, monthly, unlimited, single, and unknown. You can hover over the tab, while on the home page, then select which category you want to enter. This is how many of us keep track of which to enter daily.

I write my wins down on a notepad and keep track of them that way.

Old  August 18th, 2011, 5:59pm     #7
donnav07
Master Sweeper

Smile
Since you are premium you can keep track of how many entries with mysweeps. Just click count button at top of the page and it will keep track of the number of entries and date of last entry.

As far as winnings, I just use Evernote. It is a free program. If you are not familiar with it you may look here if you'd like:

http://evernote.com/

I just keep a note labeled for each month and reference what the prize was and who it is from. Also, if I have received it yet or not. On ones I have notification for I also make note of when they say it will ship so I know when to start inquiring on it if I haven't received by said date.

I found that trying to keep track of everything in a spreadsheet was too time consuming for me and I could use that time for entering more sweeps.

Good luck.
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 6:02pm     #8
Wood Violet
Senior Sweeper

Smile Welcome
Yes.....by using the MySweeps function. Click the red circle at each sweep you are entering...which will turn the circle green. Then click "ADD" at the entry to keep track of when you last entered and how many times you have entered. From then on, click the green MySweeps tab at the top of the page (under the Online-Sweepstakes .com heading) to enter those sweeps. Good Luck to you!!
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 6:09pm     #9
sharonseneker
Senior Sweeper

Hi! I know most at OLS do but no I don't! Sharon
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 6:16pm     #10
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

i use my sweeps here-facebook not listed here i have a folder in my bookmarks for those any others -email or bookmarked if online
twitter -not sure what to do with those yet

Every entry is a potential Winner -
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 6:24pm     #11
cpnqn
Grand Master Sweeper

I use mysweeps- it's also easier if you make sure to add anything that's not currently IN our system and you are entering it, so that 1. the community is open to it as well AND 2. YOU have better tracking of what you are doing.

At first I wasn't for this- lotsa work, then later- I figured alot of times I'm eliminating myself AND worse- forgetting to go back on ones I need to do again later if they aren't listed here.

So, long & short- unless it's a mail in here or a local walk in- it's here. I DO most of mine locally though.
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 6:37pm     #12
sallykay
Grand Master Sweeper

No; I don't need anything else on my to do list. I just enter for fun, not to keep formal records. The premium tools here are wonderful, though.

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free; We shall be free -- GARTH BROOKS
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 6:52pm     #13
venus_de_milo
Grand Master Sweeper

I use MySweeps here, and I keep track of winnings in a notebook. I also save the winning emails I receive. Keeping track of winnings is especially important for tax purposes.
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 6:56pm     #14
flared0ne
Grand Master Sweeper

Cool
You'll quickly find that unless your method of TRACKING is tightly coupled with your method of entering, tracking is going to take just as much time as entering takes, doubling the amount of time sweeping (or cutting number of sweeps entered in half, depending on whether or not you are time-limited).

MySweeps is about as simple as anything -- unless you are fairly accomplished at using a spreadsheet.
Or any one of several HTML editors... It IS nice to be able to add a URL to the stack of links you are currently entering, AND to have a "click-to-increment" counter on the same line... Personally, I get by just fine with a document where I can stack URLs and quickly just click through a short stack. Among other things, it means I'm not tempted to stop and read notes (more particularly, to LEAVE notes, which mostly is just a waste of my time).

In general, there isn't really any major reason to COUNT entries (unless you choose to obsess, which IS your gods-given right) -- usually just being able to track that you DID enter a sweep is enough for future reference (like coming back to check what the prizes are, or who the fulfillment company is, etc). And MySweeps is quite sufficient for that.
  Old  August 18th, 2011, 7:07pm     #15
timcok28
Junior Sweeper

how i can keep track of my sweeps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrose63 View Post
Yes I keep track of all my entries, While the sweeps are still active After that no, And I keep track of my wins by using my emails draft section.