Old  November 4th, 2017, 9:45am     #1
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

I Challenge All Of You!
I remember the days when I found a sweep and came here to post it, it was already here.... Not anymore...but there is no reason we can't do better and work toward getting it back that way again.

Please if you com across a sweep that's not here post it. We depend on our members to post sweeps.

Who knows maybe Brent or Nicole will chime in and offer to give some free green membership to the one that post the most sweeps in a month they way they use to.

I always use the excuse that I'm not very good at it so therefore I don't do it. Well not anymore. Until someone ask me to stop posting them I'm going to post them no matter how bad I screw it up. Most of the time the editors and members point out mistakes made and things I left out and the sweep ends up getting edited and posted correctly. Thanks to all those that already help!

This site has the best format on the www for entering sweeps. It seems such a waste that it no longer has the best sweep list.

It's up to us to change that, so therefore I challenge you all to work hard to get our site full of great sweeps for us all to enter.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 10:15am     #2
daveintexas
Sweeper

how?
Once in a while I find a sweep and then I check this site to see if it is on here. Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. I would post it if I knew how but I don't know how to do it. I can't be alone in not knowing. Is there a site on the forums that has this info? I really like this site and I would like for it to be like I keep hearing it use to be.Thanks.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 10:44am     #3
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveintexas View Post
Once in a while I find a sweep and then I check this site to see if it is on here. Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. I would post it if I knew how but I don't know how to do it. I can't be alone in not knowing. Is there a site on the forums that has this info? I really like this site and I would like for it to be like I keep hearing it use to be.Thanks.
If you find a sweep that you would like to add here, just click this link:

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/addasweep/

Fill in as much as you can. Entry link, rules link, description, etc.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 11:17am     #4
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

I had the same experience here. When I first joined, whenever I found a new sweeps, someone here had already posted it. So I finally gave up.
Then I saw an awesome trip in a newsletter. As usual, I thought I'd just enter it when it showed up here. Well, it never did.
So I once again started checking and posting.

And at first it was a struggle, but like anything else it got easier and I got better at it with a little practice.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 11:41am     #5
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveintexas View Post
In addition to what Karen said you can navigate the tabs at the top as many times as you want in case you have to go back and add or make a correction.

On any page here if you scroll all the way down to the bottom you will see "Add-a-Sweep" Click on that!
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 11:42am     #6
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazamama View Post
I had the same experience here. When I first joined, whenever I found a new sweeps, someone here had already posted it. So I finally gave up.
Then I saw an awesome trip in a newsletter. As usual, I thought I'd just enter it when it showed up here. Well, it never did.
So I once again started checking and posting.

And at first it was a struggle, but like anything else it got easier and I got better at it with a little practice.
That's what I'm hoping it will get easier and faster with practice.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 12:17pm     #7
EtchedInMyMemory
Senior Master Sweeper

I think many people look at things in a "what's in it for me" way. In order to have more contests submitted, there has to be some benefit for the submitter. The free 3 month green membership was a great incentive. Listings really went down when that was taken away.

Another thing that can be tried is giving people credit for listings. You know, the way you are a Sweeper, Master Sweeper, Grand Master Sweeper, etc. and your number of posts are listed. Why not do that with contests submitted? Why should someone get credited for "" and not for a sweep submitted? Perhaps wanting to see that number go up will encourage some people to post.

Now for some of the members here, they don't treat the submitters nicely. I listed a contest for an electric breast pump and got this comment "this contest is stupid." It has been years since I needed an item like that, but for a pregnant person, it's a great prize. Just because you don't need it, doesn't mean someone else doesn't or that a contest is stupid. I got an email from a company "ending tomorrow, don't forget to enter" so I listed it. The comment I got was "this started a month ago and it's just being listed now?" Someone listed a contest for a "Pixxa Oven". The comment was "ha ha ha, you mean Pizza". Big deal, someone mistyped and you have to laugh at them? One can't correct a contest after it has been submitted, really something that should change. Sometimes one can type wrong or not see something in the rules or the sponsor can even change the rules, the submitter should be able to change the listing.

To summarize, there should be some reward system and be nice to the poster.

If "SORRY!"s were dollars, how rich I would be.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 3:11pm     #8
jas11563
Master Sweeper

I accept the Challenge!!

I am commiting to be more diligent about checking that any sweepstakes I find outside of OLS is entered on OLS.

And please, as EtchedinMemory stated, be NICE to the posters of new sweeps. I posted a new sweep once and I was torn to shreds by a member.

OK I added a sweep but it is extremely limited as to area that can enter, I can't enter myself, but I thought someone might win!

Last edited by jas11563; November 4th, 2017 at 11:28pm.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 3:13pm     #9
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtchedInMyMemory View Post
I think many people look at things in a "what's in it for me" way. In order to have more contests submitted, there has to be some benefit for the submitter. The free 3 month green membership was a great incentive. Listings really went down when that was taken away.

Another thing that can be tried is giving people credit for listings. You know, the way you are a Sweeper, Master Sweeper, Grand Master Sweeper, etc. and your number of posts are listed. Why not do that with contests submitted? Why should someone get credited for "" and not for a sweep submitted? Perhaps wanting to see that number go up will encourage some people to post.

Now for some of the members here, they don't treat the submitters nicely. I listed a contest for an electric breast pump and got this comment "this contest is stupid." It has been years since I needed an item like that, but for a pregnant person, it's a great prize. Just because you don't need it, doesn't mean someone else doesn't or that a contest is stupid. I got an email from a company "ending tomorrow, don't forget to enter" so I listed it. The comment I got was "this started a month ago and it's just being listed now?" Someone listed a contest for a "Pixxa Oven". The comment was "ha ha ha, you mean Pizza". Big deal, someone mistyped and you have to laugh at them? One can't correct a contest after it has been submitted, really something that should change. Sometimes one can type wrong or not see something in the rules or the sponsor can even change the rules, the submitter should be able to change the listing.

I agree that snark to posters should stop. I don't see nearly as much of that as I used to though.
Someone is kind enough to share a sweeps with you, and you choose to make fun of a typo? Pulease!
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 3:55pm     #10
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtchedInMyMemory View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas11563 View Post
I accept the Challenge!!

I am commiting to be more diligent about checking that any sweepstakes I find outside of OLS is entered on OLS.

And please, as EtchedinMemory stated, be NICE to the posters of new sweeps. I posted a new sweep once and I was torn to shreds by a member.
I agree an incentive would be nice! You have to understand that there are mostly women on this site and then there is the fact that people get really brave when they aren't face to face with someone. Just ignore the nasty comments. Most of the time they are just trying to stir the pot. Don't give them the satisfaction. Just think to yourself "It must suck to be you" and move on!
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 3:58pm     #11
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazamama View Post
I agree that snark to posters should stop. I don't see nearly as much of that as I used to though.
Someone is kind enough to share a sweeps with you, and you choose to make fun of a typo? Pulease!
There is a lot less of that nonsense going on these days. I think it was a great decision to get rid of the political forum. A lot of that spilled over into the rest of the forums from there.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 5:41pm     #12
fullcircledave
Senior Sweeper

I also remember the days when Brent was an active part of this community and it is sad to see how he has abandoned it. Do the Moderators have the power to reinstate the Premium membership giveaways? I was also thinking perhaps we could organize our own monthly giveaway for sweepstakes contributors. I have some prizes I have won that I was planning to gift away or sell on eBay, but would be willing to contribute to a monthly OLS prize pool. Perhaps other members feel the same, or would be willing to contribute hand-made items from their Etsy shops. The monthly winner could be the person who submits the most sweeps, or a random draw from all who submit.

I realize this would also make more work for the Mods, but perhaps they could be compensated for the extra time. It would certainly benefit Brent or whoever owns the site these days as current members might become more active and paid memberships would probably rise. I would love to see OLS return to its glory days.

Every smile is a gift.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 6:02pm     #13
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Please do not turn this into a Brent or site bashing post, or the thread will be locked down.

And for information: yes Brent is still the owner/operator of OLS.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 7:11pm     #14
msvickik
Sweeper

Found one and posted it! Thanks for the motivation to try!
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 8:19pm     #15
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Got one in my email just now and posted... didn't come up as a dupe...

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92