Old  June 13th, 2005, 10:52am     #1
texaslady22
Master Sweeper

Convention Experiences
For those of you who don't know, I won a trip to the National Sweepstakes Convention from an OLS contest~

The convention was a wonderful experience for me! Had I not won the trip, I wouldn't have been able to go. Thank you Brent and OLS for allowing me to have that experience.

I'm an English major, but I cannot find a perfect way to express how much the trip meant to me. Meeting all those neat and crazy OLS-ers, getting away, sleeping in a king size bed, listening to an Elvis-impersonator, hitting a pinata with a broomstick, having Chicago-style pizza, meeting other sweepstakers, listening to the prize drawing names (my hubby won an MP3 player), answering the question "What part of Texas are you from?" about a hundred times, seeing decorated envelopes, buying decorated envolves, riding a city bus, meeting people that had won houses and cars and trips and cash, visiting the botanical gardens, meeting Cindy Morgan (ha!) - all of it combined into an incredible experience I will truly never forget.

Brent yields so much power on the site, I always thought of him as a "great and powerful Oz"-type figure. However, after meeting him in person, I realize he's a normal, great guy that has a really wonderful heart. And, he's a very snappy dresser. Tabitha made me laugh so much, she's a nut!! CrazyPanda has a great heart. KB is in person exactly who she is on the site - caring, crazy, and lots of fun. And everyone else favorably impressed me, also.

I will never forget the 2005 National Sweepstakes Convention. Thank you OLS and Brent for allowing me to go, thank you fellow OLSers for the well-wishes, and thank you new friends for the great time!!! That was a wild weekend that I'll cherish forever.

I'm eternally blessed! My Wins
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 10:57am     #2
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Brandi you and David are so sweet and cute and I am so stoked you guys came and were able to have an incredible time! When life gets you down just think of one of the crazy fun memories from convention and that should bring a smile back on your face!!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 11:00am     #3
bewitched
Senior Master Sweeper

Brandi girl, did you ever give me an answer. Do you like cheese?

I was so happy to meet you and your adorable husband. I don't think you two could get any sweeter. I'm glad you were able to make it out.

Hope you're able to get your Chi on!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 11:17am     #4
pantherpaw
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslady22
Brent yields so much power on the site, I always thought of him as a "great and powerful Oz"-type figure. However, after meeting him in person, I realize he's a normal, great guy that has a really wonderful heart. And, he's a very snappy dresser.
I was with you all the way up to this part. Brent is a snappy dresser? Someone else must have been dressing him this weekend.
You are right about his wonderful heart though, he's one of the best. So glad you had a great time, congratulations again on winning this trip/experience.
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 11:23am     #5
texaslady22
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewitched
Brandi girl, did you ever give me an answer. Do you like cheese?

I was so happy to meet you and your adorable husband. I don't think you two could get any sweeter. I'm glad you were able to make it out.

Hope you're able to get your Chi on!
I LOVE CHEESE!!

Muenster cheese, swiss, cheddar, colby, I love them all!!!!!!

Even that weird cheese I bought on the plane.

Cheese rocks!!

So now you know, Tabitha!!

Old  June 13th, 2005, 11:46am     #6
tignor
Grand Master Sweeper

Yes, but Bewitched, you didn't ask Brandi if she ever ate a hot dog with Andy Griffith...

Brandi, you were so sweet and nice and we loved meeting you. Brent is a snappy dresser (wore his OLS T-shirt a lot) so I agree with you there. Too bad we didn't know you were also going to Gumbo Ya Ya or we would have taken you. You and your husband were so great and it's so fab that he won the mp3 player. Hope you enjoy it and hope you have many memories (favorable) of the convention to remember the rest of your lives.
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 11:52am     #7
sweeps aku
Master Sweeper

If It wasn't for Brent's OLS shirt pasing in front of me, I might never have found everyone. I looked up, saw the shirt & got to meet Brent & Ked (the lucky laptop winner!!!) Then I walked into the lounge & said "Brent sent me" and was welcomed by all the great OLSers!!! Before I knew it, beer, shots, & karaoke!!

Last edited by sweeps aku; June 14th, 2005 at 12:17pm.

LUCK & LOVE!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 12:15pm     #8
texaslady22
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tignor
Yes, but Bewitched, you didn't ask Brandi if she ever ate a hot dog with Andy Griffith...

Brandi, you were so sweet and nice and we loved meeting you. Brent is a snappy dresser (wore his OLS T-shirt a lot) so I agree with you there. Too bad we didn't know you were also going to Gumbo Ya Ya or we would have taken you. You and your husband were so great and it's so fab that he won the mp3 player. Hope you enjoy it and hope you have many memories (favorable) of the convention to remember the rest of your lives.
Oh, we really liked riding the city bus (we had never done that) especially on the ones that had air conditioning. Our bus driver was nice, too. Plus, afterwards, we went to the Botanical Gardens - beautiful!! I'll post pictures.

Old  June 13th, 2005, 3:42pm     #9
wenpop
Master Sweeper

I had a wonderful time!! I meet some wonderful people from OLS!! It was fun Ya'll.. I'm glad we went and hope to see more OLS members next year!!!!
We are going to bid for 2008 in Atlanta!!! So everyone needs to go and vote for us next year!! i am so excited!! I learned a lot from everyone....
wendy in marietta,ga

Wendy in Marietta,GA
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 3:44pm     #10
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenpop
wendy in marietta,ga
The not so shy one
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 3:51pm     #11
wenpop
Master Sweeper

I am very shy. But I felt very comfortable with ya'll. You made the trip worth going alone. I had a great time at the party. Hope we can out do it next year!!
wendy in marietta,ga

Wendy in Marietta,GA
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 3:56pm     #12
bewitched
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
I am very shy. But I felt very comfortable with ya'll. You made the trip worth going alone. I had a great time at the party. Hope we can out do it next year!!
wendy in marietta,ga
Woo Hoo! Wendy is one of us!

I was so happy hang with you, even if you did hog all the prizes. You're great girl!
Can't wait to win some of the chocolate and shoes you'll be giving away in 2008!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 4:06pm     #13
wenpop
Master Sweeper

Yes, In 2008 we want the convention in Atlanta GA. We would love to do Chocolate and SHoes! I need to know what kind of shoes you like? KB wants NIKE's what kind do you like?

Wendy in Marietta,GA
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 4:08pm     #14
wenpop
Master Sweeper

I didn't get all the prizes. Denice got a few too. I would be glad to share... You know how nice us southern girls are.....

Wendy in Marietta,GA
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 4:09pm     #15
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
I need to know what kind of shoes you like? KB wants NIKE's what kind do you like?

Ohhhhh what other choices can I have? I'll have to think about that