Old  June 12th, 2005, 11:34pm     #31
Kay19962
Senior Sweeper

Congrats to all the winners!!!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 8:57am     #32
sweeps aku
Master Sweeper

I am a little late in posting due to my recovery time lag, but I was there! The convention was great. Met so many from OLS! Lost my voice!! Someone said it was probably due too all that karaoke in the bar, but I doubt it!! LOL!! Hubby & I scored 2000 decorated #10 envies, 2 $25 Staples gift cards, a package of wallpaper envies, a 6 month subscription to a snail mail newsletter. Plus there were all the freebies they gave away to convention goers. Everyone recieved an Ill. lottery ticket (from which I won $3), an Iowa lottery ticket, an ergonomic pen (arv. $18), & a radio/ink pen that came with headphones. Had a great time, meet lots of OLSers, ready for the next one!!!

LUCK & LOVE!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 9:10am     #33
MeriTeri
Senior Sweeper

I won 500 .37 stamps. Had loads of fun. Hope to go to Scottsdale. Also, met Brent who's a real nice guy.
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 9:40am     #34
tignor
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeps aku
I am a little late in posting due to my recovery time lag, but I was there! The convention was great. Met so many from OLS! Lost my voice!! Someone said it was probably due too all that karaoke in the bar, but I doubt it!! LOL!! Hubby & I scored 2000 decorated #10 envies, 2 $25 Staples gift cards, a package of wallpaper envies, a 6 month subscription to a snail mail newsletter. Plus there were all the freebies they gave away to convention goers. Everyone recieved an Ill. lottery ticket (from which I won $3), an Iowa lottery ticket, an ergonomic pen (arv. $18), & a radio/ink pen that came with headphones. Had a great time, meet lots of OLSers, ready for the next one!!!
Don't forget the lapboards they spent all year making just for everyone who attended the convention!

I didn't win any drawings but next year (if I go) will have to enter the raffles at least once.

I had a great time. Actually, still here in the lobby because Star and I are so cool we had to stay another day. Everyone left us yesterday but we went out to Bud's Skyline Inn and had prime rib and chicken so you can put that in your pipe and smoke it, baby!

Leaving this afternoon. Will be sad. All I can say is:

1. We were the hottest chicks at the convention and everyone wanted to be us so bad.
2. Everyone I met from OLS rocked! especially KB, Bewitched, Brent, Tigress2b, Ked, Rissa and Sweeps_aku (the posse)
3. Don't drink Tequila and Crown Royal in the same night. Not a good idea.
4. Cameraman Steve was hot.
5. I hope they book that guy who talked about taxes for next convention. I could listen to him all day.
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 10:12am     #35
JOYWIND
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tignor
1. We were the hottest chicks at the convention and everyone wanted to be us so bad.

Honey, that goes without saying but thanks for reminding us. I am sooooo glad you guys had a great time and WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO to all the winners. Enjoy your swag.

I will be sitting by my monitor anxiously awaiting pics! Bring it!

Welcome home all.

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. Albert Schweitzer
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 10:21am     #36
tignor
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiwind25
Honey, that goes without saying but thanks for reminding us. I am sooooo glad you guys had a great time and WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO to all the winners. Enjoy your swag.

I will be sitting by my monitor anxiously awaiting pics! Bring it!

Welcome home all.
Love your kitty rapper avatar!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 1:27pm     #37
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

We can't forget the big winner of the Saturday night banquet prizes - tigress2b's hot momma French Lady - she won a trip for 2 and I think she is gonna go get wild in Hawaii!!!! Now if we could get her in here and posting - what a trip that would be!!!
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 2:25pm     #38
risavjl
Master Sweeper

wore me out!
I OD'd on having fun at the convention. It was quite a trip for me and I advise everyone to make plans for the next convention in AZ. I won a $25 Staples gift card and really like the ergo pen and radio pen, and the sack they gave us held bottles of imbibements (?) very nicely.

Can't wait for the pics!

risa
A dewdrop can exalt us like the music of the sun
yes
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 9:25pm     #39
viclen1954
Master Sweeper

Convention Thoughts
This was my first convention and I learned many things:
1. DO NOT take a husband who's idea of a few days off of work is drinking beer and riding his Harley (although not in that order or together).
2. DO NOT take a husband who can't sit still for more than 5 minutes.
3. DO NOT take a husband who never puts a cork in it that he is unable to ride his Harley and drink beer on his days off.
4. DO NOT take a husband that continues to mention he is missing the BUSCH and NASCAR races that weekend.
5. DO NOT take a husband.
6. AM NOT taking a husband to Arizona!

My Wins
  Old  June 13th, 2005, 9:40pm     #40
jofo3511
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by viclen1954
This was my first convention and I learned many things:
1. DO NOT take a husband who's idea of a few days off of work is drinking beer and riding his Harley (although not in that order or together).
2. DO NOT take a husband who can't sit still for more than 5 minutes.
3. DO NOT take a husband who never puts a cork in it that he is unable to ride his Harley and drink beer on his days off.
4. DO NOT take a husband that continues to mention he is missing the BUSCH and NASCAR races that weekend.
5. DO NOT take a husband.
6. AM NOT taking a husband to Arizona!

You go girl!!! I told my hubby I want to go next year. He asked"Can I come."? "No", I said" You have to watch the kids!"

Old  June 14th, 2005, 11:01am     #41
sweeps aku
Master Sweeper

My hubby is getting left behind in 2006 too, not quite for the same reasons but...any reason is good enough!!!

LUCK & LOVE!
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 11:17am     #42
tignor
Grand Master Sweeper

My hubby was interested in going. Hmmmm. He's not a sweeper. Perhaps I'll have him stay home.

Just got off the freaking plane. I think I win the OLS'er Who Came Home Latest award. I stayed up all night in the airport reading (hey, got the book finished!) and it wasn't too bad. My flight home from NYC was only a few hours away and I knew Star had to get to work this morning poor thing.

Oh, yeah, everybody----STARBUCKSADDICT so hot rocks, she is amazing! Thank you thank you thank you girlie for everything you did for me this weekend. Without you, I wouldn't have come and would have sat home writhing in agony and jealousy for everyone that was there.

Old  June 14th, 2005, 11:23am     #43
tigress2b
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial
We can't forget the big winner of the Saturday night banquet prizes - tigress2b's hot momma French Lady - she won a trip for 2 and I think she is gonna go get wild in Hawaii!!!! Now if we could get her in here and posting - what a trip that would be!!!
I have to say thanks to you all! Mom felt like a movie star! couldnt say enough about all the great OLS peeps!

I know shed love hawaii but Im trying to con her into going to germany with us this fall

BTW, I already gave her sheet yesterday about not logging in here She will Im sure

Congrats to all the winners. It was sooooo cool to meet everyone. Tignor, you sweety I thought you were going to cry when you had puffy back in your arms I still need to work on his t-shirt
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 1:25pm     #44
tignor
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigress2b
I have to say thanks to you all! Mom felt like a movie star! couldnt say enough about all the great OLS peeps!

I know shed love hawaii but Im trying to con her into going to germany with us this fall

BTW, I already gave her sheet yesterday about not logging in here She will Im sure

Congrats to all the winners. It was sooooo cool to meet everyone. Tignor, you sweety I thought you were going to cry when you had puffy back in your arms I still need to work on his t-shirt
pictures of puffy in the convention pictures thread!
  Old  June 14th, 2005, 7:22pm     #45
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

My wins at convention
I finally am home and settling in and getting all my wins and freebies put away. My living room looked like I just moved in til now!! Won a beautiful large basket from the vendors area filled with 6 sheets of 37 cent stamps, some 3x5 cards and tons of decorated envelopes (I forget how many they said but it looks like about a thousand) and I still havent gotten through to see if anything else is in the basket. Will be filling it with my different envelopes and sits nicely on the sofa so I can easily pick and choose while entering while watching TV.

Also, I won a bag from CJ envelopes at one of the session. The bag with the 3 bunches of envelopes in it. I am now stocked up for awhile. Now I can start back getting more graphics together and sayings for my ANN-tics envelopes. Some of the guys there came up with some good stuff for me to get together. Oh, and if any of you guys are trying to get me through ANN-tics@comcast.net some goofy problem came up with Comcast and some people are not getting through. I just put another email address online: ann-ticsbycarol@comcast.net and annticsbycarol@aol.com. Please help pass the word until I can get new business cards out.

Don't worry Brent, I save plenty of time for my onlines!! Was great meeting you (my long lost son's near twin) and chatting with you. Thanks to all of the OLS staff for the nice meeting room Friday night. Was glad to meet alot of you guys and now I can put faces with screen names. Wearing my T-shirt proudly. Keep up the good work and if I can figure out how to post pictures to this site, I have a couple of good ones of you guys.

Thanks for being soooooo doggone friendly and hosting your little party. Taquilla will never be the same (ha ha Brent) cause I certainly will remember the lemon next time!!!

Hugs to all!!
Carol