Old  July 5th, 2007, 1:14am     #16
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Get a number (5, 10, 15?) of instant win entry forms filled out and ready to be submitted, and just after the minute change submit them all in rapid succession.

Brent
The way the instants are listed right now, trying to do this is is not an easy task.
Any indication of when we will be able to sort our "MySweeps", using the drop down menu for the instants only? I know that we can go to that category and find them, but that does not allow Shazam and it lists all of them, not just the ones we are actually doing (in MySweeps)

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 1:28am     #17
Nubbs820
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita_mama
The way the instants are listed right now, trying to do this is is not an easy task.
Any indication of when we will be able to sort our "MySweeps", using the drop down menu for the instants only? I know that we can go to that category and find them, but that does not allow Shazam and it lists all of them, not just the ones we are actually doing (in MySweeps)
I have all my instants bookmrked in FF and open in tabs. I know it's not as convenient as shazaaming, but it does the same thing until that option is actually here at OLS.
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 1:43am     #18
tupik3702
Grand Master Sweeper

Thumbs up Thanks for the tips!
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 1:59am     #19
HYDEIST
Master Sweeper

I agree that a premium membership is well worth the money. That's why I sent a money order to renew my membership on June 22.
Now I'm just anxiously waiting for my payment to post.

This period in limbo is a bit stressful because I'm remembering why I became a premium member in the first place.

Not being able to count entries is driving me nuts and I'm aware that hundreds of premium sweeps are expiring while I wait in limbo.

I honestly don't know how the basic black members manage to win.
I've only been stripped of my green for 3 days, and I feel like Paris Hilton in jail
without makeup ,eating bologna sandwiches.

From now on I'm prepaying the entire year in advance so my membership doesn't time out
again.

NANAKOROBI YAOKI
(Japanese for "Fall seven times, get up eight.")
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 2:07am     #20
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibba
thanks for the tips Brent - but for the instants, I've actually won the majority of mine between 10am and noon!
I win most of mine during the day, but that's because I am not usually a night owl.

My Wins
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 2:10am     #21
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamom
That first tip has me wondering. I realize that sweeping is a numbers game, but exactly what do you mean by numbers vs luck? Ex: Should I enter all family members plus the maximum number of referals for each family member?
Or are you saying that I should make sure to enter, for example, a daily each and every day?
I t hink that it means to enter as many sweeps as possible in the time you have allocated. Mathematically the more you enter the more likely you are to win. Also, some sweeps are just more winable others because of the numbers of prizes being given away.

My Wins
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 1:54pm     #22
deesbree
Master Sweeper

Most all of my instants have been won in-between 5-7 in the evening. I guess everyone has a different winning time we are just hitting the right minute.
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 5:13pm     #23
djr58
Grand Master Sweeper

I have won well with instants by staying up into the wee hours of the morning, but I tend to enter mainly in the morning between 8 and 10 a.m.

I will go through spurts of not winning a thing, and then suddenly hit several at once.

Brent's suggestions ring true in the fact that there are less people sweeping late at night. A lot of us are here for long periods during the day, not just sweeping but also reading forums, swapping prizes or checking out the free stuff thread.

One thing I would suggest is to remember that although OLS is the BEST sweeps site on the Net, it's not the only one. When you figure the amount of people HERE that are trying to win, remember that there are others out there trying to win, too.

A major part of winning is timing and persistance.
So, hang in there....and go green if you haven't already!
Being green (a premium member) means you'll have access to so many more sweeps that are categorized and offer lots of great prizes.

~~ Happy Sweeping! ~~

Old  July 5th, 2007, 5:23pm     #24
Bungy
Master Sweeper

Thank you!

http://static.blingo.com/images/frie...0x75.7.blu.gif
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 8:26pm     #25
pawnbiering
Sweeper

Super stay up late! Does anyone have a cold medicine that will wake me up, not knock me out?
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 10:22pm     #26
InterplanetJanet
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I made a list of other tips that you can find in the Questions for Brent thread in the Support and Feedback forum (answer to question 2a in the second post): http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...d.php?t=496091

Brent
Got an error message when trying to click the link....

InterplanetJanet, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

www.momanthology.com
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 10:42pm     #27
Becky719
Senior Sweeper

Tips
I agree these are great tips Brent! You rock and I love OLS

Old  July 5th, 2007, 10:49pm     #28
joocrazy
Sweeper

some sweeps pick the winning time randomly, others pick more prizes during a time of high activity (like blingo & winzy).

It is better to enter completely random instants offpeak and instants like bling or winzy during peak.
  Old  July 5th, 2007, 11:01pm     #29
The Seahorse Lady
Senior Master Sweeper

Thank you for the great tips. I have won more contests since joining your site a few years back. I read the rules and pay attention to the advise that you and others give.
I love this place!

Susan
The Seahorse Lady

My Wins
  Old  July 7th, 2007, 8:36pm     #30
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Thanks for the great article Brent. I will be referring my "newbies" to be sure to read this thread. Saves me a lot of breathe and I can cover a lot more territory now!! Hmmm, more tiime for entering for me????