gsocha
Senior Sweeper

Cleveland, OH
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 2:32pm     #108
Partyin007
Senior Master Sweeper

Packages
Krystalyn,

I listed no names or info from people I traded packages with. I am only listing everyone who has posted here. I only refered to that only as a refrence point of why it interested me. I thought to myself, "Hey self, if you sent one package to one address and sent another trade package to another in the same area code wouldnt it be cool if we had a list, of people who wanted others to know, they too lived in the same town". I found another person who was from the town I grew up in and another 10 minutes from my house. We have not met but I thought, "wow" I have an OLS Family member living close by. I would never use anyones info without their approval. I hope that this clears up any questions you may have. I hope that I have not offended you.

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com...d.php?t=722024
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 2:46pm     #109
Doodle Bug
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalyn
I was talking about POST #1

the first post revealed
usernames and cities they reside, based on places she sent packages to... etc...

my question was for her... not for people who gladly give out what city they live in...

If you're directing your comment to OP, a Pm would be appropriate otherwise you are talking to the board. Therefore opening yourself up to responses from others. I can see where you would have concerns but maybe a Pm to the OP first would have abated your concerns without (as it seemed in your post) accusing OP of negligable practices. I'm not trying to attack you or cause waves. Just responding to a public posting with how I understood OP intent.

Alana

A good friend is one who will bail you out of jail.
A best friend is sitting next to you saying "damn that was fun!"
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 2:53pm     #110
Krystalyn
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyin007
Krystalyn,

I listed no names or info from people I traded packages with. I am only listing everyone who has posted here. I only refered to that only as a refrence point of why it interested me. I thought to myself, "Hey self, if you sent one package to one address and sent another trade package to another in the same area code wouldnt it be cool if we had a list, of people who wanted others to know, they too lived in the same town". I found another person who was from the town I grew up in and another 10 minutes from my house. We have not met but I thought, "wow" I have an OLS Family member living close by. I would never use anyones info without their approval. I hope that this clears up any questions you may have. I hope that I have not offended you.
you missed my point entirely...

1. I never said you stated their names...
---I said you stated their USERNAMES... mine is krystalyn <-not my real name
2. you provided a list of cities where these particular individuals lived
---there are approximately 102 names on this list...
3. your basis of getting this information was by trades you made on OLS
---you stated this in your initial post...
4. I was wondering if you cross-checked 102 usernames to be sure they
---wanted you to ADVERTISE the city they live in... (you could do this by checking
---their posts and seeing if all 102 people had their "cities and states"
---listed on post #1
---the left side below their avatar... or check their profile... or check with them
---personally...

OLS is a little like EBAY - I don't mind if a seller/buyer knows where I am, but I sure as hell don't want someone giving out this information for all to see...

I don't know who it was... but some lady just posted about some psycho on AOL threatened to kill her daughter, who hacked into AOL, AND who now has all her information... I'm quite certain, she does not want to be on your list... I wouldn't want to be on your list... and I wonder how many others don't want to be on your list...

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6694/image1re9.jpg
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:02pm     #111
dwazdip
Master Sweeper

Adrian, MI
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:05pm     #112
Georgie Girl
Master Sweeper

Wichita KS Southeast part of city, near McConnell AFB

Last edited by Georgie Girl; July 28th, 2005 at 3:06pm. Reason: add town
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:05pm     #113
mrsdoctorgirlfriend
Master Sweeper

Augusta, GA
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:07pm     #114
milo
Senior Master Sweeper

Spring Valley, IL
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:10pm     #115
sunnyshone
Master Sweeper

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:10pm     #116
Partyin007
Senior Master Sweeper

Good Grief. This was my 1st post.

Are we neighbors?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I started thinking after doing a lot of trades and sending them to same towns how many of us might be neighbors and not know it.

I will start City/State

I will respond to each issue might have.

you missed my point entirely...

1. I never said you stated their names...
---I said you stated their USERNAMES... mine is krystalyn <-not my real name
A. You are quite correct USERNAMES, I think everyone here understands usernames I apologize that I left off the word USER in the front.

2. you provided a list of cities where these particular individuals lived
---there are approximately 102 names on this list...
A. If you look at the posting it only list USERNAMES of people posting their information here.
3. your basis of getting this information was by trades you made on OLS
---you stated this in your initial post...
A. I never said I derived any information from trades in this list. I only said that is what gave me the idea of this post.
4. I was wondering if you cross-checked 102 usernames to be sure they
---wanted you to ADVERTISE the city they live in... (you could do this by checking
---their posts and seeing if all 102 people had their "cities and states"
---listed on post #1
---the left side below their avatar... or check their profile... or check with them
---personally...
A. Technically anyone could post they were from any city they wanted when they signed up. People often move also and do not change their info quickly. Again they already posted here the city they live in, I am just pushing the list up to the top. I am not the police here and can only list what people say.

OLS is a little like EBAY - I don't mind if a seller/buyer knows where I am, but I sure as hell don't want someone giving out this information for all to see...
A. The only information given out is that in this post that has been offered.

I don't know who it was... but some lady just posted about some psycho on AOL threatened to kill her daughter, who hacked into AOL, AND who now has all her information... I'm quite certain, she does not want to be on your list... I wouldn't want to be on your list... and I wonder how many others don't want to be on your list...

A. I think you are taking this post way to seriously. There are no Home Addresses given out unless a member decides to give one by pming that person directly. No one is on that list that has not posted here the information. There never was any information placed here from trades. It does not even state this in my 1st post. You must have misunderstood the opening. If someone does not wish to be placed on this list then they will not place the information here. I only pushed the list to the top and organized it by state. I would be glad to answer any questions you have. I am just a regular member just like everyone else here. This is most friction I have ever seen over one of my post.

I agree is is awful that someone hacked into that ladys computer and threatened to kill her daughter. Things like that happen every day. There will always be predators out there looking for an opportunity and that is really sad.

Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:11pm     #117
Breadman
Master Sweeper

Gardendale, AL
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:12pm     #118
Georgie Girl
Master Sweeper

The usual trainwreck - hang around any thread long enough and it happens.
  Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:17pm     #119
Partyin007
Senior Master Sweeper

Cant we just get along.LOL.

Old  July 28th, 2005, 3:24pm     #120
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

Bakersfield California checking in!

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley