Old  July 2nd, 2007, 1:54am     #46
Dawggy
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARHUGS65
did not know where to post this but beware of new members not being able to pay for a green- was on pogo on turbo 21 and was watching a chat where people come here and con for memberships so they do not have to pay- the person was talking about how to make people feel bad and donate a membership because they cannot afford- so for all you beware- one has done it many times... and this is the ols they were talking about..not saying the above were the ones- just be wise in your choices so you do not get conned- They can afford it just do not want to pay for it when they can get it for free-

I think this needs to stay bumped so ppl will read it, recently there has been a lot of ppl outright begging for premie memberships by hinting about it.

And yeah I have seen the convo's @ pogo bout this subject now I dont mean ppl shouldnt gift... just beware the sharks who only come here to be gifted.

Old  July 2nd, 2007, 2:17am     #47
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

Wow, on pogo? Well, I guess it doesn't surprise me. I agree, that needs to stay bumped to the top.

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 2:43am     #48
sparkleygem
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
did not know where to post this but beware of new members not being able to pay for a green- was on pogo on turbo 21 and was watching a chat where people come here and con for memberships so they do not have to pay- the person was talking about how to make people feel bad and donate a membership because they cannot afford- so for all you beware- one has done it many times... and this is the ols they were talking about..not saying the above were the ones- just be wise in your choices so you do not get conned- They can afford it just do not want to pay for it when they can get it for free-
Really sickening to think that people are coming here and doing that. I can't believe how often someone posts that they want to go green but can't afford it, or that their membership is about to expire & they'll be sad. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength.
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 3:41am     #49
Glenda
Master Sweeper

Gee, I remember when I get my behind bit when I said people were making up sob stories to get free memberships, Christmas presents, etc.

Benedictum Nomen Iesu
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 3:55am     #50
yadgirl
Senior Master Sweeper
Deep Ends

Quote:
I could name at least one person that you're talking about. Post in the forums. Act like you know nothing about sweeps, and some clueless person gives you a membership.

yad
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 4:04am     #51
elittle2004
Senior Master Sweeper

Thanks for the info.
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 4:20am     #52
Dawggy
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadgirl
I could name at least one person that you're talking about. Post in the forums. Act like you know nothing about sweeps, and some clueless person gives you a membership.

yad
yep yep yep I could point out one right now wouldnt be hard to find either.

Old  July 2nd, 2007, 5:18am     #53
viokasegirl
Senior Master Sweeper

Considering I know someone IRL who burned down his own trailer on Christmas eve to get presents for his kids (it was a little suspicious how the TV ended up in the storage shed, even though he claimed the fire spread too rapidly for him to save anything ) how many people are going to go to the trouble to try and scam the ol' softies here? Its not that much effort to write a begging post, compared to burning your own house down...

I want room service!
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 6:18am     #54
feelinlucky
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadgirl

yad
I noticed that also. I hope nobody falls for that crap.

Old  July 2nd, 2007, 6:49am     #55
gemini lion
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelinlucky
I noticed that also. I hope nobody falls for that crap.
I think someone already has.
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 6:56am     #56
Maineiac
Senior Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawggy
yep yep yep I could point out one right now wouldnt be hard to find either.

I wish those threads were nipped in the bud when posted. POOF!
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 8:39am     #57
annulla
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
the person was talking about how to make people feel bad and donate a membership because they cannot afford-
People here use that strategy to make other people pay for all kinds of things, not just OLS memberships.

I see it all the time, the same people posting woe-is-me stories over and over again. They always desperately need something-or-other but they never have enough money. Most of the time some sucker here will pony up the funds for them.

Please read my blog -- Blather From Brooklyn
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 9:18am     #58
Janir
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by annulla
People here use that strategy to make other people pay for all kinds of things, not just OLS memberships.

I see it all the time, the same people posting woe-is-me stories over and over again. They always desperately need something-or-other but they never have enough money. Most of the time some sucker here will pony up the funds for them.
I'm very sorry to say I agree with you, Annulla, it's very sad. I've been suckered, now I know better.

Old  July 2nd, 2007, 9:49am     #59
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac
I wish those threads were nipped in the bud when posted. POOF!
Please, Please help us by reporting these when you see them pop up - we don't see every thread/every post right away so we rely on the eyes of members to help us out in catching things (spammers, scammers, inappropriate posts, etc) and we are very thankful for those of you that do catch and report these ASAP!!
  Old  July 2nd, 2007, 11:58am     #60
KristieP
Master Sweeper

This reminds me of a thread we had here. One of the members constantly pi$$sed and moaned every day about her money troubles and some of us were going to buy her a year of OLS.. Well it turns out that she was already paid up for 2 years!... Sigh

I have also sent people gifts for the kids birthdays etc etc and never even got a thank you.

No more giving for me

Winzy was here