Old  July 4th, 2004, 1:14am     #16
cpnqn
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks Brent... That even makes me feel better!
Being one that is unable to afford it- (and certainly don't want anyone's charity- we have been blessed tremendously through this site!)- I think I myself would feel better about at least 'earning' it if it were offered as a sweep sponsored by another member... I just don't feel that my family is anymore worthy than someone elses- or even other charities for that matter- but, if it were a CONTEST- well, then I feel better! So, thanks Brent that sounds like a much better 'alternative' for everyone!

Old  September 13th, 2004, 10:03pm     #17
crandreww
Senior Master Sweeper

Talking I have to agree with you all!
Keep up the great work Brent!

Keep on Sweepin'!
  Old  October 6th, 2004, 9:06pm     #18
Xanthippe
Master Sweeper

How do you subscribe for the Premier Membership?
Am I having a blonde moment or what? I can't seem to find any info on the Premier Membership. How do you become a Premier Member?

To often, we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother.... upside the head. ~Unknown~
  Old  October 6th, 2004, 9:12pm     #19
ignoramoose
Master Sweeper
Baby Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieBHunter
Am I having a blonde moment or what? I can't seem to find any info on the Premier Membership. How do you become a Premier Member?
Here is a link to info about what premium membership entails:
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...d.php?t=122603

To become a premium member, click on User CP (the green bar near the top of your screen), then click on Paid Subscriptions (under Miscellaneous on the left side) and that will take you to options for payment on becoming a premium member.
  Old  December 2nd, 2004, 5:11pm     #20
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Chingow and a mustache, I think back to a thread I started ANY GOOD BONES TODAY and I shutter to think how I never want to be misunderstood on this website again. I ended up with a membership from an OLS angel and am very thankful for it.
I was sending you cash in the mail soon after hoping I would eventualy be able to send you enough to pass on the favor. Then Darcy was kind enough to direct me to your feelings on the matter at which time I was in agreement.

Brent, I for one am very glad that you are back in the saddle as things tend to go a little nuts when you are not around.

OLS ROCKS!!!!!!
  Old  March 29th, 2005, 2:19am     #21
edubz02
Senior Sweeper

Hey brent,
Sorry for asking for a donation! i didnt know. hope this doesn't affect my OLS membership and soon to be premium membership sorry again!

Old  September 22nd, 2005, 9:28pm     #22
deckit
Master Sweeper

when i had my stroke earlier this year i posted how i felt about the experience. not to good i had never really been sick before and it was the only time i spent time in the hospital. i did mention that i needed to renew my subscription but i never intended anyone to get it for me. and someone did for 3 months. it was a random act of kindness because the person did not reveal his or her name. i almost broke out in tears when i saw this . ive always been self efficiant and self employed and never asked or relied on anyone for anything. but, i am truly greatful and was really blown away by this act by someone i dont know when i have never been in such a depressed state in my life.what an impact it made on my recovery by creating a better state of mind and heart. but i do know what you mean. ive seen the same handful of people asking for someone to pay for them. it would be easy to do because ols has some of the kindest folks on the internet, i know first hand.
  Old  September 26th, 2005, 6:39am     #23
Janir
Grand Master Sweeper

i had my stroke earlier this year i posted how i felt about the experience. not to good i had never really been sick before and it was the only time i spent time in the hospital. i did mention that i needed to renew my subscription but i never intended anyone to get it for me. and someone did for 3 months. it was a random act of kindness because the person did not reveal his or her name. i almost broke out in tears when i saw this . ive always been self efficiant and self employed and never asked or relied on anyone for anything. but, i am truly greatful and was really blown away by this act by someone i dont know when i have never been in such a depressed state in my life.what an impact it made on my recovery by creating a better state of mind and heart. but i do know what you mean. ive seen the same handful of people asking for someone to pay for them. it would be easy to do because ols has some of the kindest folks on the internet, i know first hand.[/quote]
Bless you & I hope you are feeling better now!

Old  September 26th, 2005, 7:23am     #24
sheloves2win
Senior Sweeper

I agree with it.. It doesn't stop members from helping others if they choose but, it will stop people from just asking for stuff.. Brent really does do a great job of making this site fun for us all and a pretty stress free environment except for the political pages and if you read those you want to get into it w/someone....

SWEEPER SINCE 1990 I LOVE THEM ALL!!! SNAILS/PHONES/INSTANT AND ONLINE... GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU..
  Old  September 27th, 2005, 12:58am     #25
moonbat monitor
Junior Sweeper

test...
I'm new, just doin' a test post here....

Old  January 30th, 2006, 9:32pm     #26
StarbucksAddict
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
LUKALOVAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
What I'm not going to allow is people actively soliciting others for subscriptions, for exactly the same reasons we don't allow other forms of personal solicitations. One, there is no way to know who is telling the truth when someone says they can't afford a membership. And two, there is no doubt that there are some people who will take advantage if they think they can get something free out of it.

And I'm not going to start letting people solicit donations for "funds" set up to provide gift subscriptions, for much the same reasons.

The issue isn't about whether or not I think any one individual is trustworthy or not. The issue is it's logistically impossible to try and make that determination every time someone wants to make a solicitation- of any kind. Even if I could try it, there is no doubt that some of our members would end up having their good intentions taken advantage of, and I'm just not going to let that happen.
Giving this a little as a reminder.
  Old  July 24th, 2006, 4:16pm     #27
dvhnv
Master Sweeper

very well put Kara ... the fun here is to try to win stuff.
  Old  July 27th, 2006, 5:54pm     #28
pjscoupons
Junior Sweeper

that a wise move
  Old  November 3rd, 2006, 12:57am     #29
Marge Disbrow
Junior Sweeper

Angry 3 month premium subscription
Why can't I find a place to enter my code for the free 3 month premium subscription?????

Old  November 3rd, 2006, 1:17am     #30
InkyPrincess
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge Disbrow
Why can't I find a place to enter my code for the free 3 month premium subscription?????
What code and what free membership? If someone gifted you it goes through automatically... there should be no code to enter.