Old  July 28th, 2010, 8:26am     #46
bdc63
Senior Master Sweeper

I never even noticed the button before, so I was not one of the cronic clickers, lol.

Thanks for the info.

I VOTERS! - Stop by the Voting Forums and Help Out Some Fellow OLSer!
2010-Winnings-ThanksOLS!
  Old  September 15th, 2010, 6:44am     #47
kathleenp980
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I know a lot of people are confused by this. If you are clicking on the Save/Disk icon () every time you make any MySweeps changes, you are wasting a lot of time.

The Save/Disk icon (the little green disk graphic) that appears in the upper-right corner of the page anytime you make changes to MySweeps isn't necessary at all.

Your MySweeps changes (adding or deleting a sweep, recording an entry, etc.) are automatically saved each time you go to another web page in the sweepstakes directory (that is, any page not in the forums).

The only time your MySweeps changes won't be automatically saved is when you don't go to another web page in the sweepstakes directory after making the changes.

For example, let's say you're doing your Dailies in MySweeps and you're recording your entries as you make them. When you're done with page one, all you have to do is go straight on to page two and your changes will automatically be saved without having to click on the Save/Disk icon at all.

Another example, if you're going through the New Sweepstakes section and adding the sweeps you like to MySweeps as you go, your changes will be automatically saved when you continue on to the next page. The next page can be the next New Sweepstakes page or anywhere at all in the sweepstakes directory (anywhere but the forums).

The only time your MySweeps changes won't be automatically saved is when you don't go to another page in the sweepstakes directory after making changes.

For example, if you're on your last page of MySweeps for the day and recording the entries as you go, the changes won't be saved if you leave OLS or close your browser without first going to another web page in the OLS sweepstakes directory.

To sum it up:
  1. MySweeps changes aren't be saved until you load another web page in the sweepstakes directory (i.e. any page not in the forums).

2. Clicking on the Save/Disk icon (the little green disk) essentially just reloads the page you're currently viewing. Continuing on to the next page (or any page for that matter) in the sweepstakes directory will accomplish exactly the same thing, your MySweeps changes will automatically be saved.

3. As long as you don't make any MySweeps changes on the very last page you view in the OLS sweepstakes directory during your visit, your MySweeps changes will automatically be saved. There are a few exceptions where they will be saved anyway, even then.

4. Logging out will also automatically save any changes you might have made to MySweeps.

Brent
Thanks for the post.
  Old  September 15th, 2010, 7:35am     #48
triple*eee
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterplanetJanet View Post
I use mozilla and still lose mine if I have to close my browser or go back a page. I found the only way to prevent this is saving.
I can go through all the sweeps for the day. Page by page and most often the next day they are missing. So I will continue to click the "save" button after I am done with a page of sweeps.