Old  October 3rd, 2018, 3:48pm     #31
slgibbs1
Master Sweeper

roboform is fine. The yellow boxes are your google autofill. I go back and forth between them constantly. If you never use roboform you will enter a lot less sweeps. The robo form disqualification would be less than half of ONE PERCENT!

Sandy________________
Wins-$20,000, Trip to Las Vegas to the Comedy Festival, $2500 DEll XPS Computer, Trip to Czech Republic, $5,000 Bloomingdales GC, camping package, trip for 4 to Mexico, trip to the Caymans
  Old  October 3rd, 2018, 3:50pm     #32
slgibbs1
Master Sweeper

ps- you can disable autofill

Sandy________________
Wins-$20,000, Trip to Las Vegas to the Comedy Festival, $2500 DEll XPS Computer, Trip to Czech Republic, $5,000 Bloomingdales GC, camping package, trip for 4 to Mexico, trip to the Caymans
  Old  October 7th, 2018, 12:13pm     #33
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgibbs1 View Post
roboform is fine. The yellow boxes are your google autofill. I go back and forth between them constantly. If you never use roboform you will enter a lot less sweeps. The robo form disqualification would be less than half of ONE PERCENT!
I would like to know how you arrived at that figure. I would like to who speaks for all judging agencies as to what " entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process will not be accepted" et al, means.

Almost every top flight sweeps has verbiage to that effect now. It seems to me those statements are referring to form fillers as well as sweep submission services, bots, etc, which would be illegal.

I know this debate has gone on since the dawn of online entries, but with so many people like myself who used to win a fair number of prizes coming up dry for years, one has to think that many judges are disqualifying use of form fillers.

Added: another statement

Any use of any macro, robotic, automatic, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries affected by such methods and entrants using such methods will be disqualified

Old  October 7th, 2018, 1:14pm     #34
auctions
Master Sweeper

Now I am seeing the yellow using chrome auto fill and am wondering if I am wasting my time...

Jenn <------I love Puffy
People don't really win those sweepstakes!!? Do they???
  Old  October 7th, 2018, 1:54pm     #35
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgibbs1 View Post
I only hae 2 browsers loaded on my computer, IE and Chrome. I disabled auto complete on IE but kept it on Chrome. I'm going to try to enter the the sweeps that I might be concerned about on IE and do the rest on Chrome. I'll let you in a couple of months if it made me lucky.
Actually, I think I'll try entering all my 1X's, that don't use referrals, manually on IE.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  October 7th, 2018, 3:33pm     #36
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

On one hand you hear how sponsors / agencies don't mind auto-fill because they don't want to go through notifying one after another and not getting anywhere because of a mis-typed email. ... on the other hand is the DQ sentences in rules.

Personally, I see times when I manually type in that I switch two letters or such.. and feel a lot better with robo or auto-fill.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  October 9th, 2018, 6:42pm     #37
flimsy
Senior Sweeper

I'm wondering now whether you are disqualified if you enter from a sweeps site. Can the sponsors tell that you entered from a sweeps site??

Old  October 9th, 2018, 8:41pm     #38
tlcfromtn
Senior Master Sweeper

I was just notified that I was a weekly winner for a sweep that has this in the rules- "Use of any automated, programmed or like means to enter the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification." I used autofill every time I entered.
  Old  October 10th, 2018, 8:48am     #39
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcfromtn View Post
I was just notified that I was a weekly winner for a sweep that has this in the rules- "Use of any automated, programmed or like means to enter the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification." I used autofill every time I entered.
I think it's primarily that they now have the means to DQ someone found to be paying for entries to be made for them.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92

Tags
roboform