Old  March 22nd, 2020, 10:24am     #16
d7dot
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhozalea View Post
I feel bad for those losing a loved one,
then not being able to have a funeral until all this has passed

And not being able to be with them in the final moments has to be a heart breaker as well.
  Old  March 22nd, 2020, 12:04pm     #17
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Good morning. Have you been to the grocery store or are you like me and home for seven days? I'm thinking of going out Tuesday morning and i would like to get some input.

#StaySafe #StayHome #FlattenTheCurve
  Old  March 22nd, 2020, 9:14pm     #18
Quell
Sweeper

Unfortunately I am not able to work from home and as an "Essential" employee of a hospital I have to carry my hospital ID with me at all times. If we have to 'shelter in place' or whatnot, that hospital ID is my passport to travel to work freely.

I have been taking the train to work (I live way outside the city) and I have been able to continue to ride because ridership is down 70% since this started--easy to sit far apart from other riders now. I knew it wouldn't last; starting tomorrow 5 round trips have been cancelled. I'm off work at 4:00 PM and if I can't get to the train station by 4:15 I have to wait over an hour for the next train which really eats into my precious, short evening before I have to go to bed.

I work in medical imaging and since we have cancelled all but the most emergent imaging, there is not much for me to do. Soon enough I will be put into the "labor pool" to help out somewhere else in the hospital--wherever help is needed.

I worry about some of my siblings. One lives in Japan and is a teacher....the schools have all closed down there so he has had to get creative. Another brother owns a restaurant. He had to lay off all of his employees. He and his wife and 2 teenagers are doing everything now to still serve to-go orders at least.

My parents are 82 and I worry for them, of course. They live about an hour from me and so far they are doing fine. Staying home with no visitors.

The virus is spread by droplets. Sneezing, coughing, etc. that settle on surfaces. The best advice I've heard and would recommend is please do not touch your face--nose, mouth, eyes--and wash your hands frequently. If you have to go out then bring hand sanitizer with you. And use it. And Social Distancing is crucial!!

Stay safe everyone!
  Old  March 22nd, 2020, 9:20pm     #19
Quell
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coljim View Post
Good morning. Have you been to the grocery store or are you like me and home for seven days? I'm thinking of going out Tuesday morning and i would like to get some input.
You should be fine to go to the grocery store. My grocery store has sanitizing wipes for the shopping cart handle, look for that & use it if your store has them. Just remember to practice good hand hygiene and don't touch your face. Going for walks around the neighborhood is a good idea too, if you are able.

Also, not knowing your age or any medical conditions you may or may not have----stores around here have been offering special morning shopping hours on certain days just for people in that situation. Maybe something to check into.
  Old  March 23rd, 2020, 10:53am     #20
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quell View Post
You should be fine to go to the grocery store. My grocery store has sanitizing wipes for the shopping cart handle, look for that & use it if your store has them. Just remember to practice good hand hygiene and don't touch your face. Going for walks around the neighborhood is a good idea too, if you are able.

Also, not knowing your age or any medical conditions you may or may not have----stores around here have been offering special morning shopping hours on certain days just for people in that situation. Maybe something to check into.
Thank you for your reply. I am 81 and live alone. I have not been out except to walk since Saturday 3/14. I am still set for food and I expecting a box of "staples" that my daughter sent me. It will be a surprise and after that I am planning to shop on Walmart's site. I had considered going to Albertsons but if at all possible I will avoid people. I have gloves and masks that I had purchased back in the day for the Avian flu. I never needed them and I'm finding mixed messages about their value.

#StaySafe #StayHome #FlattenTheCurve
  Old  March 23rd, 2020, 1:31pm     #21
Rhozalea
Grand Master Sweeper

Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhozalea View Post
Remember
Covid 19 does not care about race,religion,borders or politics
It is not typical of anything we've dealt with before.
Try to stay healthy & stay busy with other things so
U don't constantly stress on the news.

I'm praying for the entire world AND
watching any humorous programs I can find

Also calming stuff on explore.org.......lots of
nest cams to remind me of spring

It's getting harder for me to follow my own advice

So many a$$hats & know it alls blaming, finger pointing & downright lying.

PLZZ save it til this crisis is over.

Be fair to everyone, not just your chosen few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joancam View Post
after spending a week in the hospital my dear hubby is being extremely careful. He won't even let me on the bak steps.
Not covid19, influenza A and broncitus at the same time.
ended up with 100+ mile ambulance ride, 2 days in ICU and a week in the hospital. Been home about 2 weeks now and going absolutely stir crazy.

everyone stay safe and healthy.
Glad to hear you are better,
I'm having major cabin fever also

I cried because I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet

Persian Proverb
  Old  March 27th, 2020, 8:49am     #22
Rhozalea
Grand Master Sweeper

Unhappy
and now,
Even worse

So many non funerals

Persian Proverb
  Old  March 28th, 2020, 11:59am     #23
joancam
Sweeper

minnesota is now on lockdown

everyone stay home and stay safe. this is nothing to fool with we have 18 people down with this and i death. our entire county doesn't have 10,000 people in it and it is spreading rapidy.

prayers for all
and a great big THANLK YOU for all that are on the front lines of this disaster

you are so appreciated.
  Old  April 2nd, 2020, 7:39am     #24
Rhozalea
Grand Master Sweeper

I agree Joan,
Prayers go out for all
trying to help us through this crisis

Persian Proverb
  Old  April 8th, 2020, 5:45pm     #25
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Pray...Enjoy time with your family!

OP It's going to be ok! Try not to worry! Stay busy with positive things. It will all be over before you know it!

As a precaution I started taking 50mg of Zinc a day when I first heard about COVID-19. I'm considering adding some Tonic water daily too!

Without the Gin or Vodka!
  Old  April 13th, 2020, 8:48pm     #26
reginae
Master Sweeper

A happy story during this pandemic. Last week I was at a drive thru restaurant with my daughter. I noticed a young couple in the car behind me. I didnít know the couple but I paid for their order as a kind gesture. Tonight my husband and daughter got ice cream in a drive thru and someone paid for their order. It made me smile.
  Old  April 14th, 2020, 1:07am     #27
1claire
Junior Sweeper

I am so happy that the SWAB test result of my brother for COVID-19 is negative. A month ago I was so mad at him for choosing his nursing profession rather than staying home, but now we are so proud of how optimistic he is that this will end soon and that his patients will soon be discharge from the hospital.

As a way of saying thank you, I and my Mom have decided to give a part of our salary last month to feed those who are in need in our hometown.
  Old  April 20th, 2020, 12:29pm     #28
reginae
Master Sweeper

I went to the grocery store this morning. I saw a woman waiting at the end of a counter while a man was getting produce. He got what he needed and I walked up towards the items. I picked up 2 cucumbers and the lady asked me "why I couldn't wait my turn". I thought she was with the man and they were shopping together. Then I thought she was kidding and I knew her but wasn't sure who she was behind her mask. But then I realized what she was saying. I told her I didn't know I had to wait my turn because I didn't.
I didn't know I broke the rules. Geesh sorry! I can't wait for this virus to be over.
  Old  May 17th, 2020, 1:06am     #29
Quell
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coljim View Post
Thank you for your reply. I am 81 and live alone. I have not been out except to walk since Saturday 3/14. I am still set for food and I expecting a box of "staples" that my daughter sent me. It will be a surprise and after that I am planning to shop on Walmart's site. I had considered going to Albertsons but if at all possible I will avoid people. I have gloves and masks that I had purchased back in the day for the Avian flu. I never needed them and I'm finding mixed messages about their value.
I've been thinking of you Coljim & wondering how you are doing.
  Old  June 8th, 2020, 9:43am     #30
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

reported alifeller

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein