Old  August 9th, 2019, 9:34am     #1
bigballofyarn
Senior Sweeper

2019 Christmas Card Swap - Sign up by 12-1-19
Note: If OLS disappears, I probably won't be posting anything on Facebook. I do not use Facebook. Let me know if you'd like to keep in touch though and we'll find another means.

I am aware that it is still summer. I would like to give more people a chance to see this thread and sign up for the exchange. Over the past few years, the exchange has consisted of around 20 people.

You are welcome to participate and send any type of card that you would like, as long as it sends positive wishes for the holiday season. Keep in mind that you will be sending to everyone on the list. Be prepared to write and receive many cards. If no one receives a card from you, you may not be allowed to participate in the future.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested. Please private message me with your full name and address even if you sent it to me a previous year. I have to keep clearing my inbox and outbox. Your address will be copied, pasted, and sent to everyone EXACTLY as you send it to me. So, make sure that it is correct. Do not forget your full street address or zip code. You have until 5:00 AM December 1st (EST) to send me your information. I will send the entire list to everyone by the evening of December 2nd. Send out your cards timely so that they arrive by Christmas Eve.

Please remember to send a card to everyone on the list. You don't want to end up on Santa's naughty list. Don't feel pressured or obligated to buy expensive cards. Free cards are fine. The idea of the swap is to spread cheer, not to feel overwhelmed.

I will update this list with user names as people sign up for the swap. Your name will turn red after people start receiving your cards. If your name is in the list, presume I received your name and address.

Thank you and best wishes.

P.S. I may also be making a thread for a 2020 birthday card swap if OLS stays in place.
I am running a Secret Santa on my personal website, but not on OLS. If you are interested in joining that, you have until November 10th to join.

2019 Participants:
1. bigballofyarn
2. karenanne
3. ktfern
4. Susan
5. mullin
6. nanajoyner
7. dvhnv
8. kimkij
9. gracepap
10. Lawrence86
11. Red Sox Girl

Last edited by bigballofyarn; December 16th, 2019 at 9:13pm.

http://www.bigballofyarn.proboards.com
I have a forum! Keep in touch if OLS closes.
  Old  August 9th, 2019, 10:16pm     #2
margarita_mama
Grand Master Sweeper

while I think these things have always been a nice community thing....please keep in mind that OLS' future is kinda hanging on threads at the moment.
Please see the support and feedback forum for several threads, (if you have not already been made aware).
As it stands right now, the OLS website domain is set to expire early next month. If it is not renewed by the website owner, the website will no longer be available, which means you will not be able to access your private messages, so you might want to post an alternate method for participants to reach out to you, if you decide to go ahead with the card swap.

My Motherload of Wins
  Old  August 10th, 2019, 7:09am     #3
bigballofyarn
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita_mama View Post
while I think these things have always been a nice community thing....please keep in mind that OLS' future is kinda hanging on threads at the moment.
Please see the support and feedback forum for several threads, (if you have not already been made aware).
As it stands right now, the OLS website domain is set to expire early next month. If it is not renewed by the website owner, the website will no longer be available, which means you will not be able to access your private messages, so you might want to post an alternate method for participants to reach out to you, if you decide to go ahead with the card swap.
Doh! I forgot about that. I suppose I'll wait and see what happens before I decide whether or not to try to organize this outside of the forum. Thank you.

Old  August 10th, 2019, 7:47am     #4
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper

..post it in the group

Good Luck!
  Old  September 5th, 2019, 3:11am     #5
karenanne
Sweeper

Wondering
So I am wondering if OLS goes away and I respect and understand you don't use Facebook what is another way to communicate for the Christmas Swap. Would you need emails

By the way I want to be in The Christmas Swap. I will send info when you let me know how
  Old  September 5th, 2019, 7:21am     #6
bigballofyarn
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenanne View Post
So I am wondering if OLS goes away and I respect and understand you don't use Facebook what is another way to communicate for the Christmas Swap. Would you need emails

By the way I want to be in The Christmas Swap. I will send info when you let me know how
I do run my own forum and we usually do Secret Santa gift swaps there if you want to be part of that with a different group of people. As for the OLS card exchange, I'm not sure how many people are going to see this thread before the weekend. Email addresses would work, but everyone would have to log in and send them to me. I'm open to ideas.

Is there even an "official" OLS group on Facebook? I remember reading some announcements that indicated there were many different member-created ones. Is there ONE that people primarily use now?

Edit (9-12-19):
I never ran any of the gift or ornament swaps here. Those who normally do are free to run them as usual.

Last edited by bigballofyarn; September 12th, 2019 at 8:01am.

Old  September 15th, 2019, 12:42pm     #7
dvhnv
Master Sweeper

I plan on continuing with the xmas card swap ... i uploaded 2018 list to my computer, so I at least have them to send to. OLS facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/4935084023/

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic109803
  Old  September 17th, 2019, 6:33am     #8
karenanne
Sweeper

Sorry
Misunderstood about Christmas Swap. But would love to be in your Secret Santa Swap if you do it.

QUOTE=bigballofyarn;11670113]I do run my own forum and we usually do Secret Santa gift swaps there if you want to be part of that with a different group of people. As for the OLS card exchange, I'm not sure how many people are going to see this thread before the weekend. Email addresses would work, but everyone would have to log in and send them to me. I'm open to ideas.

Is there even an "official" OLS group on Facebook? I remember reading some announcements that indicated there were many different member-created ones. Is there ONE that people primarily use now?

Edit (9-12-19):
I never ran any of the gift or ornament swaps here. Those who normally do are free to run them as usual.[/quote]
  Old  September 18th, 2019, 3:54pm     #9
bigballofyarn
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvhnv View Post
I plan on continuing with the xmas card swap ..
Please send me your name and address so I can add you to the list for this year's swap.

Thank you.

Old  September 18th, 2019, 6:58pm     #10
Poneyin
Junior Sweeper

Hi
New to the forum. Would my kids be allowed to participate? They will write cards. I will mail them.

Please don't ever move this to facebook. I wouldn't trust a swap there. I'm glad you said you don't use facebook.
  Old  September 19th, 2019, 5:48am     #11
bigballofyarn
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenanne View Post
Misunderstood about Christmas Swap. But would love to be in your Secret Santa Swap if you do it.
I'll be making the post on my forum soon to see who is interested. I will let you know. Also, maybe we should wait a bit. Maybe the people who normally run them here will still run them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poneyin View Post
Hi
New to the forum. Would my kids be allowed to participate? They will write cards. I will mail them.

Please don't ever move this to facebook. I wouldn't trust a swap there. I'm glad you said you don't use facebook.
I don't save information from swaps. That would violate your privacy. That's why I ask for names and addresses again every year. I would never move this to Facebook either. Don't worry.

Yes, you and your kids are welcome to join. Post around. Get a feel for OLS. See if you feel comfortable here, and send me your information when you are ready.

Old  October 28th, 2019, 11:28am     #12
ktfern
Master Sweeper

I signed up for the umpteenth year. Love to get and display the beautiful cards.

Kathy in OR
  Old  November 3rd, 2019, 10:57pm     #13
mullin
Senior Sweeper

Smile
I would love to be in the Christmas Card Exchange
Thanks for having this for us.
  Old  November 4th, 2019, 6:21am     #14
nanajoyner
Grand Master Sweeper

I always enjoy getting cards! Please sign me up

http://img231.echo.cx/img231/9692/msuniversesig4it.gif
  Old  November 4th, 2019, 10:50am     #15
bigballofyarn
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktfern View Post
I signed up for the umpteenth year. Love to get and display the beautiful cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullin View Post
I would love to be in the Christmas Card Exchange
Thanks for having this for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoyner View Post
I always enjoy getting cards! Please sign me up
You've all been added to the list!