Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  Old  August 14th, 2019, 8:25am     #16
d7dot is offline
d7dot
Gone Camping

 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,460
Location: Tampa Bay
You are close by, in the Land of Strawberries.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 24th, 2019, 7:19pm     #17
paddy4444 is offline
paddy4444
Master Sweeper

 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,171
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
Picturesque Plant City
My son went to the Plant City/Jesuit game last night.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 24th, 2019, 8:33pm     #18
reginae is offline
reginae
Master Sweeper
 
reginae's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,352
Location: Connecticut
I'm on vacation here in Florida. I was in Clearwater but passed thru Tampa today. Now we are in Cape Coral. I love it here.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 30th, 2019, 2:59pm     #19
d7dot is offline
d7dot
Gone Camping

 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,460
Location: Tampa Bay
If you are still here you might want to check your flight out before the stuff hits the fan from Dorian.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 30th, 2019, 4:00pm     #20
QBookie is offline
QBookie
Master Sweeper

 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,244
Location: 2,810 Miles from Santa Cruz CA
Hurricane Dorian
Who is ready for Dorian? I have water for food and drinking. I will fill the bathtub with water that I will use for other purposes, such as emptying the toilet bowl after a BM.
I have a small cooler for ice and things I want to save outside of the refrigerator. I have many battery operated lights. My laptop stores 3 hrs power which I will conserve. Laptop is attached to the internet by a smartphone. I may have a problem in that the smartphone and the flip phone that I use are both Verizon. If a Verizon tower goes down I'll be incommunicado. My car is 3/4 full. I know where the nearest shelters are. The TV is talking about the center hitting this area at 2 AM on Mon or Tue? I suppose the wind will wake me up but I won't be going to a shelter.

Honey, ain't nothing ever gonna be like it ever was before.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 30th, 2019, 4:20pm     #21
d7dot is offline
d7dot
Gone Camping

 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,460
Location: Tampa Bay
We are pretty well hunkered down where we are at. Our shelter is a school right across the road from us. But that is a single story building on a slab with a flat roof. We are better off staying put. The Achilles Heel for Florida is GAS. The 3 closest stations it us are all Closed and signed OUT OF GAS. If you are to evacuate you would only get as far as your 1 full tank would take you. In fact, right now they are reporting that dozens of people have abandoned their cars right in front of the gas pumps, outta gas of course.

Good luck and God Bless to all who live here.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 30th, 2019, 4:39pm     #22
nanajoyner is offline
nanajoyner
Grand Master Sweeper
 
nanajoyner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,579
Location: small town USA
My sister lives in Brooksville, south of Tampa and they are ready & my son lives in Jacksonville. Stay safe & praying for all of you

http://img231.echo.cx/img231/9692/msuniversesig4it.gif
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 30th, 2019, 9:40pm     #23
reginae is offline
reginae
Master Sweeper
 
reginae's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,352
Location: Connecticut
I'm leaving to go home tomorrow morning. Some of our family are in the danger zone and relocating. I hope everyone will be safe.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 30th, 2019, 11:04pm     #24
Ashook is offline
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper
 
Ashook's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,152
Location: ..stuck in a ziplock bag..
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
Who is ready for Dorian? I have water for food and drinking. I will fill the bathtub with water that I will use for other purposes, such as emptying the toilet bowl after a BM.
I have a small cooler for ice and things I want to save outside of the refrigerator. I have many battery operated lights. My laptop stores 3 hrs power which I will conserve. Laptop is attached to the internet by a smartphone. I may have a problem in that the smartphone and the flip phone that I use are both Verizon. If a Verizon tower goes down I'll be incommunicado. My car is 3/4 full. I know where the nearest shelters are. The TV is talking about the center hitting this area at 2 AM on Mon or Tue? I suppose the wind will wake me up but I won't be going to a shelter.
Please keep us posted on how you are dear, as soon as possible, here, there, FB, fireworks etc Stay safe!!

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 31st, 2019, 3:13am     #25
d7dot is offline
d7dot
Gone Camping

 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,460
Location: Tampa Bay
People are generally pretty nice here, but when a big storm is forecast to hit us they go wacko. It's about like the first winter snowfall back in Rochester. They forget how to drive and all forms of manners.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 31st, 2019, 2:49pm     #26
plazamama is offline
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper
 
plazamama's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,318
Location: Shenandoah Valley
thinking about all my Florida, Georgia and Carolina Coast OLS buds. I'm still hoping it will change its mind and turn around to go back to the ocean. (in an island-free zone) Oh well, I can dream, can't I. lol

"All You Need Is Love"

Lennon-McCartney
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 31st, 2019, 4:46pm     #27
d7dot is offline
d7dot
Gone Camping

 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,460
Location: Tampa Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazamama View Post
thinking about all my Florida, Georgia and Carolina Coast OLS buds. I'm still hoping it will change its mind and turn around to go back to the ocean. (in an island-free zone) Oh well, I can dream, can't I. lol
Thanks. You may get your wish. Hurricanes like to go North. This one was pushed West and kept to the south due to a strong High pressure in the North. That High was shifted East and will allow the storm to turn away from the Florida coast. Georgia is not out of the woods yet though.
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 31st, 2019, 5:58pm     #28
nanajoyner is offline
nanajoyner
Grand Master Sweeper
 
nanajoyner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,579
Location: small town USA
With some of my family in Florida and I live close to the coast of South Carolina, I am concerned

http://img231.echo.cx/img231/9692/msuniversesig4it.gif
Reply With Quote
  Old  August 31st, 2019, 6:26pm     #29
QBookie is offline
QBookie
Master Sweeper

 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,244
Location: 2,810 Miles from Santa Cruz CA
Hurricane Dorian
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoyner View Post
With some of my family in Florida and I live close to the coast of South Carolina, I am concerned
Keeping positive thoughts for SC and you.

Honey, ain't nothing ever gonna be like it ever was before.
Reply With Quote
  Old  September 1st, 2019, 7:02am     #30
nanajoyner is offline
nanajoyner
Grand Master Sweeper
 
nanajoyner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,579
Location: small town USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
Keeping positive thoughts for SC and you.
thank you & to you as well!!

http://img231.echo.cx/img231/9692/msuniversesig4it.gif
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 4:22am.