Old  July 9th, 2018, 9:24pm     #20536
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

So I filled out the paperwork for the Trusted Traveler Program a couple of weeks ago. Had my little interview today. Soon I will be able to fly through security lines and the immigration lines when I travel abroad with my Global Entry card. My hubs? Not so much. Refuses to do it. Why? Can't say. Especially since he travels so much for his work. Insane.

I told him I will sit in the lounge and drink Pina Coladas while I wait for him to clear customs....

Old  July 9th, 2018, 9:39pm     #20537
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Was the interview in person or over the phone? I've never heard of that program. Of course, I don't travel abroad, so there is probably no reason I would have known of it. It seems strange that your husband doesn't want to participate and save himself time and hassle.

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  July 9th, 2018, 10:57pm     #20538
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

It cost $100 for 5 years. So if you travel once a year, $20 a year. I usually go twice, so $10 is certainly reasonable. I never really thought about doing it until I got flagged for whatever reason on the last trip and suffered in that excruciating customs line for no point. Then I decided it was really really worth getting. Especially when I got an email from my credit card company stating that paying that fee was a benefit for me. Perfect. Costs me only the $12 parking at the airport for the interview.

One applies online by filling out a fairly lengthy application. They do a background check. If you pass, you go to a center where they go over your passport and stuff, ask some questions, take a photo and fingerprints. Closest place to me was the airport. In a couple of weeks, you get a new card to carry along with your passport or other ID.

Then you get to go to the T.S.A. Precheck line through security for all flights. Shorter and faster lines. No families with little kids and strollers on their way to Disneyworld taking forever. (Sorry, but they do.). Frequent, experienced travelers that donít have to go through all the stupid human tricks of the other screening lines move right through quickly.

Coming home from abroad, I will enjoy expedited passport and customs return procedures in the Global Entry line. Looking forward to those.

So for me, totally worth it!!!!

Old  July 9th, 2018, 11:41pm     #20539
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

That sounds like a good deal to me!

Albert Einstein
  Old  July 12th, 2018, 6:19pm     #20540
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

I received notification that I am approved. Yay.

Now if I could only convince the man...

Old  July 12th, 2018, 8:23pm     #20541
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Approval is good.

Albert Einstein
  Old  July 13th, 2018, 11:14am     #20542
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

I approve of approval.

Old  July 13th, 2018, 11:17am     #20543
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Albert Einstein
  Old  August 28th, 2018, 12:17pm     #20544
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

I'm not sure who will see this, since there are so few players here these days. I'm having shoulder surgery on Thursday, so I guess I'll be out for a while. I'll have a sling and won't be able to type, although I can probably peck out a few words with my left hand at some point. I don't know what the pain level will be or if I'll feel like posting or entering sweeps.

I've already been reposting several threads at the end of the list to keep them from being dropped, but everyone here feel free to keep the threads current. Thanks.

Albert Einstein
  Old  August 28th, 2018, 1:52pm     #20545
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancebunny View Post
I'm not sure who will see this, since there are so few players here these days. I'm having shoulder surgery on Thursday, so I guess I'll be out for a while. I'll have a sling and won't be able to type, although I can probably peck out a few words with my left hand at some point. I don't know what the pain level will be or if I'll feel like posting or entering sweeps.

I've already been reposting several threads at the end of the list to keep them from being dropped, but everyone here feel free to keep the threads current. Thanks.
We sure hope you recover quickly and return soon. Take care.

America: Love it or give it back.
  Old  August 28th, 2018, 2:27pm     #20546
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Thank you awssm.

Albert Einstein
  Old  August 28th, 2018, 6:57pm     #20547
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Oh no, bunbun! Poor bunny!!! I hope this solves the pain problems and you feel much better afterwards. Will it be outpatient or are you going to be admitted to the hospital? I will need to speak to your nurses, colleague to colleague, to make sure they understand who they are going to have there.

Old  August 28th, 2018, 8:21pm     #20548
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

I have to spend one night there after the surgery, due to being under a pain block, whatever that is. Then I'll go home the next day. It makes me think this is going to be a painful surgery. Then I go back to p.t. next week. I'm so nervous, thinking I might croak under anesthesia or something. Plus, I'm worried about my bunnies. My husband doesn't know any of their routines, what to feed them and when, so I've been making instructions. They can be difficult to herd from the porch back into the house late at night when they go out for their final run around, where they like to pee on the towels out there. Fortunately, they use the litter box in the house. We have to pen them up when we go to bed, since I worry that they will chew on things that are harmful to them. I hope he can manage to get them in the pen and that they don't make a beeline behind the sofa where you can't get to them.

I don't even think I'm going to do my monthly sweeps (I have a lot) or the August ending sweeps. What if I win but I miss the winning email? I would hate to see the email when I finally get back to checking them - and there will be a lot - just to discover that I'm too late to respond.

Thanks for your good wishes. It would be nice if Nurse Ravzie was looking after me in the hospital. Then I know that I would get good care.

Albert Einstein
  Old  August 28th, 2018, 8:59pm     #20549
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

I wish I could help you with those things so you wouldn't worry.

Old  August 28th, 2018, 9:28pm     #20550
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks, Ravzie. I've always been a terrible worrier, and always seem to think of dire outcomes. Besides thinking I might not make it, which I guess is crazy, I worry about the pain and after care. How I can do all my personal things without the use of my dominant hand. I'm rather needle phobic too, so I can't stop thinking about when they insert that IV needle into the back of my hand. I feel like I'm being a big baby about everything, and I know that people have faced and are facing more serious surgeries, but it's just my nature to be nervous and frightened. I'm sure that my nerves will really get amped up tomorrow. Too bad I don't have any tranquilizers around. I just need to put on my big girl panties and suck it up.

I hope that things are going well for you.

Albert Einstein