Old  September 12th, 2018, 1:25pm     #1
Maxrocks
Sweeper

Chromebook?
Looking for a new laptop for hubby who only uses it for internet, email and entering a few sweepstakes. Will Roboform work on a Chromebook? Any disadvantages when using a Chromebook rather than a PC laptop or Mac?
  Old  September 12th, 2018, 2:00pm     #2
Coastal Sunshine
Master Sweeper

Roboform works on chrome for me (but I don't use a Chromebook).

My only issue with a Chromebook is that it won't allow you to download any other browers.

Old  September 12th, 2018, 7:02pm     #3
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

I have one but I use a desktop for sweeps. Use the Chromebook when I travel.
My husband has had 2, and I recommended it to a friend.
In my opinion, most bang for your buck.
  Old  September 12th, 2018, 9:14pm     #4
jking513
Master Sweeper

I replaced my laptop with a Chromebook this summer. I like it, for the most part. Certain things, like no cap lock button, or "f" keys, and no 10 key on side (which is common on more than Chromebook) have taken some getting used to. I've only used Chrome for my browser for a few years, so that part hasn't affected my use. I am still learning what I can and can't do, but so far it works great, and I have no issues entering sweeps.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." Bullet Tooth Tony
  Old  September 12th, 2018, 9:23pm     #5
newsome815
Master Sweeper

I use only a Chromebook now (have for a few months). Chrome has autofill - so I don't use Roboform. I also use a standard keyboard and mouse (and a bigger monitor) because I like having a number pad and caps lock easier. I haven't had any issues using Chrome to enter contests.
  Old  September 12th, 2018, 10:08pm     #6
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking513 View Post
I replaced my laptop with a Chromebook this summer. I like it, for the most part. Certain things, like no cap lock button, or "f" keys, and no 10 key on side (which is common on more than Chromebook) have taken some getting used to. I've only used Chrome for my browser for a few years, so that part hasn't affected my use. I am still learning what I can and can't do, but so far it works great, and I have no issues entering sweeps.
You can cap lock by hitting Alt + the search button.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  September 12th, 2018, 11:56pm     #7
llinda29
Senior Sweeper

the price was cheep so I use it as a secondary pc. No complaints. Does not have some of the stuff other pc's have
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 1:10am     #8
LuckyPenny
Senior Master Sweeper

I loved mine but dropped it

Its great for contesting at least it was for me.

I have fibro and arthritis. It is easy to pick up its light weight.

VENGEANCE IS MINE
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 12:34pm     #9
Brittles
Master Sweeper

My Chromebook just died on me after 4 years. Got on my smartphone and bought a new one from Best Buy which I will pickup on my way home from work.

Well I'm using the new one and it's very nice. Much larger then the old one and has longer battery life and it's faster. I think I will be very happy with this one.

Last edited by Brittles; September 13th, 2018 at 4:31pm.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 3:06pm     #10
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

I have two Chromebooks and my son has one and I would buy 100 more. They are simple, easy, fast and did I say simple? Updating it takes a matter of seconds. Virus protection is included.

I no longer use Roboform because it is a gigantic pain in the butt for me (on any computer), however, yes, it will work on a Chromebook. There is a Chrome extension for it. I use LastPass sometimes but predominately use the Google AutoFill and love it.

Seriously, buy the Chromebook!
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 11:38pm     #11
FreakDuJour
Grand Master Sweeper

I bought one a month ago and while it's a powerful little tool, it's not exactly what I thought it was. I couldn't get roboform to work properly on it and there are a few other disadvantages, like no capslock. I like it ok- but honestly I would not buy another one.

Old  September 14th, 2018, 6:14am     #12
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDuJour View Post
I bought one a month ago and while it's a powerful little tool, it's not exactly what I thought it was. I couldn't get roboform to work properly on it and there are a few other disadvantages, like no capslock. I like it ok- but honestly I would not buy another one.

Just a quick tip for you: Hit the Alt + Magnifying glass button (where the caps lock normally is) at the same time and you will see a pop-up on your toolbar at the bottom that says caps lock is on. Do the same again to turn it off.

(Also, on a side note. I see that you are in Lexington. Stay safe! I'm in SC too and getting prepared for whatever may head our way in the next couple of days.)
  Old  September 14th, 2018, 1:38pm     #13
CeliaGeorge
Junior Sweeper

Yes...
Yes, they have a "flavor" of RoboForm that is an online version - and this would be what would be needed for the Chromebook. A Chrome is an online type of computer. I only use the Chrome browser for anything!
  Old  September 14th, 2018, 3:08pm     #14
FreakDuJour
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiegirl123 View Post
Just a quick tip for you: Hit the Alt + Magnifying glass button (where the caps lock normally is) at the same time and you will see a pop-up on your toolbar at the bottom that says caps lock is on. Do the same again to turn it off.

(Also, on a side note. I see that you are in Lexington. Stay safe! I'm in SC too and getting prepared for whatever may head our way in the next couple of days.)
yes, I discovered that a few days ago- but it's just a pain- then you have to perform another action to undo it and I'm an impatient spoiled brat lol