Old  July 22nd, 2013, 9:53am     #2461
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Monday's Message

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matthew 16:15-16 KJV

He saith unto them, But who say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Matthew 16:15-16 ASV

“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:15-16 NIV

and for Supplementation:

He pressed them, “And how about you? Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter said, “You’re the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:15-16 MSG
  Old  July 23rd, 2013, 12:49pm     #2462
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Tuesday's Blessings
God Bless you all.

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 19:14 KJV

But Jesus said, Suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for to such belongeth the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 19:14 ASV

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ To Enter God’s Kingdom ] One day children were brought to Jesus in the hope that he would lay hands on them and pray over them. The disciples shooed them off. But Jesus intervened: “Let the children alone, don’t prevent them from coming to me. God’s kingdom is made up of people like these.” After laying hands on them, he left. Matthew 19:14 MSG
  Old  July 24th, 2013, 3:16pm     #2463
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Wednesday's Spoken Word

A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion. Psalm 112:5 KJV

Well is it with the man that dealeth graciously and lendeth; He shall maintain his cause in judgment. Psalm 112:5 ASV

Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice. Psalm 112:5 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Hallelujah! Blessed man, blessed woman, who fear God, Who cherish and relish his commandments, Their children robust on the earth, And the homes of the upright—how blessed! Their houses brim with wealth And a generosity that never runs dry. Sunrise breaks through the darkness for good people— God’s grace and mercy and justice! The good person is generous and lends lavishly; No shuffling or stumbling around for this one, But a sterling and solid and lasting reputation. Unfazed by rumor and gossip, Heart ready, trusting in God, Spirit firm, unperturbed, Ever blessed, relaxed among enemies, They lavish gifts on the poor— A generosity that goes on, and on, and on. An honored life! A beautiful life! Someone wicked takes one look and rages, Blusters away but ends up speechless. There’s nothing to the dreams of the wicked. Nothing. Psalm 112:5 MSG
  Old  July 25th, 2013, 12:24pm     #2464
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thursday's Spoken Word

I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments. Psalm 119:60 KJV

I made haste, and delayed not, To observe thy commandments. Psalm 119:60 ASV

I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands. Psalm 119:60 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Because you have satisfied me, God, I promise to do everything you say. I beg you from the bottom of my heart: smile, be gracious to me just as you promised. When I took a long, careful look at your ways, I got my feet back on the trail you blazed. I was up at once, didn’t drag my feet, was quick to follow your orders. The wicked hemmed me in—there was no way out— but not for a minute did I forget your plan for me. I get up in the middle of the night to thank you; your decisions are so right, so true—I can’t wait till morning! I’m a friend and companion of all who fear you, of those committed to living by your rules. Your love, God, fills the earth! Train me to live by your counsel. Psalm 119:60 MSG
  Old  July 26th, 2013, 11:59am     #2465
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Friday's Faithful Word

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 KJV

Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1 ASV

[ Faith in Action ] Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ Faith in What We Don’t See ] The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd. Hebrews 11:1 MSG
  Old  July 27th, 2013, 3:07pm     #2466
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Saturday's Sacred Words

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1 KJV

Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1 ASV

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, Hebrews 12:1 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ Discipline in a Long-Distance Race ] Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we’d better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls! Hebrews 12:1 MSG
  Old  July 29th, 2013, 1:01pm     #2467
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Monday's Message

I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me. Psalm 119:93 KJV

I will never forget thy precepts; For with them thou hast quickened me. Psalm 119:93 ASV

I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life. Psalm 119:93 NIV

and for Supplementation:

What you say goes, God, and stays, as permanent as the heavens. Your truth never goes out of fashion; it’s as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up. Your Word and truth are dependable as ever; that’s what you ordered—you set the earth going. If your revelation hadn’t delighted me so, I would have given up when the hard times came. But I’ll never forget the advice you gave me; you saved my life with those wise words. Save me! I’m all yours. I look high and low for your words of wisdom. The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me, but I’m only concerned with your plans for me. I see the limits to everything human, but the horizons can’t contain your commands! Psalm 119:93 MSG

Last edited by chestnutfall; July 30th, 2013 at 11:13am.
  Old  July 30th, 2013, 11:12am     #2468
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Tuesday's Blessings

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:14,16 KJV

Ye are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:14,16 ASV

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14,16 NIV

and for Supplementation:

“Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. “Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14,16 MSG
  Old  July 31st, 2013, 12:39pm     #2469
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Wednesday's Spoken Word

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13 KJV

But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13 ASV

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. John 1:12-13 NIV

and for Supplementation:

The Life-Light was the real thing: Every person entering Life he brings into Light. He was in the world, the world was there through him, and yet the world didn’t even notice. He came to his own people, but they didn’t want him. But whoever did want him, who believed he was who he claimed and would do what he said, He made to be their true selves, their child-of-God selves. These are the God-begotten, not blood-begotten, not flesh-begotten, not sex-begotten. John 1:12-13 MSG
  Old  August 1st, 2013, 5:35pm     #2470
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thursday's Spoken Word

Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word. Psalm 119:114 KJV

Thou art my hiding-place and my shield: I hope in thy word. Psalm 119:114 ASV

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:114 NIV

and for Supplementation:

I hate the two-faced, but I love your clear-cut revelation. You’re my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me. Get out of my life, evildoers, so I can keep my God’s commands. Take my side as you promised; I’ll live then for sure. Don’t disappoint all my grand hopes. Stick with me and I’ll be all right; I’ll give total allegiance to your definitions of life. Expose all who drift away from your sayings; their casual idolatry is lethal. You reject earth’s wicked as so much rubbish; therefore I lovingly embrace everything you say. I shiver in awe before you; your decisions leave me speechless with reverence. Psalm 119:114 MSG
  Old  August 3rd, 2013, 1:13pm     #2471
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Saturday's Sacred Words

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 KJV

But Jehovah said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have rejected him: for Jehovah seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but Jehovah looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7 ASV

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV

and for Supplementation:

But God told Samuel, “Looks aren’t everything. Don’t be impressed with his looks and stature. I’ve already eliminated him. God judges persons differently than humans do. Men and women look at the face; God looks into the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7 MSG
  Old  August 4th, 2013, 9:00pm     #2472
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Sunday's Scripture: Spoken Truth

Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it; the Lord is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:2-3 KJV

Thus saith Jehovah that doeth it, Jehovah that formeth it to establish it; Jehovah is his name: Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and will show thee great things, and difficult, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:2-3 ASV

“This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:2-3 NIV

and for Supplementation:

“This is God’s Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: ‘Call to me and I will answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.’
  Old  August 5th, 2013, 12:27pm     #2473
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Monday's Message

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalm 119:130 KJV

The opening of thy words giveth light; It giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalm 119:130 ASV

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. Psalm 119:130 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Every word you give me is a miracle word— how could I help but obey? Break open your words, let the light shine out, let ordinary people see the meaning. Mouth open and panting, I wanted your commands more than anything. Turn my way, look kindly on me, as you always do to those who personally love you. Steady my steps with your Word of promise so nothing malign gets the better of me. Rescue me from the grip of bad men and women so I can live life your way. Smile on me, your servant; teach me the right way to live. I cry rivers of tears because nobody’s living by your book! Psalm 119:130 MSG
  Old  August 6th, 2013, 6:52pm     #2474
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Tuesday's Blessings

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalm 119:160 KJV

The sum of thy word is truth; And every one of thy righteous ordinances endureth for ever. Psalm 119:160 ASV

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalm 119:160 NIV

and For Supplementation:

Take a good look at my trouble, and help me— I haven’t forgotten your revelation. Take my side and get me out of this; give me back my life, just as you promised. “Salvation” is only gibberish to the wicked because they’ve never looked it up in your dictionary. Your mercies, God, run into the billions; following your guidelines, revive me. My antagonists are too many to count, but I don’t swerve from the directions you gave. I took one look at the quitters and was filled with loathing; they walked away from your promises so casually! Take note of how I love what you tell me; out of your life of love, prolong my life. Your words all add up to the sum total: Truth. Your righteous decisions are eternal. Psalm 119:160 MSG
  Old  August 7th, 2013, 1:46pm     #2475
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Wednesday's Spoken Word

For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us. Isaiah 33:22 KJV

For Jehovah is our judge, Jehovah is our lawgiver, Jehovah is our king; he will save us. Isaiah 33:22 ASV

For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us. Isaiah 33:22 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Just take a look at Zion, will you? Centering our worship in festival feasts! Feast your eyes on Jerusalem, a quiet and permanent place to live. No more pulling up stakes and moving on, no more patched-together lean-tos. Instead, God! God majestic, God himself the place in a country of broad rivers and streams, But rivers blocked to invading ships, off-limits to predatory pirates. For God makes all the decisions here. God is our king. God runs this place and he’ll keep us safe. Isaiah 33:22 MSG