Old  May 15th, 2013, 3:19pm     #2416
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Still not up to par.

Wednesday's Spoken Word

As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all. Ecclesiastes 11:5 KJV

As thou knowest not what is the way of the wind, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child; even so thou knowest not the work of God who doeth all. Ecclesiastes 11:5 ASV

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. Ecclesiastes 11:5 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Just as you’ll never understand the mystery of life forming in a pregnant woman, So you’ll never understand the mystery at work in all that God does. Ecclesiastes 11:5 MSG
  Old  May 17th, 2013, 11:48am     #2417
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Hoping that by next week I will be all better

Friday's Faithful Words

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! Romans 11:33 KJV

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past tracing out! Romans 11:33 ASV

[ Doxology ] Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Romans 11:33 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It’s way over our heads. We’ll never figure it out. Is there anyone around who can explain God? Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do? Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice? Everything comes from him; Everything happens through him; Everything ends up in him. Always glory! Always praise! Yes. Yes. Yes. Romans 11:33 MSG
  Old  May 18th, 2013, 1:07pm     #2418
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Saturday's Sacred Words

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10 KJV

for God is not unrighteous to forget your work and the love which ye showed toward his name, in that ye ministered unto the saints, and still do minister. Hebrews 6:10 ASV

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. Hebrews 6:10 NIV

and for Supplementation:

I’m sure that won’t happen to you, friends. I have better things in mind for you—salvation things! God doesn’t miss anything. He knows perfectly well all the love you’ve shown him by helping needy Christians, and that you keep at it. And now I want each of you to extend that same intensity toward a full-bodied hope, and keep at it till the finish. Don’t drag your feet. Be like those who stay the course with committed faith and then get everything promised to them. Hebrews 6:10 MSG
  Old  May 20th, 2013, 11:00pm     #2419
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Almost Tuesday! Sorry for the tardiness of this post.
Let all keep in prayer the folks in OKC area & other areas that are experiencing such horrible weather storms. More to hit tonight. So much shock, loss and pain. So many scared people & animals. Pray that they all find some comfort.

Monday's Message

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6 KJV

Now the God of patience and of comfort grant you to be of the same mind one with another according to Christ Jesus: that with one accord ye may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6 ASV

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6 NIV

and for Supplementation:

That’s exactly what Jesus did. He didn’t make it easy for himself by avoiding people’s troubles, but waded right in and helped out. “I took on the troubles of the troubled,” is the way Scripture puts it. Even if it was written in Scripture long ago, you can be sure it’s written for us. God wants the combination of his steady, constant calling and warm, personal counsel in Scripture to come to characterize us, keeping us alert for whatever he will do next. May our dependably steady and warmly personal God develop maturity in you so that you get along with each other as well as Jesus gets along with us all. Then we’ll be a choir—not our voices only, but our very lives singing in harmony in a stunning anthem to the God and Father of our Master Jesus! Romans 15:5-6 MSG
  Old  May 22nd, 2013, 12:11pm     #2420
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

I am still under the weather.

Wednesday's Spoken Word

For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. Galatians 5:13 KJV

For ye, brethren, were called for freedom; only use not your freedom for an occasion to the flesh, but through love be servants one to another. Galatians 5:13 ASV

[ Life by the Spirit ] You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. Galatians 5:13 NIV

and for Supplementation:

It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don’t use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that’s how freedom grows. For everything we know about God’s Word is summed up in a single sentence: Love others as you love yourself. That’s an act of true freedom. If you bite and ravage each other, watch out—in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then? Galatians 5:13 MSG
  Old  May 22nd, 2013, 12:47pm     #2421
jesusfan1
Master Sweeper

Just reading of your illness & noticed how long it's been will pray for you .
  Old  May 23rd, 2013, 1:07am     #2422
JeffTheGreat
Master Sweeper

God IS Awesome!
Check out our OLS Christian Music Thread:
http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1124788

Old  May 24th, 2013, 11:09am     #2423
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Friday's Faithful Words

Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Romans 12:10 KJV

In love of the brethren be tenderly affectioned one to another; in honor preferring one another; Romans 12:10 ASV

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle. Romans 12:10 MSG
  Old  May 29th, 2013, 1:25pm     #2424
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thank you for your prayers, Jesus Fan & the others of you who have prayed for me. I have actually been ill since last fall, I was in really rough shape December until now. Had lots of biopsies & testing, thank God not cancer at least where they were checking. There were times where I felt so badly that death would have been welcomed. God is not finished with me, yet, obviously! Still some more testing & doctor visits. Have been fairly run down, physically, this month with lung infection on top of the underlying conditions. May not have internet connection for a few days. Thank you for your understanding with sporadic postings. Well be traveling with my family a bit over this next 30 days, prayers for safety, strength & general well being, appreciated. Thank you. God Bless you and your families.

Wednesday's Spoken Word

But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them. Psalm 103:17-18 KJV

But the lovingkindness of Jehovah is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, And his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, And to those that remember his precepts to do them. Psalm 103:17-18 ASV

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children— with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts. Psalm 103:17-18 NIV

and for Supplementation:

God makes everything come out right; he puts victims back on their feet. He showed Moses how he went about his work, opened up his plans to all Israel. God is sheer mercy and grace; not easily angered, he’s rich in love. He doesn’t endlessly nag and scold, nor hold grudges forever. He doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is his love to those who fear him. And as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins. As parents feel for their children, God feels for those who fear him. He knows us inside and out, keeps in mind that we’re made of mud. Men and women don’t live very long; like wildflowers they spring up and blossom, But a storm snuffs them out just as quickly, leaving nothing to show they were here. God’s love, though, is ever and always, eternally present to all who fear him, Making everything right for them and their children as they follow his Covenant ways and remember to do whatever he said. Psalm 103:17-18 MSG
  Old  May 30th, 2013, 9:31am     #2425
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thursday's Spoken Word

In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. Psalm 56:4 KJV

In God (I will praise his word), In God have I put my trust, I will not be afraid; What can flesh do unto me? Psalm 56:4 ASV

In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56:4 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ A David Psalm, When He Was Captured by the Philistines in Gath ] Take my side, God—I’m getting kicked around, stomped on every day. Not a day goes by but somebody beats me up; They make it their duty to beat me up. When I get really afraid I come to you in trust. I’m proud to praise God; fearless now, I trust in God. What can mere mortals do? Psalm 56:4 MSG
  Old  May 31st, 2013, 2:35pm     #2426
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Friday's Faithful Words

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 KJV

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first; then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 ASV

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 NIV

and for Supplementation:

And then this: We can tell you with complete confidence—we have the Master’s word on it—that when the Master comes again to get us, those of us who are still alive will not get a jump on the dead and leave them behind. In actual fact, they’ll be ahead of us. The Master himself will give the command. Archangel thunder! God’s trumpet blast! He’ll come down from heaven and the dead in Christ will rise—they’ll go first. Then the rest of us who are still alive at the time will be caught up with them into the clouds to meet the Master. Oh, we’ll be walking on air! And then there will be one huge family reunion with the Master. So reassure one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 MSG
  Old  June 5th, 2013, 5:31pm     #2427
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Wednesday's Spoken Word

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 KJV

Wherefore exhort one another, and build each other up, even as also ye do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 ASV

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV
  Old  June 6th, 2013, 9:56am     #2428
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thursday's Spoken Word

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19 KJV

that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; to the end that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be strong to apprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which passeth knowledge, that ye may be filled unto all the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19 ASV

so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19 NIV

and for Supplementation:

My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you’ll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19 MSG
  Old  June 7th, 2013, 11:25am     #2429
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Friday's Faithful Words

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. Psalm 90:2,4 KJV

Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight Are but as yesterday when it is past, And as a watch in the night. Psalm 90:2,4 ASV

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night. Psalm 90:2,4 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ A Prayer of Moses, Man of God ] God, it seems you’ve been our home forever; long before the mountains were born, Long before you brought earth itself to birth, from “once upon a time” to “kingdom come”—you are God. So don’t return us to mud, saying, “Back to where you came from!” Patience! You’ve got all the time in the world—whether a thousand years or a day, it’s all the same to you. Are we no more to you than a wispy dream, no more than a blade of grass That springs up gloriously with the rising sun and is cut down without a second thought? Your anger is far and away too much for us; we’re at the end of our rope. You keep track of all our sins; every misdeed since we were children is entered in your books. All we can remember is that frown on your face. Is that all we’re ever going to get? We live for seventy years or so (with luck we might make it to eighty), And what do we have to show for it? Trouble. Toil and trouble and a marker in the graveyard. Who can make sense of such rage, such anger against the very ones who fear you? Psalm 90:2,4 MSG
  Old  June 9th, 2013, 12:11pm     #2430
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

I like the wording and meaning in "The Message" supplementation today.

Sunday's Scripture: Spoken Truth

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14 KJV

Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby. For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it. Matthew 7:13-14 ASV

[ The Narrow and Wide Gates ] “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ Being and Doing ] “Don’t look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don’t fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires total attention. Matthew 7:13-14 MSG