Old  February 23rd, 2013, 12:01pm     #2326
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Saturday's Sacred Words

Do not those who plot evil go astray? But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness. Proverbs 14:22 NIV1984

Do they not err that devise evil? But mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good. Proverbs 14:22 ASV

Do not those who plot evil go astray? But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness. Proverbs 14:22 NIV1984

and for Supplementation:

Isn’t it obvious that conspirators lose out, while the thoughtful win love and trust? Proverbs 14:22 MSG
  Old  February 24th, 2013, 1:08pm     #2327
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Sunday's Scripture: Spoken Truth

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13 KJV

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope in your latter end. And ye shall call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13 ASV

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV1984

and for Supplementation:

This is God’s Word on the subject: “As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. “When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. “When you come looking for me, you’ll find me.“Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.” God’s Decree.“I’ll turn things around for you. I’ll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you”—God’s Decree—“bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it. Jeremiah 29:11-13 MSG
  Old  February 25th, 2013, 8:13am     #2328
fat459cat
Senior Sweeper

Surgery again
Went to the doctor friday and got bad news...I have to have more surgery again.
Man we can not get a break from bad luck for nothing. Please I am begging you all to please
say a pray for me and my family on this. We don't have the money to pay for another surgery......I am still paying on last years medical bills. But I have to have this one -- no way around it.
Dear Lord hear my plea, please show us how to pay for all these medical bills I have.
thank you for listening to me this morning.
  Old  February 25th, 2013, 11:08am     #2329
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:37-39 KJV

Monday's Message

And he said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second like unto it is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Matthew 22:37-39 ASV

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 22:37-39 NIV1984

and for Supplementation:

Jesus said, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ These two commands are pegs; everything in God’s Law and the Prophets hangs from them.” Matthew 22:37-39 MSG
  Old  February 25th, 2013, 11:18am     #2330
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat459cat View Post
Went to the doctor friday and got bad news...I have to have more surgery again.
Man we can not get a break from bad luck for nothing. Please I am begging you all to please
say a pray for me and my family on this. We don't have the money to pay for another surgery......I am still paying on last years medical bills. But I have to have this one -- no way around it.
Dear Lord hear my plea, please show us how to pay for all these medical bills I have.
thank you for listening to me this morning.
Fat459cat, thank you for trusting us with your situation. You are standing strong in your walk. Prayers are on the way.I am thankful you are able to get the medical care you need. I will pray for a fast recovery and that the hospital may write off some of the costs involved. Please find comfort in knowing that others do care.

1 Chronicles 16:11
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

Psalm 59:16
But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
  Old  February 26th, 2013, 12:05pm     #2331
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Tuesday's Blessings

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9 KJV

Herein was the love of God manifested in us, that God hath sent his only begotten Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9 ASV

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9 NIV1984

and for Supplementation:

[ God Is Love ] My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:9 MSG
  Old  February 27th, 2013, 10:50am     #2332
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Wednesday's Spoken Word

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18 KJV

My Little children, let us not love in word, neither with the tongue; but in deed and truth. 1 John 3:18 ASV

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18 NIV1984

and for Supplementation:

[ When We Practice Real Love ] My dear children, let’s not just talk about love; let’s practice real love. This is the only way we’ll know we’re living truly, living in God’s reality. It’s also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves. 1 John 3:18 MSG
  Old  February 28th, 2013, 3:57pm     #2333
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thursday's Spoken Word

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 ASV

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV

and for Supplementation:

That precious memory triggers another: your honest faith—and what a rich faith it is, handed down from your grandmother Lois to your mother Eunice, and now to you! And the special gift of ministry you received when I laid hands on you and prayed—keep that ablaze! God doesn’t want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible. 2 Timothy 1:7 MSG
  Old  March 1st, 2013, 11:16am     #2334
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Leaving shortly for the hospital - date in operating room, for a short procedure. Prayers appreciated.

Friday's Faithful Words

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Psalm 73:25-26 KJV

Whom have I in heaven but thee? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee. My flesh and my heart faileth; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. Psalm 73:25-26 ASV

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26 NIV

and for Supplementation:

You’re all I want in heaven! You’re all I want on earth! When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, God is rock-firm and faithful. Look! Those who left you are falling apart! Deserters, they’ll never be heard from again. But I’m in the very presence of God— oh, how refreshing it is! I’ve made Lord God my home. God, I’m telling the world what you do! Psalm 73:25-26 MSG
  Old  March 2nd, 2013, 12:44pm     #2335
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Saturday's Sacred Words

But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Job 23:10-11 KJV

But he knoweth the way that I take; When he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held fast to his steps; His way have I kept, and turned not aside. Job 23:10-11 ASV

But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. Job 23:10-11 NIV

and for Supplementation:

“But he knows where I am and what I’ve done. He can cross-examine me all he wants, and I’ll pass the test with honors. I’ve followed him closely, my feet in his footprints, not once swerving from his way. I’ve obeyed every word he’s spoken, and not just obeyed his advice—I’ve treasured it. Job 23:10-11 MSG
  Old  March 3rd, 2013, 11:57am     #2336
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Sunday's Scripture: Spoken Truth

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 KJV

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith Jehovah. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 ASV

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV

and for Supplementation:

“I don’t think the way you think. The way you work isn’t the way I work.” God’s Decree. “For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don’t go back until they’ve watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They’ll do the work I sent them to do, they’ll complete the assignment I gave them. Isaiah 55:8-9 MSG
  Old  March 4th, 2013, 11:23am     #2337
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Monday's Message

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9 KJV

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not affrighted, neither be thou dismayed: for Jehovah thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9 ASV

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 NIV

and for Supplementation:

After the death of Moses the servant of God, God spoke to Joshua, Moses’ assistant:“Moses my servant is dead. Get going. Cross this Jordan River, you and all the people. Cross to the country I’m giving to the People of Israel. I’m giving you every square inch of the land you set your foot on—just as I promised Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon east to the Great River, the Euphrates River—all the Hittite country—and then west to the Great Sea. It’s all yours. All your life, no one will be able to hold out against you. In the same way I was with Moses, I’ll be with you. I won’t give up on you; I won’t leave you. Strength! Courage! You are going to lead this people to inherit the land that I promised to give their ancestors. Give it everything you have, heart and soul. Make sure you carry out The Revelation that Moses commanded you, every bit of it. Don’t get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you’re going. And don’t for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you’ll get where you’re going; then you’ll succeed. Haven’t I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don’t be timid; don’t get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take.” Joshua 1:9 MSG
  Old  March 5th, 2013, 10:08am     #2338
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Tuesday's Blessings

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. Deuteronomy 6: 6-7 KJV

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be upon thy heart; and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thy house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. Deuteronomy 6: 6-7 ASV

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6: 6-7 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Write these commandments that I’ve given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates. Deuteronomy 6: 6-7 MSG
  Old  March 6th, 2013, 3:08pm     #2339
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Wednesday's Spoken Word

O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. Isaiah 25:1 KJV

O Jehovah, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things, even counsels of old, in faithfulness and truth. Isaiah 25:1 ASV

[ Praise to the Lord ] Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ God’s Hand Rests on This Mountain ] God, you are my God. I celebrate you. I praise you. You’ve done your share of miracle-wonders, well-thought-out plans, solid and sure. Here you’ve reduced the city to rubble, the strong city to a pile of stones. The enemy Big City is a non-city, never to be a city again. Superpowers will see it and honor you, brutal oppressors bow in worshipful reverence. They’ll see that you take care of the poor, that you take care of poor people in trouble, Provide a warm, dry place in bad weather, provide a cool place when it’s hot. Brutal oppressors are like a winter blizzard and vicious foreigners like high noon in the desert. But you, shelter from the storm and shade from the sun, shut the mouths of the big-mouthed bullies. Isaiah 25:1 MSG
  Old  March 7th, 2013, 11:20am     #2340
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thursday's Spoken Word

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24 KJV

Search me, O God, and know my heart: Try me, and know my thoughts; And see if there be any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24 ASV

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I’m about; See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong— then guide me on the road to eternal life. Psalm 139:23-24 MSG