Old  September 23rd, 2010, 8:20am     #16
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

Interesting...
Guess I need to get on the Tweet movement... know nothing about it.
Just getting used to facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamerkf View Post
Also good questions!

There are a variety of ways to enter a blog contest:

(1) comment in the box re: what you are asked to do ie: follow, go to site to learn smething, etc.
(2) fill out simple entry form
(3) tweet or leave facebook info

The main difference is that the draw pool is smaller and it is not regukated by any laws other then the FTC disclosure law.

Some just want email some want full address....it varies.

Old  September 23rd, 2010, 8:50pm     #17
RoseBC
Sweeper

Quote:
Best way to track that I know of is to create a google re-occuring search to send you an email when your name, email address, or screen name appears anywhere on the net!
I find that the google searches are quite unreliable!

Old  September 26th, 2010, 12:17pm     #18
madamerkf
Senior Sweeper

Yes google searches are not perfect but other then trying to keep track yourself that is the only way really. I will add that most bloggers ( myself included) who do giveaways contact the winners which is why we need email addresses in the first place. We really do want to give the item away and so do the sponsors. The easiest thing to do is nOT enter contests where you have to check back.

IMHO

Wendy

Come check out my blog! I have lots of giveaways with low entries all the time!

It's Really Only a Purple World
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 7:06pm     #19
luckysluna
Sweeper

I love doing blog giveaways but I'm still pretty new at it so maybe you can answer some of my questions. A lot of what I can get confused by is blogger stuff, I have a little blog for a few months but still get lost on what to do.

1.) A lot of mandatory or extra ask you to be a GFC follower, and sometimes I can't find that little box to join site, so I simply follow them on blogger. What is the big difference between GFC and being just a blogger follower? If I'm just a blogger follower does that still count?

2.) Another popular extra is to add their button, and I am having the hardest time figuring out how to do that. If you know a good website or link on how to do it that'd be great.

3.) What advice do you have for when your package is lost in the mail from a blog win?

4.) What is your advice on entering blog contests in which you already won from a sister/same corporation of the sponsor, for example I had no clue one t-shirt company was related to the other until a blogger mentioned it, meaning I was entering many contests I was not even eligible for. Is it different for big companies though like Wal-mart/Sam's club? How long are until you are eligible to win again from a sponsor? A good estimate would be great like a year?

5.) Do you recommend doing the daily tweets for extras because I rarely do this because I find it to be very overwhelming, but notice many people doing it endlessly.

I know I asked a lot, I hope this is helpful and not too much of a pain to answer. Thanks a lot!

"Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.-Emerson
  Old  September 28th, 2010, 7:29pm     #20
madamerkf
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysluna View Post
I love doing blog giveaways but I'm still pretty new at it so maybe you can answer some of my questions. A lot of what I can get confused by is blogger stuff, I have a little blog for a few months but still get lost on what to do.

1.) A lot of mandatory or extra ask you to be a GFC follower, and sometimes I can't find that little box to join site, so I simply follow them on blogger. What is the big difference between GFC and being just a blogger follower? If I'm just a blogger follower does that still count?

Yes i think it does make a difference. If I am going to check to see if you did indeed follow me I am only going to check my GFC feed. If the box is not working email the blog owner or leave that in a comment so they can be aware of it

2.) Another popular extra is to add their button, and I am having the hardest time figuring out how to do that. If you know a good website or link on how to do it that'd be great.

You can only add the button if you yourself have a blog. It is normally a small piece of code that you copy and paste into the side of your own blog using an HTML gadget. Again, if you are having a problem alert the blog owner so that they can help you

3.) What advice do you have for when your package is lost in the mail from a blog win?

If a package is lost in the mail, it is usually the fault of either the sponsor or the PR company handling fufilment. Most bloggers dont send out the prizes themselves. You can ask the blogger in a private email to assist you and most are happy to do so. I recently was able to get another package sent to the winner myself

4.) What is your advice on entering blog contests in which you already won from a sister/same corporation of the sponsor, for example I had no clue one t-shirt company was related to the other until a blogger mentioned it, meaning I was entering many contests I was not even eligible for. Is it different for big companies though like Wal-mart/Sam's club? How long are until you are eligible to win again from a sponsor? A good estimate would be great like a year?

Unless it specifically states on the blog post you can win multiple times from the same sponsor and even the same blog. Some companies however specifically state you can only win so often or so many times so watch for that. Also sometimes multiple blogs will host the same contest and sometimes you can win from only one of the participating blogs.

5.) Do you recommend doing the daily tweets for extras because I rarely do this because I find it to be very overwhelming, but notice many people doing it endlessly.
The daily tweet is by far the easiest way to rack up extra entries. If you want to increase your overall odds, that is the way to do it. Just make sure you go back to the blog to let them know it in a comment.

I know I asked a lot, I hope this is helpful and not too much of a pain to answer. Thanks a lot!

Wendy

Old  October 1st, 2010, 8:47am     #21
luckysluna
Sweeper

Thanks for answering my questions! Good luck at your speaking engagement! I think you'll do great!

"Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.-Emerson
  Old  October 3rd, 2010, 12:19pm     #22
madamerkf
Senior Sweeper

Thanks! I hope the answers helped! Keep em coming!

Wendy

Old  October 14th, 2010, 1:01am     #23
madamerkf
Senior Sweeper

Remember to bring your questions to my Sunday Morning talk!

Wendy

Old  October 18th, 2010, 12:05am     #24
madamerkf
Senior Sweeper

Soooooo...I would love some feedback for those of you that were still there. Both positive and negative feedback is welcome!

Wendy

Old  October 19th, 2010, 11:07am     #25
obxhatteraslight
Senior Master Sweeper

I was one of those
Quote:
Soooooo...I would love some feedback for those of you that were still there. Both positive and negative feedback is welcome!
who scooted out early and am so sorry that I missed your segment.

Old  October 20th, 2010, 10:13pm     #26
RoseBC
Sweeper

Smile
Hi Wendy,

Enjoyed your presentation very much. Made me want to try blogging sites. I finally had a chance to go to your blog and try to follow the directions for the Alight give away. I hope I did it right!

I still find it confusing to go to blog sites, so hopefully I will get used to them and understand how to enter their sweeps as I get more experienced!

mollyrbc aka rosebc
  Old  October 20th, 2010, 10:39pm     #27
madamerkf
Senior Sweeper

thanks for the feedback! If you tell me what name you used I will check for you to make sure you did it right. If you have any questions, just ask!

Wendy

Wendy

Old  October 21st, 2010, 11:03am     #28
RoseBC
Sweeper

Talking
I sign in as two similar names: rosebc (on OLS and Facebook) and mollyrbc (email, twitter)
  Old  October 22nd, 2010, 9:42pm     #29
madamerkf
Senior Sweeper

looks good so far to me

Wendy