Old  March 7th, 2010, 10:01pm     #46
saphyress
Master Sweeper

Thank you so much, we know we need to keep a close eye on things, I didn't know there were such things as familial pancreatic cancer registry, I'll look into it

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
  Old  March 10th, 2010, 7:32pm     #47
Marilena
Master Sweeper

my FIl passed away this afternoon...it was hard to go threw again...watching a loved way crossover...he did at home hospice...it was almost 12 hours of what seemed would not happen, the end of his suffering....but he took his journey and is no longer with us...its so sad...we have not told the kids yet...waiting on DH to come home (he waited with his brother and sister for the funeral home)... seeing DH cry was the hardest part... RIP Rafael...beloved father, grandfather, brother, son, and friend... God has you now where you are safe in his hands...

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1...enasig29tj.jpg
  Old  March 12th, 2010, 2:21pm     #48
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
my FIl passed away this afternoon...it was hard to go threw again...watching a loved way crossover...he did at home hospice...it was almost 12 hours of what seemed would not happen, the end of his suffering....but he took his journey and is no longer with us...its so sad...we have not told the kids yet...waiting on DH to come home (he waited with his brother and sister for the funeral home)... seeing DH cry was the hardest part... RIP Rafael...beloved father, grandfather, brother, son, and friend... God has you now where you are safe in his hands...
I'm so sorry.

Please like my photo to help me win a complete bathroom makeover! http://sdqk.me/xyDh7NFI/Ba2XyX1B
  Old  March 12th, 2010, 2:50pm     #49
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

My Grandpa is at the James again today. If the Cancer is into his lungs I'm not sure what they'll do. His throat has been bleeding more. I really think he'll back out of treatment/surgery. I can't blame him though, I'm scared to death for him, I can't imagine having to make that decision.

I can hear him talk, his real voice, if I thinhk about it. Now he sounds gruff like he's got a bad cold. Why can't it just be a bad cold?

I can't even talk to anyone about it becasue I can't keep from crying. I'm so mad at myself for that, I shouldn't be so weak.

My Dad looks terrible. I feel so bad for him. I'm so worried that if something does happen I'll lose him and I can't lose him. I shouldn't even think about it but he won't take care of himself, he's too worried about Pap and everyone else.

The only good that's come from this is my little sister stopped smoking.

I'd really appreciate any good thoughts you good send our way. I know I have to get strong for my Dad. I pray I can find that strength soon.

I feel a little crazy but I don't want to say anything to any of them. I don't want to seem selfish I;m just having a really hard time handling all this right now. I feel so bad I can't even go see Grandpa, I can't even think about him wihtout breaking down and I can't do that in front of him.

Please like my photo to help me win a complete bathroom makeover! http://sdqk.me/xyDh7NFI/Ba2XyX1B
  Old  March 12th, 2010, 2:53pm     #50
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Marilena, I am sorry for your loss. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  March 12th, 2010, 3:10pm     #51
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeenyMomma View Post
My Grandpa is at the James again today. If the Cancer is into his lungs I'm not sure what they'll do. His throat has been bleeding more. I really think he'll back out of treatment/surgery. I can't blame him though, I'm scared to death for him, I can't imagine having to make that decision.

I can hear him talk, his real voice, if I thinhk about it. Now he sounds gruff like he's got a bad cold. Why can't it just be a bad cold?

I can't even talk to anyone about it becasue I can't keep from crying. I'm so mad at myself for that, I shouldn't be so weak.

My Dad looks terrible. I feel so bad for him. I'm so worried that if something does happen I'll lose him and I can't lose him. I shouldn't even think about it but he won't take care of himself, he's too worried about Pap and everyone else.

I'd really appreciate any good thoughts you good send our way. I know I have to get strong for my Dad. I pray I can find that strength soon.

I feel a little crazy but I don't want to say anything to any of them. I don't want to seem selfish I;m just having a really hard time handling all this right now. I feel so bad I can't even go see Grandpa, I can't even think about him wihtout breaking down and I can't do that in front of him.
I'm keeping him and all of you in my thoughts and sending and positive energy.

Trust me when I say, you will find the strength and you aren't weak. You will find strength that you didn't know you had.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  March 12th, 2010, 3:22pm     #52
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
I am so sorry for your loss

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
  Old  March 12th, 2010, 3:23pm     #53
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeenyMomma View Post

Saying prayers for you & your family...for strength & healing. You're not weak. You will find the strength you need.

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
  Old  March 12th, 2010, 3:40pm     #54
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

Thank you, everyone. I just wish he wouldn't hurt. I'm in no hurry ot lose him but hate that he hurts.

Old  March 12th, 2010, 7:14pm     #55
saphyress
Master Sweeper

Marilena, big hugs your way!!!

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
  Old  March 12th, 2010, 7:24pm     #56
saphyress
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeenyMomma

I'm glad you sister stopped smoking!

I think we all understand the frustration and feeling overwhelmed, not being able to be there for everyone. Just remember to take some time for yourself - hugs

Old  March 12th, 2010, 9:04pm     #57
MShopper63
Grand Master Sweeper

Arkansas - UAMS - housing questions
Hi Everyone,

I am not asking for a hand out here, I am just asking if anyone lives in Little Rock, Arkansas and knows of furnished apartment complexs near UAMS. My sister has a dear friend whose husband is suffering from a rare form of melanoma. He has had a rough 6 months due to complications from the chemo and other issues , like infections, etc.

Anyway, they received a call this week he was approved to go to UAMS in Arkansas for 2 months of outpatient bone marrow therapy. Just like other patients they have pretty much depleted their saving due to loss of work and medical cost.

I am trying to find a resonable priced furnished camper, mobile home, apartment, etc. for April 18th to the end of may. I am going to try and rally some friends together and help this family out.

I know OLS has thousands of members of I figured this would be the best place to start.

I will keep each of you in my prayers.
JoAnn
  Old  March 13th, 2010, 7:02pm     #58
kahalaave
Senior Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShopper63 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am not asking for a hand out here, I am just asking if anyone lives in Little Rock, Arkansas and knows of furnished apartment complexs near UAMS. My sister has a dear friend whose husband is suffering from a rare form of melanoma. He has had a rough 6 months due to complications from the chemo and other issues , like infections, etc.

Anyway, they received a call this week he was approved to go to UAMS in Arkansas for 2 months of outpatient bone marrow therapy. Just like other patients they have pretty much depleted their saving due to loss of work and medical cost.

I am trying to find a resonable priced furnished camper, mobile home, apartment, etc. for April 18th to the end of may. I am going to try and rally some friends together and help this family out.

I know OLS has thousands of members of I figured this would be the best place to start.

I will keep each of you in my prayers.
JoAnn
maybe post an ad on craigslist for short-term housing
  Old  March 15th, 2010, 6:43am     #59
Marilena
Master Sweeper

TY everyone... my DH had a dream of my BIL and FIL together...they were saying something to him...he is not sure what but I believe they are together, safe, and free from pain and they came to tell him that...ok the tears started again...getting ready for funeral is never a something anyone wants to do...so sending my DH his my other BIL ad SIL some prayers to be strong...

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1...enasig29tj.jpg
  Old  March 16th, 2010, 6:08am     #60
WeenyMomma
Master Sweeper

Right now my Grandpa is in surgery, having a tracheostomy. From what I understand he'll have 3 weeks to decide whether to have the surgery to take it all out or do the chemo only and see what it does. Without the trach, his airway would be blocked completely in about a week we were told.

I wish I had something to where I could hear him talk or belt out a laugh, maybe sing a little in with his pretty Kentucky twang.

I appreciate you all letting me type a little of what I'm thinking here. I can't talk about it out loud.