Old  January 25th, 2010, 7:49pm     #16
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorf View Post
We found out last Thursday my husband has colon cancer. It was a big shock to both us and his doctors as hubby just turned 33. We meet with the surgeon tomorrow and will know if it has spread once they do the surgery. I hope you will pray for us as we could use all the prayers we could get right now.
Sending prayers up right now.

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
  Old  January 26th, 2010, 1:19am     #17
ksmith47
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
We found out last Thursday my husband has colon cancer. It was a big shock to both us and his doctors as hubby just turned 33. We meet with the surgeon tomorrow and will know if it has spread once they do the surgery. I hope you will pray for us as we could use all the prayers we could get right now.
  Old  February 7th, 2010, 4:33pm     #18
MNPatty
Senior Sweeper

sally?
am hoping you see this- I lost the bookmark for Bills blog and can't remember exactly how your handle is spelled. If you could, please repost his blog link.

Thanks, Patty
  Old  February 9th, 2010, 6:42pm     #19
Jorf
Sweeper

Well my husband had his surgery last wed. They removed 60% of the colon, the gallbladder, appendix and all the lymph nodes in the area. He is at Stage 4 and it has spread to the abdominal wall. Surgery went well but the bowel developed a leak over the weekend. He is in ICU in a drug-induced coma. They will flush the infection out of the abdomen every 2 days for 3 or 4 times. Please pray for a quick recovery of this infection. Once it clears and he gets home we will start chemo in 4-6 weeks. Thanks.

Lesly Orf

Old  February 9th, 2010, 7:36pm     #20
Beth
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Well my husband had his surgery last wed. They removed 60% of the colon, the gallbladder, appendix and all the lymph nodes in the area. He is at Stage 4 and it has spread to the abdominal wall. Surgery went well but the bowel developed a leak over the weekend. He is in ICU in a drug-induced coma. They will flush the infection out of the abdomen every 2 days for 3 or 4 times. Please pray for a quick recovery of this infection. Once it clears and he gets home we will start chemo in 4-6 weeks. Thanks.

Lesly Orf
You've got prayers from me - Best wishes to you as well, this has to be a difficult path you are on right now...
  Old  February 9th, 2010, 7:59pm     #21
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:

Lesly Orf
Keeping your husband and you in my thoughts and prayers.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  February 10th, 2010, 1:39am     #22
ksmith47
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:

Lesly Orf
  Old  February 14th, 2010, 3:34pm     #23
saphyress
Master Sweeper

My mom just got told she has Stage III Ovarian cancer, it's spread through the abdomen, glands, involving the pancreas and intestines. We meet with a surgeon that specializes in removing that type of cancer and hopefully will get some idea of a time frame. Thank goodness my sister and I live within ten minutes and she has a live in boyfriend that is very helpful, if stressed. No one is really giving us an idea of possible life expectancy at this point, which doesn't sound good.

What doesn't help is my dad died of pancreatic cancer 16 years ago at 50 yrs old. Almost same thing, they opened him up, said we can't do anything and he went through chemo etc and made it six months.

My thoughts go out to everyone here, it's amazing the things they can do nowadays and they are making new discoveries every day. We are just taking one day at a time and trying to count our blessings.

CORRECTION: Now they are saying Stage IV Pancreatic cancer, and chemo is the only thing that will give some relief. Words can't even express...

Last edited by saphyress; March 5th, 2010 at 9:53pm.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
  Old  February 14th, 2010, 4:28pm     #24
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:

Lesly Orf
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphyress View Post
My mom just got told she has Stage III Ovarian cancer, it's spread through the abdomen, glands, involving the pancreas and intestines. We meet with a surgeon that specializes in removing that type of cancer and hopefully will get some idea of a time frame. Thank goodness my sister and I live within ten minutes and she has a live in boyfriend that is very helpful, if stressed. No one is really giving us an idea of possible life expectancy at this point, which doesn't sound good.

Old  February 14th, 2010, 6:34pm     #25
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:

Lesly Orf
Hoping he healed quickly!

“Human beings, like plants, grow in the soil of acceptance, not in the atmosphere of rejection” - John Powell
  Old  February 14th, 2010, 6:34pm     #26
Lvrofbooks
Master Sweeper

Quote:

What doesn't help is my dad died of pancreatic cancer 16 years ago at 50 yrs old. Almost same thing, they opened him up, said we can't do anything and he went through chemo etc and made it six months.

My thoughts go out to everyone here, it's amazing the things they can do nowadays and they are making new discoveries every day. We are just taking one day at a time and trying to count our blessings.

Old  February 14th, 2010, 9:55pm     #27
ksmith47
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:

Old  February 16th, 2010, 6:15pm     #28
saphyress
Master Sweeper

Hugs right back to everyone!!!

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -- George Carlin
  Old  February 16th, 2010, 9:29pm     #29
Jorf
Sweeper

Thought I would let you know yesterday was hubby's 6th surgery in 12 days. It went very well. They took him off the paralytic drug and will slowly be weening him off of sedation and the ventilator. I can't wait to get him home and healed so we can start the chemo. We have a long tough road ahead but I miss him dearly. He has been in a coma for 9 days now.

Old  February 16th, 2010, 9:35pm     #30
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Hope he is able to get home soon. Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.