Old  January 28th, 2016, 6:38pm     #16
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

finally some good news,i got a call from the temp place yesterday about a job that started today,i just got home,it is soldering small wires onto another piece,the good news is it is a sit down job and is about 7 minutes away,the bas news is it only pays 9 an hour,so it is back to living paycheck to paycheck but at least it is something and i can keep looking for something that pays better.
man though it was sure nice making 13 an hour for 3 months.
and my food stamp application was appoved so i got some for janurary and feburary so that will be a big help right now.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  January 28th, 2016, 6:40pm     #17
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

hope they keep you around

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoGirl View Post
The Non-profit I have been working for PT from home is now broke! If they can hold on until Summer they should be okay, but I am not sure how much the owners are willing to give up of their own $ to keep us paid. I will just keep plugging away and also try and find another PT gig. Plus I am the Ops Coordinator and if they don't pay me, then the one owner will have to do all my work plus hers. And she ain't a Spring Chicken, so I think they will step up and keep my pay coming.

All the High Alert Terror warnings caused us to lose 3 groups for Spring, so that is where the money went kapoof! These were for groups coming into the Los Angeles area and nothing has happened (thank God,) but it really hurt us.

Old  April 26th, 2016, 12:56am     #18
kj39
Master Sweeper

My entire department was advised we have no job as of 30 June. I have worked there for 17 years - starting as a pt rep.......
  Old  July 10th, 2016, 7:17pm     #19
fat459cat
Senior Sweeper

My husband needs a job
Asking everyone to please say a prayer for my husband and family. He lost his job last month.
Went to work one day and by that afternoon the whole dept. was laid off. He has been there
for 20 years and now nothing. Please we are at the end of the rope. We have no money and he has no work. Please ask God to help send a miracle our way soon. Thank you.
  Old  July 10th, 2016, 7:27pm     #20
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

Is he eligible for unemployment?
Hope a job comes along for him soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat459cat View Post
Asking everyone to please say a prayer for my husband and family. He lost his job last month.
Went to work one day and by that afternoon the whole dept. was laid off. He has been there
for 20 years and now nothing. Please we are at the end of the rope. We have no money and he has no work. Please ask God to help send a miracle our way soon. Thank you.

Old  July 16th, 2016, 10:33pm     #21
fat459cat
Senior Sweeper

No he is not able to get unemployment. We need your prayers real bad. Money is gone and
we have a lot of debt to pay. I know God will step in for us at the right time. But I am sure
losing sleep over this and my husband is too. Anything God please send work to us soon.
Thank you for praying for us.
  Old  August 16th, 2016, 4:48pm     #22
sweepmama
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat459cat View Post
No he is not able to get unemployment. We need your prayers real bad. Money is gone and
we have a lot of debt to pay. I know God will step in for us at the right time. But I am sure
losing sleep over this and my husband is too. Anything God please send work to us soon.
Thank you for praying for us.
I'm praying for you as I am in the same boat, had to quit before the job killed me. I do mystery shops on the side and Thank God, I have some up coming shops and shops that I have yet to be paid for. Maybe you both can try that for some extra cash.

Old  November 16th, 2016, 9:19pm     #23
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

I saw an ad that UPS is hiring seasonal employees to help with packing, help the drivers etc. Just in case anyone is looking for temp work.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/15/news...obs/index.html

https://www.jobs-ups.com/location

LipSense & SeneGence beauty Holiday Sale 10% off with free shipping. PM for details.
Buzz's Trade List