Old  October 13th, 2009, 1:55pm     #1
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

2010 Northeast Mini/Hershey Convention
2010 Northeast Mini - aka Hershey October 15-17, 2010

With the Maryland Banquet selling out in only 11 days, it left a lot of sweepers without a spot to attend.
I've corresponded with Dana Noga and advised her that since she don't have the room to expand that I would, with your support/help once on site, hold our regular Northeast/Hershey mini in 2010.

I have been discussing it with family and those of you like me going through Hershey withdrawal and have gotten overwhelming responses of offering assistance with the implementation if I were to change my mind. I think its time I get back in the seat and get this thing going again!!!! Steve has already agreed to DJ and do the electronics for the event. Whew...huge hurdle already overcome!!

I have been in contact with the hotel where we have been holding it and they had our file right at hand, coincidently having a meeting this afternoon of all of the contacts I've used in the past including the VP, who has contacted me personally.

Sorry for all the confusion, but also glad that I can turn some of the unhappy faces into happy ones.

I set up a 2010 Northeast Mini email address so that it would be easy to remember:
2010NEMSC@comcast.net Please use this address going forward for Convention correspondence.

Thanks,
Carol McLaughlin

The 2010 will again be sponsored by Carol McLaughlin of This N' That Sweepstakes Stuff Newsletter and ANN-tics by Carol Sweepstakes Supply as in the past for another Customer Appreciation Weekend.

Last edited by CARAN52; November 2nd, 2009 at 10:45pm. Reason: useless confusing info taken out
  Old  November 1st, 2009, 9:41am     #2
mbcrowley
Junior Sweeper

I will be there! I am already looking for Hershey items!! I thin I will go a day early this year and spend some time at chocolat world!!!
  Old  November 2nd, 2009, 11:09am     #3
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Hotel Rooms
I just got a call from the Holiday Inn. They forgot to tell me that they cannot start taking reservations for rooms until after November 15, 2009. I heard they were getting a lot of calls already attempting to book a room for the mini (that is great news to me, but caught them offguard). Their system can't handle the rooms for bookings that far in advance yet.

So get ready and go for it on the 15th!!!

Stay in touch!!

Keep an eye on the website as we are a work in progress in starting to get the information loaded in for you all as quickly as possible. (yes, you will see by the update times on the pages I pulled another overnighter to get the job done.

I'm sure KB will be eager to get our customary roll call as we start registering of all the OLS people coming. The roll call helps us to determine how many banquet seats we need just for all the OLSers that come every year.

Did I hear Brent and Nicole say they are coming this year?? Brent??? Brent??? It's party time.....
  Old  November 2nd, 2009, 10:53pm     #4
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

2010 nemsc
The website for the mini is http://home.comcast.net/~2010NEMSC

Hope you can make it!!!
  Old  November 4th, 2009, 1:50pm     #5
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

As long as I can get those dates off from work, Hubby and I will be there!
  Old  November 6th, 2009, 8:49am     #6
gracepap
Grand Master Sweeper

Yeah!
Adriana...you had BETTER get those days off! LOL

I plan to attend and can't wait to see everybody again!!!!! And maybe win the 50/50 again!

"It's nice to be important...but it's more important to be nice"
  Old  November 6th, 2009, 9:19am     #7
tmy56
Master Sweeper

This is great news, Carol!

Old  November 8th, 2009, 8:03pm     #8
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Thanks
Glad I was to do it again!! Lots of fun for us all !!!
  Old  November 13th, 2009, 2:02pm     #9
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Registration open
I have gotten several registration checks already. Just wanted to let you know not to panic by not seeing them deposited right away. You beat me to the checking account getting opened, which we are in the process of right now. Some administrative paperwork still needs to be completed before we do it, which should be sometime next week.

Remember per the hotel they will be able to start taking hotel reservations as of the 15th of November. From the emails I've been getting I expect them to go rather quickly.

Carol
  Old  November 23rd, 2009, 1:08am     #10
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

hello
  Old  November 23rd, 2009, 10:35am     #11
gracepap
Grand Master Sweeper

I will have to wait until after the New Year's to send a check.....

"It's nice to be important...but it's more important to be nice"
  Old  November 29th, 2009, 2:46am     #12
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Update
I know a lot of you need to wait until after the holiday season is over and don't see a problem with it at all. If I see a trend that would alter that line of thinking I will definately post something here. Right now our main objective is to get Bob Mennell and his crew going with national. I don't normally get the Hershey stuff out and going in full swing until after the first of the year in the past. To help out I've been posting the amount of people actually signed up already plus the amount of people who requested Registration forms on a weekly basis. This not only helps you see where we are at, but it helps us with the planning.
So glad to see that a lot of my old OLS friends are coming back and can't wait to meet some of you first timers.

Old  February 25th, 2010, 10:51am     #13
gracegreen
Junior Sweeper

There are a lot of different methods to improve your luck, but do they really work? I can't tell you for sure. But one thing that I do think about luck is that the luckier you feel, the luckier you tend to be.
  Old  February 25th, 2010, 4:04pm     #14
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

We all feel the same way, which is why we have the mini convention. The atmosphere there that weekend with 200 people feeling the same way is just electric!!