Old  March 14th, 2018, 12:05pm     #1
JeffTheGreat
Master Sweeper

Looking for an economical smart phone
I have never had a smart phone. Just want some thing cheap and simple. I don't expect to use it much. I am considering the LG 5.5 for 79.95 at the link below. Comes with 1 year, 1500 minutes. Is this an ok decent phone?

https://www.hsn.com/products/lg-55-1...uteste/8672283

Old  March 14th, 2018, 12:24pm     #2
Rookiesmom
Senior Master Sweeper

Consider the Samsung J-3 emerge.

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God.
  Old  March 14th, 2018, 1:02pm     #3
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

The only thing I don't like is it states you get a car charger but not on a/c charger. I do most of my charging in the house.. something to consider.

I'm thinking this may be more useful to me to shop at HSN rather than continuing to purchase air time through Tracfone and an occasional new phone through them. I really don't use up all the minutes I keep accumulating.

Any other places to shop that have deals like HSN?

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  March 14th, 2018, 1:57pm     #4
JeffTheGreat
Master Sweeper

Does any one know if I can keep the same phone number I have on my Samsung/ AT&T flip phone?

Old  March 15th, 2018, 8:38pm     #5
Qncterra
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTheGreat View Post
Does any one know if I can keep the same phone number I have on my Samsung/ AT&T flip phone?

I have been using Tracfone for a few years now, but I bought an unlocked phone and a $1 TracFone Sim Kit. Most companies today honor number portability. I believe that you can either call them or chat online at their website to ask if you can transfer an existing number from another company. With TracFone, regardless of the type of phone , you will want to be careful and check with them on their service in your part of the country where you usually use it. Otherwise, you may be disappointed with the signal strength or dropped calls.

Also, I don't know about the LG or the processor system it is using, but 16GB internal memory and an 13MP camera or both upgrades from the basic smartphone which would have about 8GB memory and a camera between 2MP-5MP. At $79, you are basically getting the phone free if you are getting 1500 minutes with a year to use them. In other words, you can take that offer, and later buy an unlocked phone of your choice if you don't like the LG. (One other tip, if you are not going to be using a lot of minutes, then choose the pay-as-you- go plan instead of a monthly smartphone plan where they automatically add minutes and time each month.)