Old  February 1st, 2005, 11:05am     #61
ignoramoose
Master Sweeper
Baby Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwins
is it possible to reduce the size of the lilypie tickers?

edited to add: is it compliant now that it has a clear background?

The width is still 400 pixels (350 is the max allowed), so it is still not acceptable.

I'm not sure how to fix the tickers, but I know lots of folks are going to be wanting theirs shortened so hopefully someone can come up with a way!
  Old  February 1st, 2005, 12:28pm     #62
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Just making sure everyone reads the guidelines and new deletion notice!
  Old  February 1st, 2005, 12:35pm     #63
mechurchlady
Gone Camping

Location: I am an OLS Citizen from Norwalk, California where there are lots of nuts.
I wrote ticker central and they said they can make a smaller one if there was lots of demand. Also they said I could use html code to make it smaller.

I want to thank the Siggy Police. I cannot find my copy of the original siggy I had. I do not know where the link to the Mia thing is.

Thank you for just ripping out the ticker. I use .. in white to make even space and you took that out almost completely too. I fixed part and will fix the rest later. Now to find something to replace the ticker. Any one got a picture of a plumber? It was very nice that you did not destroy all of the siggy.
Thanks and I really mean that.
  Old  February 1st, 2005, 12:41pm     #64
ignoramoose
Master Sweeper
Baby Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechurchlady

I want to thank the Siggy Police. I cannot find my copy of the original siggy I had. I do not know where the link to the Mia thing is.

Thank you for just ripping out the ticker. I use .. in white to make even space and you took that out almost completely too. I fixed part and will fix the rest later. Now to find something to replace the ticker. Any one got a picture of a plumber? It was very nice that you did not destroy all of the siggy.
Thanks and I really mean that.
You are very very welcome! Thank you for reading the rules and understanding that people that have been warned numerous times in the past will just have their signatures deleted with no warning. We always love when people read the rules and abide by them.
  Old  February 2nd, 2005, 10:06am     #65
Nickyle
Grand Master Sweeper

For everyone that is wanting a ticker in their signature Ticker Central has a NEWSFLASH that includes Tiny TC where you can make tiny tickers from what I understand, I am not a member of Ticker Central, nor do I want to be, but I thought I would throw this out there incase someone else wants to try it. If it works for you please post so others can use it as well so we don't have to have moderators working overtime pulling signatures.

don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey
  Old  February 2nd, 2005, 11:22am     #66
ignoramoose
Master Sweeper
Baby Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyle
For everyone that is wanting a ticker in their signature Ticker Central has a NEWSFLASH that includes Tiny TC where you can make tiny tickers from what I understand, I am not a member of Ticker Central, nor do I want to be, but I thought I would throw this out there incase someone else wants to try it. If it works for you please post so others can use it as well so we don't have to have moderators working overtime pulling signatures.
Thank you for posting this! I am excited to see if they will work, so I hope some folks will try it out.
  Old  February 2nd, 2005, 12:00pm     #67
Styflan
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignoramoose
Quote:
Thank you for posting this! I am excited to see if they will work, so I hope some folks will try it out.
Hi guys. To satisfy curious minds (mine too), I just tried this suggestion (tinytc) & have found that ONLY the actual code or URL is shortened, not the size of the ticker itself. It works just like tinyurl or snipurl.

I did a Xmas ticker as a test. Here's the original url
[*url=http://www.tickercentral.com][img]*http://www.tickercentral.com/view/kx0/6.png[/img][/url]
Tinytc just shortened it to:
*http://tinytc.com/sk

The code that is shortened is the actual # of characters or letters that you would put in your siggy, but the pic will still be the same size so it still doesn't fit in OLS's standards. (please see any exceptions in the above posts). Hopefully if Tickercentral, Lilypie, etc. gets enough email from members they will consider making the size of the tickers smaller too.

Old  February 2nd, 2005, 12:01pm     #68
ignoramoose
Master Sweeper
Baby Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styflan
Hi guys. To satisfy curious minds (mine too), I just tried this suggestion (tinytc) & have found that ONLY the actual code or URL is shortened, not the size of the ticker itself. It works just like tinyurl or snipurl.

I did a Xmas ticker as a test. Here's the original url
[*url=http://www.tickercentral.com][img]*http://www.tickercentral.com/view/kx0/6.png[/img][/url]
Tinytc just shortened it to:
*http://tinytc.com/sk

The code that is shortened is the actual # of characters or letters that you would put in your siggy, but the pic will still be the same size so it still doesn't fit in OLS's standards. (please see any exceptions in the above posts). Hopefully if Tickercentral, Lilypie, etc. gets enough email from members they will consider making the size of the tickers smaller too.
Thank you for letting us know!
  Old  February 2nd, 2005, 12:38pm     #69
mechurchlady
Gone Camping

Location: I am an OLS Citizen from Norwalk, California where there are lots of nuts.
I am going to have lots of ticker in my siggy.
Check out my siggy to see how I got me room for lots of tickers.
I can have them for every month if the tickers sites let me.
  Old  February 2nd, 2005, 1:04pm     #70
Nickyle
Grand Master Sweeper

Styflan, Thank you so much for checking that out. Sorry it didn't work.

Mechurchlady, overkill?
  Old  February 2nd, 2005, 1:20pm     #71
mechurchlady
Gone Camping

Overkill would be when I have 50 tickers. When one is find something great then one can get carried away with joy. And for the first time in a week I got the joy joy joy down in my heart today.

All you have to do is create a link in your siggy to an OLS page that you currently have such as My Wins and My Referrals. You can make a new thread. What ever.

Place your tickers on that page. Then people can see your ticker and you can have a jumbo sized ticker if you like.
  Old  February 2nd, 2005, 7:52pm     #72
Styflan
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Styflan, Thank you so much for checking that out. Sorry it didn't work.

Mechurchlady, overkill?
No problem, you guys are welcome. I tried helping a member out a couple of months ago with the siggy tickers & found there is NO way to reduce the size on our side. Using html is not an option here because that feature is (understandably) turned off here at OLS. I also tried doing a web search for a site that makes smaller tickers but found ony 1 $%@$ site on the whole internet & we couldn't get it to work here. Haven't searched lately so maybe things have changed. I'm guessing no. Something will turn up hopefully.

I don't know who suggested above, Moosie or Vicky that maybe people who want tickers can only have that & nothing else (ie: no text). That would make members happy, but don't flame me because I don't want a ticker. 'Am not preggie, no BDay's will be shown, no anniversaries for me. How depressing.

P.S. Churchy, I dare you

Old  February 2nd, 2005, 7:56pm     #73
Styflan
Senior Master Sweeper

Actually, Churchy I take that dare back. Don't want any trouble

I don't think putting a big ticker on your wins page will do either because that is still exceeding the size limits & using up OLS's bandwith. Not to mention those on dial up with slow access.

Old  February 5th, 2005, 12:02am     #74
MISZTEE
Senior Sweeper

Help with copying links
How do you all post the seepstakes information when you post a win. I am assuming it is similar to the way you post your link (on you signature) for a My Win thread, or is it even a thread at all. I am lost. Can anyone help me?

My Wins
Want to get slim for the Summer the painless way....

http://www.lifeburstworldwide.com/mistyrwohltman
  Old  February 5th, 2005, 12:04am     #75
MISZTEE
Senior Sweeper

By the way, if you look at my signature, that is my version of trying to post a My 2005 wins link that obviously failed!

My Wins
Want to get slim for the Summer the painless way....

http://www.lifeburstworldwide.com/mistyrwohltman