Old  January 25th, 2005, 2:49am     #31
Vicky
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member
Senior Moderator/Editor
Freewheelin'

Smile
I think the link is ok but I fixed your signature because it was too big. It just took some rearranging to get it right.

Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent. Billy Graham
  Old  January 25th, 2005, 3:37am     #32
tammiations
Master Sweeper

Thumbs up
Thank You All For The Help Here!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/T-shirts.gif
Tammi Jo
  Old  January 26th, 2005, 8:08pm     #33
Nickyle
Grand Master Sweeper

How do you change the "bytes" in a signature? I have a signature that is 167x80, I know it is okay in the height/width but it is has 36,??? bytes. How do I fix this or does it matter since I have the h/w correct???? Someone??

don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey
  Old  January 26th, 2005, 8:33pm     #34
greensthings
Gone Camping

Location: in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest (wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyle
How do you change the "bytes" in a signature? I have a signature that is 167x80, I know it is okay in the height/width but it is has 36,??? bytes. How do I fix this or does it matter since I have the h/w correct???? Someone??
a little explanation about bytes, Kilobytes and Gigabytes first...
1000 bytes = 1K (Kilobyte)
1Meg = 1 million bytes
a "Gigabyte" or 1,000 Megs, or 1,000,000 K, or 1,000,000,000 bytes. (that's a billion bytes)

Now Rules say "file size must be 12k or less" that is 12,000 bytes....
So if your file is larger than that, you have a couple choices, reduce the size (height/width) and it reduces the amount of bytes, if it is an animation, try to take out a frame or two, and that will reduce the byte size,...do a combination of reducing height and width as well as take out a frame or two....or find another graphic to use....

If you are talking about your current siggy, it is 11,564bytes, so that is under the 12k limit and you are fine!

Last edited by greensthings; January 27th, 2005 at 9:33pm.
  Old  January 27th, 2005, 9:02pm     #35
Debezz
Sweeper

Is My Signiture Ok?

Old  January 27th, 2005, 9:18pm     #36
Vicky
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member
Senior Moderator/Editor
Freewheelin'

Smile
No actually it isn't Debezz. You need to take out one of those images. It makes it too long.

Thanks.

Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent. Billy Graham
  Old  January 28th, 2005, 2:47pm     #37
euphmansgurl
Master Sweeper

Siggy Question...
Is my signature too big (I'm not sure how to tell) and if it is, does anyone know how to make it smaller for me?

Custom Handpainted Children's Art
www.paintmama.com

or visit my Etsy Shop!
www.paintmama.etsy.com
  Old  January 28th, 2005, 2:49pm     #38
AmberMoon
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphmansgurl
Is my signature too big (I'm not sure how to tell) and if it is, does anyone know how to make it smaller for me?
its 150 x 169 and the sig police say it has to be 100 pixels in height, 350 pixels in width so its too high but the width is ok.

I dont know how to make it smaller without a program which atm i do not have on this pc but on my other pc, maybe someone else could fix it for you
  Old  January 28th, 2005, 2:51pm     #39
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

It is also 253,606 bytes ~ must be 12K or less
  Old  January 28th, 2005, 2:53pm     #40
euphmansgurl
Master Sweeper

But I love it!! lol, what can I do?

Custom Handpainted Children's Art
www.paintmama.com

or visit my Etsy Shop!
www.paintmama.etsy.com
  Old  January 28th, 2005, 2:56pm     #41
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphmansgurl
But I love it!! lol, what can I do?

Find Vicky! She is my resizing queen
  Old  January 31st, 2005, 11:08am     #42
purkle
Gone Camping

I need signature help/advice please - so lost --thanks
It seems according to a thread I read lots of people are like me not understanding signature rules, and I think I know why those image sizes and stuff can be confusing, and some of us need a bit more direction or instruction so we can get it right

So in order to help me, and all of the ones who like me are still a bit unsure of what is OK and what is NOT ok, let this post serve as a guide to ask for help and get it so we wont be driving the mods insane with our bad signatures.

I just deleted my signature because I found out it was not in compliance with rules. I more than anything really want my signature to be within rules #1 priority to me, so I am coming here to ask the ones who understand the rules better than I can figure them out to help me create an appropriate signature puhhleese!

I am confused because I see tickers, e-mail's, and sayings in all kinds signatures. In fact, I got the link from somebodies elses signature to make my own ticker with my twins due date in it.

What exactly is against rules in simple language, tickers, e-mails, sentences, or just all 3 or more than one at a time? Or is everyone with a ticker breaking rules?

Argh, I am so lost, and I tried to read the rules on my own and I am still confused. So I dont need rules quoted to me, just explained better. I am not sure of exactly where I screwed up, and I am scared to make another signature without asking for help so please help me.

I read something about size of image in the thread about the rules of signatures, but I dont understand it.

What ticker is acceptable? What link to what e should I go too-- to get it? Or was my signature unacceptable becasue I also had my e-mail in it and one sentence honoring those in the military?

I TOTALLY WANT TO be within forum rules, but I also want a cool signature like I thought I had.

So basically if I could at least just get my e-mail, and one cool ticker like everybody else's who have one, please tell me where to go to get it, and/or which one.

Would that be too much an e-mail with a ticker and nothing else?

Sorry if my post sounds as confused as I am. Thanks for any help.

Oh by the way I need a ticker for twins due July 1st, one boy one girl. Thanks

If all tickers are gonna be ruled out for everybody, just tell me, that is fine. I just want one IF I can have one.
  Old  January 31st, 2005, 11:36am     #43
purkle
Gone Camping

Oh ok here is my post. I never come over to this forum much,

I thought I supposed get advice in advice section. Anyway. What ticker can I have, and can I have e-mail too in sig with ticker?

Thanks
  Old  January 31st, 2005, 11:47am     #44
bewitched
Senior Master Sweeper

Is my sig. all good? Seems like it might be too long.
  Old  January 31st, 2005, 11:49am     #45
Vicky
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member
Senior Moderator/Editor
Freewheelin'

Tickers are clearly against the rules because they are too long. But we will allow them if they do not have alot of text included in the signature to the side of it or on top or bottom that makes it go over the allotment. It is not allowed with an extra picture inside of the ticker, or to the side of it, or on top, or with large smileys that make the signature too large.
If it is just the ticker, it is allowed. Please remember that only 2 images are allowed per signature. Thanks.

Vicky