Old  January 2nd, 2005, 10:53pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Ask for help with your signature here!
This thread reserved for those that need help getting their signature into compliance ~ feel free to help your fellow OLS'ers out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Signatures
All registered members have the ability to automatically add a few lines of text and/or a graphic to the bottom of their posts with a signature.

Edit Signature: http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...=editsignature

All signatures must follow these guidelines:
  • A signature may contain a maximum of 2 images and/or smilies.
  • Images in signatures can be no larger than 100 pixels in height, 420 pixels in width and 12k in size. If your signature contains 2 graphics, their combined file size must be 12k or less.
  • Signatures should take up no more screen space than the equivalent of 5 lines of normal sized text (size=2) with a maximum of 90 characters per line. The screen space that your signature occupies includes all graphics and blank lines. Therefore, the bigger the graphic(s) in your signature, the less space you're going to have available for text. Use of a smaller font size (size=1) will allow you to squeeze in an extra line or two.
  • Font size should not exceed 3. Keep in mind, that the bigger font size will mean that your signature will take up more screen space which is still subject to the original space limitation of 5 lines of normal sized text (size=2).
  • You can provide a link to your web site and/or win page in your signature. However, affiliate and referral links through which you stand to gain monetarily are not allowed, this includes links to web pages that are mostly affiliate or referral links.
  • Referral links or vote for me requests for sweepstakes and contests are generally permissible, but the links must not be deceptive.
  • Signatures must also be in compliance with all other rules of the forums.
You can find the guideline link here.
  Old  January 5th, 2005, 9:05pm     #2
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

JPEG into signature
How do I insert a JPEG image to my signature? I want to add my license plate to my signature like others have done.

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  January 5th, 2005, 9:10pm     #3
Nickyle
Grand Master Sweeper

Go to USER CP
Click on EDIT SIGNATURE
In the blank box type [IMG]the address to your image[/IMG]
Click SUBMIT

don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey
  Old  January 5th, 2005, 9:17pm     #4
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

OK - so it has to be a web address inbetween the IMG. How exactly did you get your license plate to save in there? Thanks!

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  January 5th, 2005, 9:18pm     #5
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Never mind -- I obviously just figured it out

Old  January 5th, 2005, 9:19pm     #6
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

I guess not!!!!! GRRRRRRRR! Help me please.

Old  January 5th, 2005, 9:31pm     #7
Nickyle
Grand Master Sweeper

Right click on the license plate
Select "save picture as"
Type what you want the picture saved as
Click ok
Go back and edit the picture to follow the OLS Guidelines as Kbsocial has in post #1

If you don't already have a photo host on your computer go to www.photobucket.com and sign up
Once signed up you will see a box at the top with the word "browse"
Click browse
Find the license plate you want here at OLS
Click OK
Let it do its thing
When it is done scroll to the bottom of the page
You will see your picture
Copy the IMG address photobucket has provided for you
Come back to this thread and click on the link kbsocial has provided in the #1 post OR go to USER CP, edit signature
Paste the IMG address
Click submit
You are done

don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey
  Old  January 9th, 2005, 1:43pm     #8
The Seahorse Lady
Senior Master Sweeper

I messed up the link by my signature - help please!
OK - Ms. Computer Guru ( ) tried to change the link to "My wins" and screwed it all up. It used to have 2004 WINS and I now want to change it to "MY WINS" but didn't quite get it right.

Any advise on how to fix my error would be appreciated. Thank you!

Susan
The Seahorse Lady

My Wins
  Old  January 9th, 2005, 1:50pm     #9
Tessmom05
Master Sweeper

PM'ed you about sig.

Old  January 9th, 2005, 3:34pm     #10
AmberMoon
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seahorse Lady
OK - Ms. Computer Guru ( ) tried to change the link to "My wins" and screwed it all up. It used to have 2004 WINS and I now want to change it to "MY WINS" but didn't quite get it right.

Any advise on how to fix my error would be appreciated. Thank you!

make sure a [ is around the /url so it would look like [*/url] without the * ... It looks like you didnt close off the coding
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 11:00am     #11
KISSaholic4life
Grand Master Sweeper

kbsocial -

Is my signature in compiance now? I reduced the size and censored it even more. The pic size is under the pixel and kb limits.

~ Space For Rent ~
I can be found at Facebook - look for KISSaholic4life

Old  January 17th, 2005, 11:22am     #12
bran_dp
Master Sweeper

I've tried a few times and just can't get it. I would appreciate any help.
THanks
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 11:25am     #13
greensthings
Gone Camping

Location: in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest (wisconsin)
Images in signatures can be no larger than 100 pixels in height, 350 pixels in width and 12k in size...now for those that do not know how big this really is..here is a graphic that will help!
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 11:43am     #14
stargazer
Senior Master Sweeper

Please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started a my win thread don't now what to do next. want my thread page added to my signature here is my page

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/f...259#post1827259

I want it to say stargazer's wins

Thank you for your assistance

Please help: I just clicked on my link above and it says

"Error 404: The web page you were looking for cannot be found" on top of the home page it brings me back to!
  Old  January 17th, 2005, 12:00pm     #15
greensthings
Gone Camping

Location: in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest (wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer
Please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started a my win thread don't now what to do next. want my thread page added to my signature here is my page

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/f...259#post1827259

I want it to say stargazer's wins

Thank you for your assistance

Please help: I just clicked on my link above and it says

"Error 404: The web page you were looking for cannot be found" on top of the home page it brings me back to!
this is where you need to go to start a thread called "stargazer's wins" or what ever you want to call it http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...splay.php?f=43
Next, open up "user cp" , then "edit signiture"
once the edit signiture is open, it will look just like a a reply box...look for the blue world with a piece of chain link in front of it (just under where you can choose font, font size and color). click it and a box will pop up, asking what you want the text to say..this is where you type in "My Wins" or "Stargazers Wins"..click ok, the next thing it wants is a URL, this is where you paste the URL to the thread you just started in the winners lists. hit ok, and it will put everything you need into the message box, preview your post to make sure it is what you want, then submit reply, and you are done!

Last edited by greensthings; January 26th, 2005 at 9:43pm.