Old  September 13th, 2004, 9:05pm     #46
jhopkins
Sweeper

Where oh where do I find the premium sweeps???
I don't know what rock I have been hiding under but I don't know anything about the premium sweeps except they cost $30.00 per year which sounds very reasonable to me. Would someone email me at: jdh823@cox.net and give me the information.

Thanks!

Judith
  Old  September 13th, 2004, 9:06pm     #47
dore8895
Sweeper

How Long?
I sent a check in on the 3rd for my premium membership and it still hasn't happened. Can anyone give me an idea on how long it takes. I am really looking forward to it!
Thanks to anyone that can help.
  Old  September 13th, 2004, 9:08pm     #48
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhopkins
I don't know what rock I have been hiding under but I don't know anything about the premium sweeps except they cost $30.00 per year which sounds very reasonable to me. Would someone email me at: jdh823@cox.net and give me the information.

Thanks!

Judith

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...d.php?t=122603

There ya go
  Old  September 13th, 2004, 9:08pm     #49
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dore8895
I sent a check in on the 3rd for my premium membership and it still hasn't happened. Can anyone give me an idea on how long it takes. I am really looking forward to it!
Thanks to anyone that can help.

please PM me with your full name, city/state and I will look into it
  Old  September 13th, 2004, 9:15pm     #50
StarbucksAddict
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
LUKALOVAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_babe
Jee you really think they would give us non-prem something for free! I posted 3 sweeps today guess where they went!... yep right to premium!
Everything goes through as premium when it is first submitted. The editors/moderators check all the information that was submitted with the sweep, change anything that needs to be changed/corrected, add anything that needs to be added, etc etc etc. Only then is the decision made whether to release it as a freebie or keep it as a premium. Due to the number of sweeps submitted and the number of available volunteers at any given moment, it can take time to get to some sweeps. We have things like jobs, you know, to pay bills and stuff. What is done here is done for free.
  Old  September 13th, 2004, 10:30pm     #51
jdhj2
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJPeabody
No link yet today for new sweeps under new sweeps or on the home page. Another poster says there are 10new sweeps, 6 of them non-premium. I am not (yet) a premium sweep member, and I see no access to any sweeps for today yet, so it looks like premium members are getting first crack at the non-premium sweeps, too. I also notice that that the total premium sweeps number is increasing much more rapidly than the rate you would calculate from the new non-premium sweep increase if the actual proportion were 20-30%. This sort of bums out non-premium seweepers, as does the domination of the sweeps list by very low value sweeps, with few or none of the desirable sweeps we have been used to finding here: Money, trips, cars, etc. With an apparent total membership of 50,000, it is no wonder that there are enough bummed out sweepers to fill these posts with unhappiness.

Nevertheless, this site is the best run and best presented sweeps site I have found, and I am becoming convinced that it may be worth money to get full service, but it is still valuable at the free level. This model is not unusual. There are site such as Morningstar and newspaper sites that have useful free and better paid features. It is a reasonable business model.

So, why not act to decrease the unhappiness?

How about a sort of teaser feature in the non-paid site to entice a few more payments? List the premium prizes in a way that will give a flavor of what really is available on the premium side. If there were a link to a table that showed a table of what was available for premium, we non-premiums would get enticed.

Example: NOW AVAILABLE on the PREMIUM SITE: 399 sweeps, with 30 cars, 22 trips, 19 cash prizes over $1000, one plaster model of a pot bellied pig, 200 CD's and DVD's ...

You get the idea. Also, the expired premium sweeps could be posted under a "What you missed" link. It's a good business practice to tell your potential customers enough to make them REALLY want what you are selling. A lot of us a a bit queasy at buying a pig in a poke with no refund privilege.

Just my 2 cents.
gosh, i really want a pot bellied pig. - : )
  Old  September 18th, 2004, 12:57pm     #52
pmdrivejock
Senior Sweeper

How do you become a "Premie"?
Just a quickie question, fellow OLS'ers...

How do you join the Premium thingie? I'm thinking about trying-out $12.50 worth, but can find nowhere to locate more info on how to go about joining. Can anyone help?
  Old  September 18th, 2004, 1:04pm     #53
grandma44
Senior Master Sweeper

go to user cp at the top left of this page and click...go to paid subscriptions and you'll find what you are looking for.

Old  September 18th, 2004, 2:22pm     #54
pmdrivejock
Senior Sweeper

Always trust your grandma!
Thanks for the info and the help, grandma44.

I found just what I was looking for.

Always trust your grandma!

Old  September 18th, 2004, 5:56pm     #55
amyshulk
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythewonder
Sorry if this is the wrong category to ask this. I sent in a check for premium membership. How do I know when my subscription actually starts and how do I access the premium sweeps? Will the homepage look different? Thank you.

When your name turns green (it's a dark green, so hard to see - look at mine and compare it to yours) And yes, you will have access to all the sweeps when you go green - premium will be an option in the pull-down menu on the home page too.

hth, amy
  Old  September 18th, 2004, 6:11pm     #56
honeythewonder
Master Sweeper

Thank you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyshulk
When your name turns green (it's a dark green, so hard to see - look at mine and compare it to yours) And yes, you will have access to all the sweeps when you go green - premium will be an option in the pull-down menu on the home page too.

hth, amy
Thanks Amyshulk. I'll start looking for the green. What do you do in Vegas? I sometimes speak there.
  Old  September 18th, 2004, 6:12pm     #57
blfbrat
Master Sweeper

All I can say
Premium Membership is a great deal, I was given a surprise 3 month membership. I will be signing up for the entire year. This service is well worth the price, in fact it is extremely reasonable for the sweeps available. Thanks OLS and my benefactor.

Nothing but praise here
  Old  September 18th, 2004, 6:59pm     #58
amyshulk
Gone Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythewonder
Thanks Amyshulk. I'll start looking for the green. What do you do in Vegas? I sometimes speak there.
Gee, I talk all the time DH can't get a word in

Seriously, I'm a disabled SAHM and full time sweeper. What do you speak on???

amy
  Old  September 18th, 2004, 7:38pm     #59
honeythewonder
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyshulk
Gee, I talk all the time DH can't get a word in

Seriously, I'm a disabled SAHM and full time sweeper. What do you speak on???

amy
How neat to be a full time sweeper. I'm a motivational speaker, speaking on stress management, being happy, staying positive, getting what you want, using humor in your life, etc. Kind of depends on what subject the people who hire me want. Also do some personal life coaching and stress management for celebrities and corporate execs.
  Old  September 20th, 2004, 12:18am     #60
AJPeabody
Senior Sweeper

Thumbs up AJ pays up
Well, now that it is clear that premium sweeps are increasing by hundreds per week, a rate greater than 20-30% of new sweeps, I have figured out why I haven't found much to enter on the free site for the last month.

My own limited independent search for sweeps found 3 neat sweeps not listed on the free site, and they were so easy to find that I can't believe 50,000 sweepers hadn't found them. One was a trip to any hotel in a famous worldwide chain, another was for $100,000 and a car from a cable network that is always offering sweeps, and the third was for a vehicle worth over $50,000 from a well known automobile manufacturer.

When my check to OLS clears, my name will turn green and I'll enter some real sweeps. If these three aren't listed on premium, I'll post them, but I can't believe they have been missed.

OLS is now a pay to play site, in my book, and it's worth it so I've paid.

AJPeabody

If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving.
Closed Thread