Old  September 11th, 2004, 10:28am     #31
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrhrsegal
Just wondering what is the premiun sweeps,where are they and how do i find them ?? i purchased a membership...not sure what they are ??HELP

You are now showing up as a premium membership ~ If you used PayPal and paid by check (or maybe debit card), it takes 3 to 5 days for it to clear through PayPal. As soon as it clears through PayPal, OLS is notified and your account here is automatically credited and all the added benefits are available immediately.
  Old  September 11th, 2004, 10:35am     #32
syrayes
Master Sweeper

Wow-KB,what a fast respose! That was cool, sort of like im!
Sparky's doing the KB dance!

Please sign up under me for friendrack! Thank you!

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=393042
  Old  September 11th, 2004, 6:10pm     #33
Jdevall
Master Sweeper

Glad I Went Premium Today....
I Was Missing Huge Prizes...and So Many Of Them!!!!
  Old  September 12th, 2004, 12:55pm     #34
bell_babe
Gone Camping

no sweeps?
To day is 09/12/ there are NO sweeps listed for today! not even crappy CD give aways!
am I missing something or are all the sweeps in prime today or what
  Old  September 12th, 2004, 1:08pm     #35
Ravin
Grand Master Sweeper

I just went and looked and there are sweeps for today 10 and 6 of them are not premium.

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Buddha
  Old  September 12th, 2004, 1:30pm     #36
pmdrivejock
Senior Sweeper

Premium membership hard to afford right now
Hope I did this posting-thingy right...it's my first time.

I'm disabled and on a fixed income. I'm hoping to, someday, win a cash prize, or one that can be converted into cash, so that I may pay-down on some of my mounting medical bills.
Finding this site was great at first, but now many of the decent sweeps appear to be going "premium".

An additional $30 expense right now is a real hardship for me.

My 2 cents.

Thanx for listening!
  Old  September 12th, 2004, 2:04pm     #37
duknuk
Grand Master Sweeper

I am in love ...
with the ADD / UNDO button. I wish I could pay $30 a month for a button like that for my brain and the part of my life not spent sweeping.
  Old  September 12th, 2004, 2:06pm     #38
AJPeabody
Senior Sweeper

Where Are Today's Sweeps?
No link yet today for new sweeps under new sweeps or on the home page. Another poster says there are 10new sweeps, 6 of them non-premium. I am not (yet) a premium sweep member, and I see no access to any sweeps for today yet, so it looks like premium members are getting first crack at the non-premium sweeps, too. I also notice that that the total premium sweeps number is increasing much more rapidly than the rate you would calculate from the new non-premium sweep increase if the actual proportion were 20-30%. This sort of bums out non-premium seweepers, as does the domination of the sweeps list by very low value sweeps, with few or none of the desirable sweeps we have been used to finding here: Money, trips, cars, etc. With an apparent total membership of 50,000, it is no wonder that there are enough bummed out sweepers to fill these posts with unhappiness.

Nevertheless, this site is the best run and best presented sweeps site I have found, and I am becoming convinced that it may be worth money to get full service, but it is still valuable at the free level. This model is not unusual. There are site such as Morningstar and newspaper sites that have useful free and better paid features. It is a reasonable business model.

So, why not act to decrease the unhappiness?

How about a sort of teaser feature in the non-paid site to entice a few more payments? List the premium prizes in a way that will give a flavor of what really is available on the premium side. If there were a link to a table that showed a table of what was available for premium, we non-premiums would get enticed.

Example: NOW AVAILABLE on the PREMIUM SITE: 399 sweeps, with 30 cars, 22 trips, 19 cash prizes over $1000, one plaster model of a pot bellied pig, 200 CD's and DVD's ...

You get the idea. Also, the expired premium sweeps could be posted under a "What you missed" link. It's a good business practice to tell your potential customers enough to make them REALLY want what you are selling. A lot of us a a bit queasy at buying a pig in a poke with no refund privilege.

Just my 2 cents.

AJPeabody

If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving.
  Old  September 12th, 2004, 2:26pm     #39
jankelley
Master Sweeper

To AJ Peabody-
Wow! What great ideas!!! You must be in sales! I really think providing some info about what is contained in the premium sweeps and the "what you missed" section you suggested would be very effective. Real teasers---- the checkbooks would be com ing out pronto!
Let's hear more from you!

PS-- I have no new sweeps for today either. I wonder what's up????

Old  September 12th, 2004, 2:43pm     #40
venus_de_milo
Grand Master Sweeper

There are new sweeps for today, but they didn't show up right away for me--I had to refresh a few times. Sounds like more of a technical problem, not premium/non-premium issue.
  Old  September 12th, 2004, 3:00pm     #41
AJPeabody
Senior Sweeper

One More Idea
Well, I got 1 sweep to show up. Not 6.

Another idea: "Pay" non-premium members with a week or a month of premium access for posting new non-dupe sweeps and extend the premium subscription for premium members that post new sweeps. Or, let non-premium new sweep posters buy premium membership a a discount. OK, so it's two new ideas.

AJPeabody

Old  September 12th, 2004, 11:18pm     #42
mommamia
Senior Master Sweeper

Red face That AJPeabody is smart
Hey AJPeabody....you got me convinced. If the site here did what you suggest I would bring my checkbook here to get the 'premium service'. But free is a great option for some of us too. I think i have to win a prize or two before I can justify any expense at this hobby, though.
THANKS!

Last edited by mommamia; September 13th, 2004 at 5:49pm.
  Old  September 12th, 2004, 11:24pm     #43
AJPeabody
Senior Sweeper

Unhappy Lots for Premium, Few Free Today
Well, folks, it looks like we're all going to have to pay to play. So far today there are 6 sweeps available for ordinary sweepers, but the total listed for premium sweeps has gone up maybe 20 or 30. And I haven't found a nice juicy sweep to enter all day.

Thanks for the nice comments.

AJPeabody

Old  September 13th, 2004, 7:27pm     #44
Jdevall
Master Sweeper

33 of the 62 contests are premium today
that's why I switched.....
  Old  September 13th, 2004, 8:04pm     #45
bell_babe
Gone Camping

Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJPeabody
Well, I got 1 sweep to show up. Not 6.

Another idea: "Pay" non-premium members with a week or a month of premium access for posting new non-dupe sweeps and extend the premium subscription for premium members that post new sweeps. Or, let non-premium new sweep posters buy premium membership a a discount. OK, so it's two new ideas.
Jee you really think they would give us non-prem something for free! I posted 3 sweeps today guess where they went!... yep right to premium! Glad I kept the links bookmarked so I can enter on my own! From now on I'm keeping them bookmarked on my own computer so I don't miss out on the good ones
Closed Thread