Old  June 29th, 2004, 2:48pm     #16
blinkin
Sweeper

and the refund info???

Last edited by blinkin; June 30th, 2004 at 7:38am.

"As you are, I was. As I am, you will be." --Fermin Mundaca, pirate, epitaph on his gravestone.

"Fortune’s wheel never stands still -- the highest point is therefore the most perilous." -- Maria Edgeworth
  Old  June 29th, 2004, 2:52pm     #17
mansker
Master Sweeper

If you read the original Paid membership post, the info is in there.

The last time we mixed politics and religion people got burned at the stake
  Old  June 29th, 2004, 3:06pm     #18
ROSIE203
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhj2
what premium membership?
  Old  June 29th, 2004, 3:18pm     #19
ROSIE203
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkin
Personally, I would never send money to a company that does not even have listed on their website a name, address and phone number of the company. All this site has is a email address. If I have a problem with the services I receive, I want to know who to contact to remedy the problem. What are you going to do if you have a problem and you email ( or PM) them and get no response?

Further, there is no refund policy listed for this advertised subscription service. What if you buy the service and then decide you don't want it? What if the services you receive don't live up to the promises Brent has made about them? A refund policy should always be posted by every business.

By accepting money for the use of this website, Brent has subjected himself to certain laws regarding the conduct of his business. For better or worse, this is the path he has chosen.

As far as I can tell, the best thing to do if you have a problem is contact the Ohio Attorney General Consumer protection Division at:

Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro
State Office Tower 30 E. Broad Street 17th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-3428
(614) 466-4320

Believe me, they will take your complaint seriously.
WHAT THE HELL!
I don't know what sparked this but for those who are unhappy
just unsubscribing should be an option
if Brent were to just shut the whole sight down then people would be complaining about that
I for one don't want to see that happen
but as long as I have been a member I don't see anything that has warranted contacting the Attorney General
  Old  June 29th, 2004, 3:24pm     #20
jdhj2
Master Sweeper

I really dont think it should go that far. this place is on the up and up. i believe that one of the moderators has direct contact with online sweeps to make everyone aware. silence is a bitch.
  Old  June 30th, 2004, 7:58pm     #21
TabooU
Senior Master Sweeper

Premium membership is an option not an obligation. You don't have to sign up. However a lot of effort went into and continues to go into making this site the premiere sweepstake site on the web. It seems that the efforts should be compensated in some manner.

well behaved women rarely make history
  Old  August 1st, 2004, 7:23am     #22
mechurchlady
Gone Camping

Location: I am an OLS Citizen from Norwalk, California where there are lots of nuts.
ATTENTION ATENTION ATTENTION.

As some of you know I worked for a sweepstakes site for 25 cents a sweep. I was lucky to get a $1 an hour doing this work. I had to research and make sure things were correct.

IT IS MY OPINION THAT GETTING 3000+ SWEEPSTAKES WITH THE RULES, NOTES, INFORMATION, FORUMS, FREEBIES, AND OTHER GOODIES ALONE IS NOT WORTH $30 A MONTH.

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ADD THE DISCIPLING, MENTAL HEALTH WORK, PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT, TEAMWORK, FRIENDSHIP AND COMRADERY.

THIS SITE IS NOT WORTH $30 A YEAR.

IT IS WORTH $30 A DAY
  Old  August 1st, 2004, 7:52am     #23
laraedo
Master Sweeper

Churchy,
You made my jaw fall to the ground, but then i read your last line and I agree you are totally right. This site is worth the money.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...E1/snowman.gif
  Old  August 1st, 2004, 8:31am     #24
cindyleein
Sweeper

I have only been a non-paying member of this site for a month or so, but I am really impressed with all the hard work and dedication that goes into listing all the available sweeps for us. I realize that the new sweeps are found by members, but they still have to be checked out and posted. It doesn't sound like much, perhaps, but there must be a lot of work involved in keeping this site up and running. I have checked out several other sweepstakes sites that do not even compare with this one. They charge more money for a lot less service. Having had my own internet business, I can tell you that it's not easy keeping everything running on an even keel and keeping everyone happy. Hopefully, I will be able to join the Premium membership soon. But, in the meantime, I will keep dreaming the dream of winning and thanking everyone who makes this site and my dreams possible.

Old  August 1st, 2004, 4:12pm     #25
amyshulk
Gone Camping

You know, I set my mom up with this a while back. I knew she wouldn't get into it like I would, so I only told her a premium membership for $30.00 a year was available, but she could get most of the site for free.

I signed up and paid because I appreciated all the hard work and for once in my life (all my progs are free - spybot,avg,etc...) I felt like I should contribute something.

Well, I just was over at her place, showing her some sweeps to add to her mysweeps, when I saw she didn't have the add/undo button! I think that in itself is the most compelling reason (great for 24 hour sweeps, or when you think you don't have time to enter all your dailies, and then find out you do!) I have no memory, so that button saves me from wondering, and it keeps track of how many entries total! I think there are other improvements coming, and I just can't wait!!!

The free membership is enough for her, for now, since she can access the sweeps and notes. I personally think it's awesome this site is so open, and that those who can't pay can still play! But having the perks from being a member are SO worth it!

amy
  Old  August 1st, 2004, 4:45pm     #26
AlliesMom
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyleein
I have only been a non-paying member of this site for a month or so, but I am really impressed with all the hard work and dedication that goes into listing all the available sweeps for us. I realize that the new sweeps are found by members, but they still have to be checked out and posted. It doesn't sound like much, perhaps, but there must be a lot of work involved in keeping this site up and running. I have checked out several other sweepstakes sites that do not even compare with this one. They charge more money for a lot less service.

Oh Ditto on all of that! BTW, My check is in the mail...tee hee. Looking forward to perks. Hope you get yours soon too!
  Old  August 31st, 2004, 11:29pm     #27
krauzaj
Junior Sweeper

Just got my Premium Membership
Just got my premium membership! Can't wait to see the exclusive sweeps.

Thanks-
A. J.

My wins:

August 2004: Total: $28
Oscar Meyer: Hotdog Stuffed Toy (ARV$ 5); Kraft: Scooby-Doo Poster (ARV $5); Livelinks: (2) Loews Movie Passes (ARV $18).

September 2004: Total: $180 and counting
Gatorade: T-Shirt (ARV $10); SONY: Kingston 64MB Flash Drive 2.0 (ARV $20); Chief Challenge (2) Tickets to Kansas City Chiefs V. San Diego Charges Game (ARV $140); Chaser Trave Pack (ARV $3); Jack Links Meat Snack (ARV $7)
  Old  September 2nd, 2004, 4:08pm     #28
sandibert
Senior Sweeper

.....This site is well worth $30 a year!!!......
......Whether you like the new premium features or not. Personally, I think all the research involved is worth it-and the fact that you can keep track of your favorites. It's a wonder that you can access most of online-sweepstakes for FREE!!! I feel that $30 a year is a mere donation..... I enjoy entering sweeps and especially winning!! It's well worth $2.50/month!! Thanks again!!!!!
  Old  September 11th, 2004, 9:36am     #29
Qtrhrsegal
Senior Sweeper

newbie with a stupid question ??
Just wondering what is the premiun sweeps,where are they and how do i find them ?? i purchased a membership...not sure what they are ??HELP
  Old  September 11th, 2004, 9:43am     #30
syrayes
Master Sweeper

Hi-Pm KB or Starbucks-I'm sure they will get things straightened out for you!

Please sign up under me for friendrack! Thank you!

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=393042
Closed Thread