Old  April 25th, 2004, 9:06am     #1
mansker
Master Sweeper

Premium memberships
I know that a lot of you are asking to help donate a membership to someone else. I'd like to wait until Brent comes back to answer the questions regarding this.

I want to make sure we are doing it the right way for Brent and the member being donated to before we start off on the wrong foot. Please be patient, he'll be back from the Ohio dillio soon and all questions will be answered then.

I have taken a couple of threads off of the board regarding this due to wanting to wait until Brent has a system set up for it.

Thanks,

pat

The last time we mixed politics and religion people got burned at the stake
  Old  May 23rd, 2004, 7:07pm     #2
chaching
Senior Sweeper

Mansker, You mention in your info that Brent is on vacation. I am having no end of trouble getting my premium O.L.S. membership activated. I sent my $30.00 April 12 and still I have no got the membership. The check has not been cashed and I am getting very concerned about this matter. I thought that everything was going O.K. but this does not seen to be the case. Is anyone else been having the same problem or am I the only one. I just hate it when people do not do the right thing. I have emailed twice and sent snail mail once. Each time, I have no luck. I have no idea what is happening and I wonder who is at the wheel. I would think that I would have the premiun member ship by now and would not have to bitch and moan about this. I would rather be entering sweeps. Can you tell who is at the wheel? I would really like a word in their ear because has been asleep at the wheel. Everything is so complicated these days. You would think that this would be simple and easy thing to do.I am chaching and I live in Arizona. My email address is tangotango4@juno.com. I would appreciate any help because I am not getting any. Thanks.
  Old  May 23rd, 2004, 9:24pm     #3
mgkamish
Gone Camping

It would have been nice to know that Brent is on vacation. Why did he promise MySweeps if he was going on vacation?

None of the premium options are in place, yet, so I wouldn't worry about my payment if I were you. In fact, several people have already posted that they wish they hadn't rushed into it way back in March when it was first announced since nothing has happened still.

This site is owned by one person, Brent, and he does all the work on it except for moderating and editing. Volunteers do that. So, if Brent is on vacation, there's no one at the wheel. Arghhhhhhh! Runaway train!!! Just kidding.....
  Old  May 23rd, 2004, 9:36pm     #4
jdhj2
Master Sweeper

what premium membership?
  Old  May 23rd, 2004, 9:38pm     #5
StarbucksAddict
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
LUKALOVAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaching
Mansker, You mention in your info that Brent is on vacation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkamish
It would have been nice to know that Brent is on vacation. Why did he promise MySweeps if he was going on vacation?
The post of mansker's that you two are referring to is almost a month old. It was put up during the Ohio get-together back in April.

*Star
  Old  May 23rd, 2004, 9:38pm     #6
mansker
Master Sweeper

Number one, I did not say anywhere that Brent is on Vacation. I said that he would answer when he comes back. . meaning comes back to the board to post, rather then to do all of the work on making the changes.

He was in Ohio on April 24th for the Ohio get together, and has been back many many days, and also has made posts regarding donating memberships since then. He is working on getting the premium stuff done, and I am sure will be updating us as soon as possible.

BTW, everyone on the boards knew that Brent was at the Ohio dillio. . he posted it.

If you are having problems getting your premium memberships acknowledged, I will set him a sticky as a reminder.

I do not want to start a big deal about this, but I do want the "He's on Vacation" issue to stop. He's not on vacation, he's working on the site, and if you had noticed the date on my post, you would have known that it was done almost a month ago.

Thanks,

Pat

The last time we mixed politics and religion people got burned at the stake
  Old  May 23rd, 2004, 9:38pm     #7
chuckybaby
Senior Master Sweeper

The note stating Brent was on vacation was dated in April...I'm sure he's not on vacation now as I see his name as being online at night when I'm doing my sweeps. Still waiting for my info updated also. Says April 9th as the start date and May 15th 2005 as end date...
  Old  May 23rd, 2004, 10:05pm     #8
sottovoce
Senior Master Sweeper

Trust.

Brent Toady!
  Old  May 24th, 2004, 2:58pm     #9
LisaSweeps
Junior Sweeper

How do I "join" this site?
HELP SOMEONE!

I am trying to understand this site (LOVE WHAT I SEE SO FAR!).

PROBLEM? Can't figure out how to become a member....

Where do I join?
How do I join?
How much to join?
What type of memberships do you offer?
What does membership bring me?

Can someone please give me some advise or guidance?

Thanks so much,
Lisa
  Old  May 24th, 2004, 3:34pm     #10
Carla
Master Sweeper

Lisa-

First of all

Here's a link to the first thread about premium memberships. It's too much info to paste so it's easier for you use the link and read for a while..lol It's got links to the updates that have come so far. Hope this helps

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...23&postcount=1

If you have additional questions, you can post here and usually one of our wonderful mods get back to you quickly

Hope this helps
  Old  June 13th, 2004, 1:32pm     #11
TabooU
Senior Master Sweeper

I love what you all did with the premium my sweeps. It really helps with weekly and monthly entries.

well behaved women rarely make history
  Old  June 27th, 2004, 10:59pm     #12
geobucks
Gone Camping

Location: Northwest Ohio-home of the worst newspaper in America...
Thumbs down Whelp....
Gawd!...where to start?. Brent is not, to the best of my knowledge, on vacation. But if he were, so what? He's not entitled? I used paypal & was a premium member within an hour. I get so tired of the bitching. This is, by far, the best sweeps site on the net, even without "premium membership". I have owned, admin'ed & mod'ed many other (non-sweeps) boards in the past & this is the most sophisticated, feature rich, up-to-date board I have ever seen. Thank you mods, editors & Brent....you do a fantastic job. I would contribute $$$ to Brent just to see it continue in present state. If you are are unhappy, you are certainly free (and invited) to go elsewhere, it's a big "net", you know. But REALLY tired of the trash posts...my time is too valuable,as I would assume, is yours.
  Old  June 27th, 2004, 11:21pm     #13
jdhj2
Master Sweeper

i bitch i bitch cos if i dont get no respect . i bitch. all most people were asking for was an update. if you cant handle that maybe you should seek elsewhere.
  Old  June 29th, 2004, 3:32pm     #14
StarbucksAddict
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
LUKALOVAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkin
Personally, I would never send money to a company that does not even have listed on their website a name, address and phone number of the company. All this site has is a email address. If I have a problem with the services I receive, I want to know who to contact to remedy the problem. What are you going to do if you have a problem and you email ( or PM) them and get no response?
You are mistaken. Full contact information has been available for as long as I've been a member here. All you needed to do was ask and you would have been pointed to it.

In regards to a refund policy, why do you automatically assume there is none? I guess it's just too much trouble to ask.
  Old  June 29th, 2004, 3:45pm     #15
Tametaz
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkin
Personally, I would never send money to a company that does not even have listed on their website a name, address and phone number of the company. All this site has is a email address. If I have a problem with the services I receive, I want to know who to contact to remedy the problem. What are you going to do if you have a problem and you email ( or PM) them and get no response?

Further, there is no refund policy listed for this advertised subscription service. What if you buy the service and then decide you don't want it? What if the services you receive don't live up to the promises Brent has made about them? A refund policy should always be posted by every business.

By accepting money for the use of this website, Brent has subjected himself to certain laws regarding the conduct of his business. For better or worse, this is the path he has chosen.

As far as I can tell, the best thing to do if you have a problem is contact the Ohio Attorney General Consumer protection Division at:

Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro
State Office Tower 30 E. Broad Street 17th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-3428
(614) 466-4320

Believe me, they will take your complaint seriously.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/privacy/

All of Brent's Info is listed there at the bottom. Real tough to find, huh!
Closed Thread