Old  October 29th, 2017, 1:40pm     #1
katybean
Sweeper

Post rules?
I have been a member here for 15 years, premium member for many of those years....don't even recall. I posted a note on a sweep that a sponsor was calling me after I entered. I have seen these types of notes repeatedly on sweeps and I thought others should be aware and wanted to see if others were getting the call (it is highly unusual for this particular sweep). My post keeps getting removed. Why? I have checked the rules and I did nothing wrong that I can tell.
I was just trying to be a helpful and questioning member of a board that I have been a part of for a very long time. I always appreciate a "heads up" from a fellow OLSer.
Thank you.
  Old  October 29th, 2017, 2:49pm     #2
carcon
Senior Master Sweeper

I appreciate it if someone lets me know there are soliciting calls involved with a sweep. I have also posted things that I felt were pertinent to a sweep and had them deleted, who know why.

You've got to to prime the pump, you've got to have faith and believe
You've got to give of yourself before your worthy to receive!
  Old  October 29th, 2017, 2:53pm     #3
implode
Master Sweeper

I agree, people need to know if the company is being aggressive in marketing through email or calls.

Hall of Fame Winner of BMW i3!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  October 29th, 2017, 8:41pm     #4
enaj
Senior Master Sweeper

I agree , your note would be helpful. As I and others have stated over + over there is someone removing ALL notes helpful or not and it's always explained away as , if there are multiple notes notes saying the same thing or congrats or whatever they are removed. These are NOT the notes that we are complaining about but the removal of helpful notes continues. It's treated as, we really don't know what you are talking about as notes are logged when removed and there aren't any to check. Guess what ? The person removing the notes is very good at hiding what she is doing and does it all the time.
  Old  October 30th, 2017, 12:40am     #5
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

If it was a premium sweep, PM me with the name of the sweep and roughly when you posted the note and I will look into it for you.

LipSense & SeneGence beauty, OLS members get free shipping. PM for details.
Buzz's Trade List
  Old  October 30th, 2017, 10:21am     #6
stonybuff
Senior Master Sweeper

I've seen many sweeps where people post in the notes a about getting calls.

Sign up for Ebates and start earning cash back when you shop online or in store. I will also earn when you sign up. https://www.ebates.com/r/JFELDM53?ty...ton&eeid=37350
  Old  October 31st, 2017, 1:14am     #7
sheila10253
Senior Master Sweeper

I love when people tell us in the note that the sponsor is calling. Then I can avoid the sweep or usse my home phone intsead of my cell so they won't call and wake me up!

My Wins
  Old  November 1st, 2017, 4:16am     #8
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

I remember when the notes weren't monitored and everybody started gripping about irrelevant notes.

" I have to weed through a bunch of thank you post before I can get to the notes with the relevant information"

So........the mods started monitoring them now everybody gripes about notes getting deleted. The mods are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of women in one place lots of gripes!
  Old  November 1st, 2017, 8:37am     #9
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Question Can't we all be grateful, thankful and gracious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
I remember when the notes weren't monitored and everybody started gripping about irrelevant notes.

" I have to weed through a bunch of thank you post before I can get to the notes with the relevant information"

So........the mods started monitoring them now everybody gripes about notes getting deleted. The mods are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of women in one place lots of gripes!
I'm not griping in the notes, I'm griping here about those who gripe in the notes.
There is a current sweep, from a very fine sponsor, that offers 13 prizes with a value from $250 to $2000.
There are only 2 notes posted and I will quote them.

Nice prizes, but tedious to enter. Wish they would simplify their entry process.

The same dumb ass format they have always used...clicking each prize. Yawnnnnnnn

Personally, I DID NOT CONSIDER THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL

Last edited by QBookie; November 1st, 2017 at 8:38am. Reason: formatting

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  November 1st, 2017, 8:57am     #10
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
I'm not griping in the notes, I'm griping here about those who gripe in the notes.
There is a current sweep, from a very fine sponsor, that offers 13 prizes with a value from $250 to $2000.
There are only 2 notes posted and I will quote them.

Nice prizes, but tedious to enter. Wish they would simplify their entry process.

The same dumb ass format they have always used...clicking each prize. Yawnnnnnnn

Personally, I DID NOT CONSIDER THIS INFORMATION HELPFUL
Those two notes have been removed.

OP was told to pm GTBuzz so that it can be looked into and see when it was removed as all notes are copied and pasted over into a deleted note forum.

Closing this thread.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
Closed Thread