Old  November 13th, 2004, 9:05pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Guidelines for Personal Auctions - **Read these rules before posting in this forum**
Personal Auctions

To auction an item, you must be a registered member of Online-Sweepstakes.com (OLS) for 1 year with at least 30 posts.

ALL AUCTIONS MUST HAVE A SET END DATE (and time zone)!! Please list your end date, end time and time zone in the title. Threads with no end date, time and time zone listed in the title or no end date, time listed at all will be deleted.

All personal auctions will be limited to no more than 5 running concurrently effective 2-1-05.

Create a seperate thread for each auction, don't lump multiple auctions in one thread.

Auctions must run through their listed end date and time, closing an auction early without the permission of a Moderator is not allowed.

Do not bid on an auction if you are not going to follow through and pay for it. On the flip side, do not offer something up for bid that you end up not sending out - this all plays into the good traders/bad traders and I don't like having to deal with bad traders

Auctions must have a clear list of the items being auctioned. Please list the exact items that are being bid on in your auction so there is no confusion for bidders. There will be no more Mystery Auctions/Surprise Boxes allowed effective 9-26-07.

Auctions must list the type of payment accepted (ie: paypal, money order) and any shipping costs so there is no confusion for bidders.

OLS does not allow the sale of replica/knock off products.

We've had a rash of "reserve price" auctions - we try to be pretty flexible but we are not an auction site - we allow auctions for our members as a privilege, not because we have to. If there is a certain price you are wanting to get - start your bidding at that price to avoid any further problems.

We've had a rash of "ends with first bid" auctions - that is really not an auction and should be handled as a regular Prize Exchange item with a set price. Any new auctions we see like that, effective immediately, will be deleted.

Please everyone refrain from bumping any of your Prize Exchange, Personal Auctions, Site Auctions, Classifieds or Wanted posts more than once per 24 hours. I will start deleting threads, effective now, as it has become a big problem. If you abuse this guideline you will not be allowed to post personal auctions.

Please do not list items in your auction that may violate another web site's policies. If a site requires you to agree not to sell an item they send you, then do not post the item in any area of Prize Exchange (ie: Bzzagent items, survey site trials etc).

Full list of Prize Exchange rules can be found HERE

Last edited by GTBuzz; January 1st, 2009 at 10:41am.
  Old  January 22nd, 2005, 12:40pm     #2
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

We have had some abuse with the bumping of threads. I am now installing a "once per 24 hours" bump on the auctions. Some people are bumping hourly which is not fair to others also having auctions. If you abuse this guideline you will not be allowed to post personal auctions. I think this is a great way for members to make a little extra money and get rid of unwanted items, but I have no problems taking away the privilege from those that abuse it.

Last edited by kbsocial; January 29th, 2005 at 3:44pm.
  Old  January 29th, 2005, 12:10pm     #3
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Please Please Please list your end dates in the title - I have gone through and updated them as I see them. I am going to start deleting those with no end date listed in the title or no end date listed at all. If you inadvertently leave it off - please PM me and I will fix it

Last edited by kbsocial; February 2nd, 2005 at 3:08pm.
  Old  January 29th, 2005, 3:45pm     #4
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

5 Auctions Per Member Starting 2/1/05
Due to the overwhelming response to this area we are going to have to reduce the number of concurrent running auctions from 10 to 5. Please only bump your contest once every 24 hours so that everyone has a fair chance for their auction to be seen.

Also ~ do not bid on an auction if you are not going to follow through and pay for it. On the flip side, do not offer something up for bid that you end up not sending out - this all plays into the good traders/bad traders and I don't like having to deal with bad traders

Thanks so much for your cooperation!!! After 2/1/05 I will merge this into the guidelines but wanted to make sure everyone reads this
  Old  February 9th, 2005, 2:55pm     #5
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Please List End Date And End Times ~ 2/9!!
I have received several complaints about people not listing end times. In addition to always listing an end date, please also list an end time. Ending an auction whenever you feel like it will no longer be acceptable and will be deleted without warning, same as any without end dates. Let's give everyone a fair chance at a last minute bid
  Old  February 17th, 2005, 10:27pm     #6
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Unfortunately I have had to delete quite a few auctions tonight that listed NO end time - remember that no end time and/or no end date will result in automatic deletion with no notice. Also please remember to include time zones in your end times
  Old  July 26th, 2005, 8:53am     #7
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Just a reminder that OLS does not allow the sale of replica/knock off products
  Old  October 19th, 2005, 8:05pm     #8
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Just a reminder that only 5 auctions may be running at the same time. If your auction is deleted, this is your warning
  Old  January 31st, 2010, 4:44pm     #9
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

Please remember to post your thread in the correct forum of Prize Exchange.

Main Prize Exchange - is where you post trades (ie: you have something FSOT)

Wanted is only to post items you want not to list your trades.

Site Auction is for eBay type auctions

Personal Auctions is for running an OLS auction with a specific start/end date and all the required details. You cannot end a Personal Auction early or at first bid.

I have had to move 5 or 6 threads out of Personal Auctions into main Prize Exchange as they were in the wrong spot. Do not list your trade items in personal auctions put them in main PE.

Thanks

LipSense & SeneGence beauty, OLS members get free shipping. PM for details.
Buzz's Trade List
  Old  May 15th, 2012, 1:44am     #10
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

Time for another reminder.

Quote:
ALL AUCTIONS MUST HAVE A SET END DATE (and time zone)!! Please list your end date, end time and time zone in the title. Threads with no end date, time and time zone listed in the title or no end date, time listed at all will be deleted.

Auctions must have a clear list of the items being auctioned. Please list the exact items that are being bid on in your auction so there is no confusion for bidders. Mystery Auctions/Surprise Boxes are not allowed.

Auctions must list the type of payment accepted (ie: paypal, money order) and any shipping costs so there is no confusion for bidders.
Violations of the rules for personal auctions will result in your thread being deleted. Please review the rules before posting an auction.

Buzz's Trade List
  Old  January 2nd, 2014, 9:40am     #11
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

Please remember to come back and close your thread once the auction is over.

Close thread:

Go to thread and click the Edit button
Click Go Advanced
Scroll to bottom left and click on the box that says "Close this thread after you submit message"
Click save and your thread will be closed

Buzz's Trade List
  Old  May 6th, 2014, 6:33pm     #12
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

Time for a reminder of rules. Prize Exchange is meant to be a place for members to sell or trade wins. It is not the place to run a business to make a profit. The rules are as follows:

Quote:
posts offering items for sale or trade from which you intend to make an explicit profit are not allowed- more specifically, anything that you purchase with the intention of being able to sell it for a profit. This includes any sort of commissions or fees. Prizes that you won (and therefore paid nothing for) DO NOT fall under this rule.
If you have a business you can post one thread in Business Classifieds listing your business and a link to it. Please do not post your business products in other areas of PE.

Buzz's Trade List
  Old  April 5th, 2015, 3:00pm     #13
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

Time for a reminder of the rules

Quote:
Auctions must run through their listed end date and time, closing an auction early without the permission of a Moderator is not allowed.
Please make sure you are not closing your auctions early without approval from a Moderator. If you make an error in your title and need us to change the date, PM one of us. It is not fair to members to have an auction end early.

Buzz's Trade List
Closed Thread