Old  September 13th, 2018, 1:26pm     #1
SweepingBeauty
Grand Master Sweeper

Empty Nest
Finally!

I want to encourage those who are bored, twiddling thumbs to take up a hobby, volunteer, nap, crank up your music, watch your shows, and make new friends.

I rewebbed 6 lawnchairs this week, fixed a car window, yardwork, and replaced my headlight bulbs.

Share your thoughts or suggestions...

Fighting Thyroid Cancer http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1248254
  Old  September 16th, 2018, 1:46am     #2
Quell
Sweeper

It has been about 7 years since my husband and I became empty nesters. I admit that I didn't handle it very well. I was so sad and empty for months! It took quite a while before I became OK with the fact that my 2 boys were out on their own and living their own lives.

Now that several years have passed.....well I can say that my husband and I are loving our life! We basically started out our marriage with a child so we never really got any time when it was just the 2 of us.

Work keeps me busy but I just enjoy my time with my husband with no distractions. I love it when the kids come to visit though. I wish they lived closer.

I am glad you are loving the empty nest life!

My only suggestion is taking up knitting or crocheting. I am trying to learn to crochet right now. It is a practical hobby.
  Old  October 10th, 2018, 7:43pm     #3
udalum
Master Sweeper

Do something that you always wanted to do. I found a job tutoring. I loved it, but it was too far away. I volunteered at a school that was 5 minutes away. I found a job as a sub. instructional assistant at that school district. I get to name my own hours and the children are so wonderful. The people at the school appreciate me, and I appreciate them, too. The teachers are very great!