Old  December 15th, 2015, 6:57pm     #706
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnutfall View Post
I am loving looking through the holiday issue all 128 pages plus some of the other magazines that are free to look at...if I had the money I'd probably subscribe to their paid content area

I think the ice candles are cute with the starfish and cedar pieces...
I missed those in my browsing. I do like that they used what they had collected from the beach.

Working on filling two flower boxes with bittersweet for Christmas, winter, and valentine day decor for the outdoor kitchen/bistro. DH cut drywall edging for me to fit in each box and I'm attaching the bittersweet with floral wire. Then I will attach the drywall edging to the flowerbox holder.

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  December 16th, 2015, 2:34pm     #707
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResourcePress View Post
I missed those in my browsing. I do like that they used what they had collected from the beach.

Working on filling two flower boxes with bittersweet for Christmas, winter, and valentine day decor for the outdoor kitchen/bistro. DH cut drywall edging for me to fit in each box and I'm attaching the bittersweet with floral wire. Then I will attach the drywall edging to the flowerbox holder.
Oh, please do share the photos of the flower boxes with bittersweet!
  Old  December 17th, 2015, 1:07am     #708
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Oh, please do share the photos of the flower boxes with bittersweet!
First picture shows the two flower boxes w/ bittersweet.

Second picture shows the metal that I attached the bittersweet to w/ silver wire. Then I used the brown coated wire to attach the bittersweet on metal to the flower box holder. In the spring it should be easy to loosen the brown coated wire and totally take out the bittersweet and use it somewhere else in my outdoor decor.

Love FREE for decor!
DH likes the look but he mentioned that I should trim the ends. LOL. I like the wild look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151216_162743.jpg (96.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 20151216_162831.jpg (103.7 KB, 26 views)

Old  December 30th, 2015, 10:25am     #709
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
First picture shows the two flower boxes w/ bittersweet.

Second picture shows the metal that I attached the bittersweet to w/ silver wire. Then I used the brown coated wire to attach the bittersweet on metal to the flower box holder. In the spring it should be easy to loosen the brown coated wire and totally take out the bittersweet and use it somewhere else in my outdoor decor.

Love FREE for decor!
DH likes the look but he mentioned that I should trim the ends. LOL. I like the wild look.

I like your presentation!

Is the paint splashed paint, an application you applied? Where do you buy that nice sheet metal?
Sheet rock in my area would never work outside...
  Old  December 30th, 2015, 10:43am     #710
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
I like your presentation!

Is the paint splashed paint, an application you applied? Where do you buy that nice sheet metal?
Sheet rock in my area would never work outside...
Thank you!

The strips of sheet metal can be found at any Lowes or HomeDepot store and it is used when installing sheetrock.

I hand painted several wood sheets, first with white prime, and then used a large brush to stroke on gray. Then I drizzled on the blue color of the outdoor kitchen doors (much like that HGTV house several years ago, see pic).Finally I splashed on some red, to mimic the berries of the bittersweet. Wood sheets are only temporary to protect the outdoor kitchen doors. Next year we'll put some concrete or something for the bistro area.

Old  December 30th, 2015, 11:25am     #711
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Thank you!

The strips of sheet metal can be found at any Lowes or HomeDepot store and it is used when installing sheetrock.

I hand painted several wood sheets, first with white prime, and then used a large brush to stroke on gray. Then I drizzled on the blue color of the outdoor kitchen doors (much like that HGTV house several years ago, see pic).Finally I splashed on some red, to mimic the berries of the bittersweet. Wood boards are only temporary to protect the outdoor kitchen doors. Next year we'll put some concrete or something for the bistro area.

Thank you...I thought the splattered paint background material was sheet metal...it looked like it was sanded with a circular sanding pad...You did a great job on the painting, design and your hubby construction is nice...makes for a really nice curb appeal...I did recognize the sheet metal edge cornor piece for the drywall.

I love the sliding doors and hardware in the HGTV photo...remember to enter the HGTV Dream Home giveaway, Day 2!
  Old  December 30th, 2015, 11:44am     #712
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Thank you...I thought the splattered paint background material was sheet metal...it looked like it was sanded with a circular sanding pad...You did a great job on the painting, design and your hubby construction is nice...makes for a really nice curb appeal...I did recognize the sheet metal edge cornor piece for the drywall.

I love the sliding doors and hardware in the HGTV photo...remember to enter the HGTV Dream Home giveaway, Day 2!
TY! I took a four week course, once a week, abstract painting course at my local art museum and it has really helped me be bolder in what I paint.

I'm making a sign to go between the two flower boxes, think European café style.
And I have two bistro tables to put in front of the two sliding doors.

A picture is attached to show the style but mine will be different of course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08513ffae2bb21222bb7d72f51dd9685.jpg (106.1 KB, 15 views)

Old  December 30th, 2015, 11:37pm     #713
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Very Cool....

http://www.remodelaholic.com/diy-ind...w-shower-door/
  Old  February 2nd, 2016, 2:06pm     #714
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

I love a challenge...

Small galley kitchen...98 sq ft wall to wall and of course the two sides of counters, sink w/window above, stove takes up most of this...opens to dinning area, door to garage at the other end with the entry (cabinet depth) from the front hall next the door to the garage...

I haven't done any searching at this point, just thinking about how hard, would be to not replace the kitchen sink cabinet but to retro it with added support bracing to install a farm house sink?

I have a small budget $ 4000 (figure $1800 for appliances floor model scratch and dent or great sale) and need all new appliances (probably a coil top electric 4 burner from GE)...new counters, cabinets re-stained and a new floor...haven't had a dishwasher for over four years, the stove is over 30 years old as is the floor, sink...need a new refrig because of physical limitations (it will be a freezer on the bottom and under 19cu ft) can't do any of the work ourselves except...Might have just the doors and drawers taken down and re-stained....the face box and the sides hubby Might...do...

Going to need to probably get a remnant for the flooring and counter tops- open to creative options...

Might go with classic white appliances and farm house style, though hubby will not let the beautiful grained wood cabinets get painted...

I must think of re-sale potential too..though we will probably stay put would love some land...
  Old  February 2nd, 2016, 2:10pm     #715
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:

Love it!
And this same concept can be used to make an office space look industrial. TY for sharing.

Old  February 2nd, 2016, 2:12pm     #716
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

I will continue to try to win appliances, flooring and gift cards before next fall...
  Old  February 2nd, 2016, 2:22pm     #717
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

install farmhouse sink existing counter

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...isting+counter

how to convert a regular kitchen sink cabenit to support a farm house sink HA! with a mis-spelled word
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

how to convert a regular kitchen sink cabinet to support a farm house sink
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...arm+house+sink

Domsjo Farmhouse Sink
https://www.google.com/search?q=Doms...utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://www.houzz.com/photos/35670791...-kitchen-sinks

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions...se-sink-advice
  Old  February 2nd, 2016, 2:59pm     #718
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Hubby replace the kitchen faucet (chrome) back in May...I do have another faucet in the box (bronze)

the sink is beyond repair it is duck taped and rusted edges and the holes on the edges are sealed with some silicon sealer oh...so attractive... NOT

I have a used sink, a Kohler double sided in almond that is in storage it water hasn't damaged the under side then I could use that and wait on a dream farmhouse sink...but I am thinking White is really the color to go with...Don't you think??

I bought a used light fixture (I am guessing from the mid 1980's) the other day for $12.50 (this was half price on that color tag at the thrift store) will need new wiring and a big light bulb I will rub the shiny brass top part with some stuff from the craft store to turn it bronze...I don't think I will use the trim rim around the bottom of the white ceramic... the similar new ones are way over $100.00

I have a pretty pendant I bought new (still in the box) stored for over the sink seems like it wil be easy to convert the flood to the pendant...

At some point...
I also want to have the bathroom counter redone with a stone remnant the sink changed out to a square one and a new faucet...have new towel rack cabinet will need to be re-stained and window frame wood, dry rot repair (may do this sooner rather than later) new flooring and new fan replace huge plate glass mirror that is silvering (will probably cut it down and use for crafts) the mirror slid off the support a few years back and for $20.00 a man from the hardware store rehung with new mirror clips...Walmart has some nice mirrors.. I have new shower curtain and waste can...
  Old  February 2nd, 2016, 4:16pm     #719
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

http://design-bloggers-conference.co...e-awards-2016/

The link has hot links to each nominated design blog... each blog will be wonderful to explore!

You are here: Home / Hall of Fame Awards 2016
Hall of Fame Awards 2016

dbc-hof-150See the list of Finalists below and cast your vote!

Design Bloggers…it’s your time to be recognized on the global new media stage! We are excited to announce that nominations for the Design Bloggers Hall of Fame are now open. We are also excited to announce that this year’s awards will be sponsored by Traditional Home, our National Media sponsor. The role of the Hall of Fame is to recognize excellence in blogging and new media in the field of interior design. Each year, a new set of outstanding design blogs will become eligible through an open, online nomination process leading up to the ultimate recognition as Hall of Fame inductee.

The winners, and runner ups, will be determined through a combination of ratings by a panel of judges and a public vote. The awards will be presented live, and the inductees recognized during the 2016 Design Bloggers Conference at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta on March 7, 2016.

Here are the list of Finalists, with a link so you can check them out:
BEST OVERALL
Ace of Space
Marker Girl
Connecticut Country House
Design Milk
Laurel Bern Interiors

BEST GRAPHICS
Design Lovers
The Pink Pagoda
Thou Swell
French Country Cottage
The Jungalow

BEST WRITING
Style Carrot
Laurel Bern Interiors
Cozy, Stylish, Chic
Saxon Henry
Lisa Mende Design

BEST NEW
Live Stylish Daily
Return on Interiors
Art of Outdoor Living
  Old  February 10th, 2016, 6:32pm     #720
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MD-Buildi...7026/202091747
Leathergrain Aluminum Sheet in Silver (fairly thin Product Thickness (in.) ) wonder what thickness would be suitable for a counter top

0.019 in

Very cool for a counter top or back-splash area...wondering how it would take some type of color treatment? Would like to find in longer length and counter top depth ....faux leather I am thinking of how expensive Ann Sacks leather tile is per ft....(so cost prohibitive)

other options
http://www.homedepot.com/s/Aluminum%...Sleeved?NCNI-5
this would be cool for the inset of a cabinet door instead of fabric or for a screen....

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-...-100071450-_-N
flashing Gauge 0.0092

Tags
decorate, decorating, home, paint, remodel