Old  December 5th, 2013, 2:34am     #646
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

Still working on my new decor. I have to remove some border wallpaper, which is a pain! Also finish painting the wood trim on my two chairs, stain the new sofa legs and drill the holes for them, and probably sew curtains/drapes for the living room. Don't think it will be done before Christmas.

PS - Oops the chair is sideways! This is one of the two that I need to paint the wood trim white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.3 KB, 12 views)
  Old  December 5th, 2013, 1:32pm     #647
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoGirl View Post
Still working on my new decor. I have to remove some border wallpaper, which is a pain! Also finish painting the wood trim on my two chairs, stain the new sofa legs and drill the holes for them, and probably sew curtains/drapes for the living room. Don't think it will be done before Christmas.

PS - Oops the chair is sideways! This is one of the two that I need to paint the wood trim white.

What a beautiful chair, nice that you have a set. Sounds like you are a busy woman. Looking forward to see the completed project.
  Old  December 5th, 2013, 4:12pm     #648
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

Thanks Chestnutfall - It was a light beige and I used fabric paint to make it pink. Came out a bit brighter than I wanted, so the other chair is lighter. I am going to put the brighter one in my bedroom and leave the other one in the LR.
  Old  January 15th, 2014, 5:12pm     #649
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Been working on the kitchen and it IS that hard to find the right white, at least for me. Putting some photos here for anyone to give me suggestions on just the right white for the cabinets. Don't want ultra-stark, nor do I want creamy yellow. TY for your input and happy new year my fellow DDs.

First photo is the beige that will be the walls (Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan), surrounded by three different BenMoore whites. In the center is the black color of the island and the serving buffet/hutch. (This painted samplearea will be tiled over later.)

Second photo is the stove wall showing tiles, stainless, and dishware.

Third photo is samples of window fabric, laminate countertop, marble wall tiles, and laminate wood floors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ddkitchenwhites.JPG (81.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg ddkitchenstovewall.jpg (34.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg ddkitchenfabriccounterwallfloor.JPG (84.9 KB, 33 views)

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  January 16th, 2014, 11:57am     #650
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResourcePress View Post
Been working on the kitchen and it IS that hard to find the right white, at least for me. Putting some photos here for anyone to give me suggestions on just the right white for the cabinets. Don't want ultra-stark, nor do I want creamy yellow. TY for your input and happy new year my fellow DDs.

First photo is the beige that will be the walls (Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan), surrounded by three different BenMoore whites. In the center is the black color of the island and the serving buffet/hutch. (This painted samplearea will be tiled over later.)

Third photo is samples of window fabric, laminate countertop, marble wall tiles, and laminate wood floors.

the 2nd photo is that how it currently is? Manchester Tan I have considered many a times for myself.

I'll respond back.
  Old  January 16th, 2014, 12:26pm     #651
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnutfall View Post
the 2nd photo is that how it currently is? Manchester Tan I have considered many a times for myself.

I'll respond back.

Yes the second photo shows the stainless and the marble wall tile, but not the Manchester Tan paint. That is in photo 1. Photo three mostly shows the curtain fabric and the countertop material. TY for your input!

I'll try to take another photo showing the locations of the island, window, and stove wall.

Old  January 16th, 2014, 1:12pm     #652
foolofatook
Master Sweeper

Quote:

White is the WORST!!! lol I tried and tried for a certain white for our walls then went with color because I couldnt take it anymore! They all look white until you see them next to each other, then suddenly they're gray, blue, brown etc. So Im no help. lol But I love your open shelves above the stove!
  Old  January 16th, 2014, 1:36pm     #653
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolofatook View Post
White is the WORST!!! lol I tried and tried for a certain white for our walls then went with color because I couldnt take it anymore! They all look white until you see them next to each other, then suddenly they're gray, blue, brown etc. So Im no help. lol But I love your open shelves above the stove!

I KNOW! What is that about?!?!?! All of a sudden all these other colors in them POP out, even pinks and yellows. LOL. But I'm still trying.

TY! We really love the look of those open shelves with that marble.

We may wait until everything else is in place, and then figure out the cabinet paint color.

Have fun w/ your fabrics and colors and materials my DDs!

Old  January 19th, 2014, 8:45pm     #654
Pumpkin&Tulip
Senior Sweeper

Loving the look resource press! Stove, shelves and tile look great!
Off the top of my head I can't remember the name of the color (an off white) I used for my cabinets, but I do still love it! It was a lucky pick!
However, Chalk paint specifically, Annie Sloan chalk paint is really grabbing my attention. I saw a kitchen the other day that knocked mine out of the park and she did it herself! Just took a lot of sanding and prep...might be time to do mine again...LOL!
Oh....Don't tell my husband

Old  January 19th, 2014, 11:46pm     #655
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin&Tulip View Post
Loving the look resource press! Stove, shelves and tile look great!
Off the top of my head I can't remember the name of the color (an off white) I used for my cabinets, but I do still love it! It was a lucky pick!
However, Chalk paint specifically, Annie Sloan chalk paint is really grabbing my attention. I saw a kitchen the other day that knocked mine out of the park and she did it herself! Just took a lot of sanding and prep...might be time to do mine again...LOL!
Oh....Don't tell my husband
TY and mums the word.

I had forgotten about her paints. Maybe I'll request some sample colors from her palette of goodies... http://www.anniesloan.com/acatalog/United_Kingdom.html

Let me know if you find your off white paint color. I still haven't found just the right one and painting cabinets is a long job that I don't want to redo.

Old  January 28th, 2014, 10:43am     #656
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Walls have been painted in Manchester Tan.

Picture below shows the Simply White that might be the cabinets and trim in my kitch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg simplywhitecabinetsformykitch.jpg (91.5 KB, 20 views)

Old  January 28th, 2014, 1:33pm     #657
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Walls have been painted in Manchester Tan.

Picture below shows the Simply White that might be the cabinets and trim in my kitch.

You must be so excited to be seeing your dream kitchen, coming alive!
So how are you loving the M. Tan? I think that to the left of the stove in the photo, you have a patch of M. Tan on the lover part of the wall?

Have you thought of going a little darker on the flooring?
Whites can be tricky. Looking at your other materials it looks like you do not want a stark white. The background of your fabric is more of a cream and your lovely bowls have a cream w/yellow undertones.
Since you have some wonderful grey in your wall tiles have you thought about having the white paint tinted with a dab of neutral light grey, for the cabinets? Or a beige/with yellow undertone? Is your counter top material the item w/medallion sticker? The background field on that is a very stark white.
Love the sourced photo you shared.

I am so looking forward to seeing your finished dream kitchen !!!

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-ca/f...avourite-greys

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...h=651#imgdii=_

http://beautifulkitchensblog.co.uk/2...hades-of-grey/

http://www.houzz.com/manchester-tan
5 photo down on the right a kitchen painted M. Tan & a grey base colored island

http://www.pinterest.com/explore/manchester-tan/
  Old  January 29th, 2014, 3:36pm     #658
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnutfall View Post
You must be so excited to be seeing your dream kitchen, coming alive!
So how are you loving the M. Tan? I think that to the left of the stove in the photo, you have a patch of M. Tan on the lover part of the wall?

Have you thought of going a little darker on the flooring?
TY for the links and the suggestions. Even my husband is loving the kitchen progress. I served him a beer at the kitchen island last night before dinner.

M Tan goes well with what we have in the kitchen, especially the wall tiles. Yes that little patch was M Tan!

I will be painting the island black, to pick up that color in the curtains. Not going to worry that I couldn't find a fabric with my white in it. Going to play up the browns and black in the curtain. Bar stools are browns and the flooring has browns and near blacks.

TY for the gray paint suggestion but going to stick with a white. The BenMoore Simply White has something added to it, so it is not a pure white. Don't want to do any more gray so the stainless will stand out in the kitchen.

Flooring has already been bought. 2nd photo shows that, as laid out in the mudroom.

First photo is from one of your links, showing black and white kitchen mellowed with some wood. Most of those B&W kitchens were too stark and too much contrast for me. I like wood and some cream thrown in.

TY for the suggestions. Still thinking about the Simply White. Third photo shows the Simply White and the Snowfall White.

Happy decorating all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackandwhitekitchmellowedwithwood.jpg (7.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg kitchenfloor.jpg (25.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg kitchenwhites.JPG (58.2 KB, 7 views)

Old  January 30th, 2014, 11:15am     #659
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
TY for the links and the suggestions. Even my husband is loving the kitchen progress. I served him a beer at the kitchen island last night before dinner.

M Tan goes well with what we have in the kitchen, especially the wall tiles. Yes that little patch was M Tan!

I will be painting the island black, to pick up that color in the curtains. Not going to worry that I couldn't find a fabric with my white in it. Going to play up the browns and black in the curtain. Bar stools are browns and the flooring has browns and near blacks.

TY for the gray paint suggestion but going to stick with a white. The BenMoore Simply White has something added to it, so it is not a pure white. Don't want to do any more gray so the stainless will stand out in the kitchen.

Flooring has already been bought. 2nd photo shows that, as laid out in the mudroom.

First photo is from one of your links, showing black and white kitchen mellowed with some wood. Most of those B&W kitchens were too stark and too much contrast for me. I like wood and some cream thrown in.

TY for the suggestions. Still thinking about the Simply White. Third photo shows the Simply White and the Snowfall White.

Happy decorating all!

Glad to hear that your husband is enjoying the kitchen island. I sure like that floor. It is hard to make a decision on a white paint color. I agree that too much grey isn't a good idea.
Thank you, for being gracious toward me.
  Old  January 31st, 2014, 10:29am     #660
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

TY for the input!

I'll post my questions and pictures as we do more.

Heading to the paint store to get more samples.

Tags
decorate, decorating, home, paint, remodel