Old  July 3rd, 2007, 7:37pm     #76
nello86
Senior Sweeper

Smile Anyone from Long Island attending?
I am thinking of signing up soon and wondering if any other Long Island, NY people will be attending. Thanks

JD
  Old  July 3rd, 2007, 10:11pm     #77
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

There will be quite a bit from New York coming down. There were 30 last year from New York alone. Not sure what sections though, but that don't matter. We all bond quickly regardless so get that registration in!! We'll be looking for you there. Right Rob.

Last year we had the nametags labeled for those attending their first convention so that they could be quickly helped and acquainted to everyone there that knew the ropes. It works out so much better than having first timers going in circles wondering what to do. That's what the nationals do too. Will talke to Rob and Patty about it. Just come before it all gets sold out.
  Old  July 4th, 2007, 8:38am     #78
Sktngmom
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
Last year we had the nametags labeled for those attending their first convention so that they could be quickly helped and acquainted to everyone there that knew the ropes. It works out so much better than having first timers going in circles wondering what to do.
This sounds like a great idea. It will be my first time and I do not know anyone, so this would help a lot.

Old  July 4th, 2007, 9:42am     #79
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sktngmom
This sounds like a great idea. It will be my first time and I do not know anyone, so this would help a lot.
You'll be hangin with us girlie!!!
  Old  July 4th, 2007, 9:49am     #80
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nello86
I am thinking of signing up soon and wondering if any other Long Island, NY people will be attending. Thanks

JD
JD, you have to sign up and be a part of the fun! We're going to have a blast and you will learn all kinds of cool stuff about sweepstaking. We'll even have a special sweepstaker celebrity who is very cool!

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  July 4th, 2007, 9:50am     #81
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
There will be quite a bit from New York coming down. There were 30 last year from New York alone. Not sure what sections though, but that don't matter. We all bond quickly regardless so get that registration in!! We'll be looking for you there. Right Rob.

Last year we had the nametags labeled for those attending their first convention so that they could be quickly helped and acquainted to everyone there that knew the ropes. It works out so much better than having first timers going in circles wondering what to do. That's what the nationals do too. Will talke to Rob and Patty about it. Just come before it all gets sold out.

Carol, you are right. We will not leave our newcomers hangin'! You will be meeting so many new friends and everyone will cheer when they hear your name announced as a winner in one of our many giveaways.

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  July 4th, 2007, 9:51am     #82
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sktngmom
You need to come up to me and introduce yourself. I will be very busy, but I will definitely want to talk to you and hear some of your sweep stories!

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  July 4th, 2007, 12:32pm     #83
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Yup, you'll come knowing no one and go home knowing 200!! When Rob says they cheer when you win he is in no way kidding. It gets crazier than a bingo parlor when someone yells Bingo. I still can remember the OLS crowd when my name was called out in Moline. I had just met them the night before and had gone out knowing only the person I was traveling with. When they called my name this amass of cheering came from the back of the room and guess who it was. It was great.

Last year they had me laughing so hard when we called the winner's name that I had to regroup a couple of times. You'd think some won the million dollar lottery and it was maybe a roll of stamps. The electricity in the air was out of this world. I cannot wait to go this year!! And it looks like there are a lot of new ones coming which is great.

Hope to see more OLSers signing on soon!! It's well worth every penny. :bluesbros
  Old  July 12th, 2007, 10:36am     #84
demmi
Master Sweeper

Hey I am not on the list but I am coming and I know it will be a blast
  Old  July 12th, 2007, 10:51am     #85
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by demmi
Hey I am not on the list but I am coming and I know it will be a blast
Can't wait to see you there!!!

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  July 12th, 2007, 12:43pm     #86
minera
Senior Master Sweeper

okay we are signing up (my husband and I) if there is room still available?

Old  July 16th, 2007, 1:01am     #87
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Yes, there is still room available, but I did hear that they are starting to come in steady now. I wouldn't wait too long. In fact, it would be a great, great big help to Patty and all of us if any of you are planning on coming to hurry and send in the registrations now so that we can sell out early and know where we stand.

A lot of the planning is dependant on the budge and that is based on who all is coming. Think we are about half way there and that is with no real pushing it yet. Will be posting in all of the newsletters shortly so they'll start going fast.

And this will be Patty if we sell out fast.... and here will be Rob

Old  July 16th, 2007, 6:36am     #88
minera
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Yes, there is still room available, but I did hear that they are starting to come in steady now. I wouldn't wait too long. In fact, it would be a great, great big help to Patty and all of us if any of you are planning on coming to hurry and send in the registrations now so that we can sell out early and know where we stand.

A lot of the planning is dependant on the budge and that is based on who all is coming. Think we are about half way there and that is with no real pushing it yet. Will be posting in all of the newsletters shortly so they'll start going fast.

And this will be Patty if we sell out fast.... and here will be Rob

sent in my registration last week

Old  July 16th, 2007, 9:48am     #89
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minera

YAY!!! That is fabulous
  Old  July 16th, 2007, 10:21am     #90
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by minera
Great! Now that you have sent your registration, you are entered to win a Hersheypark prize package!

And, you are definitely going to have so much fun at the convention! We are having the best vendors, educational speakers, karaoke on Friday night, a banquet on Saturday night, and of course TONS of WINNING!

If you want to receive additional entries into the Hersheypark contest, visit http://www.hersheyminiconvention.com/hersheypark.htm every day!

Can't wait to meet you in October!

-Rob

Rob's 2014 wins