Old  February 4th, 2018, 11:53am     #1
alansax
Senior Sweeper

Big Changes In Entering Sweepstakes
More and more sweepstakes are going to social media. The days of entering sweepstakes on company web pages or promotion companies websites is becoming less and less. Due to this fact it is becoming apparent to me that not only do you have to enter sweepstakes but you have to promote yourself more on social media. This will be my goal in 2018. Will review at end of year to see if it makes a big difference in number of wins.

May 2018 be a great year for wins for you all!!

My 2017 Wins
My 2018 Wins
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 12:14pm     #2
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Social media does nothing for wins for me... Some sweeps you have to be the #1 referer to win.. I can't even get one person to click any of my links I tweet .. even when they like them.

All I see is bothering the crap out of others on my FB page who are not into sweepstakes. And on twitter, you have to worry about getting locked out for tweeting what they deem to be "robotic tweets" ..

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 12:26pm     #3
Yipperbear
Junior Sweeper

Really??
When you block people for no good reason ,,,,,,
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 12:35pm     #4
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Well if that's the case I guess I'll be winning less or sticking more to blogs. I currently have hundreds of sweeper "friends" on Facebook and so far very few of them ever help by entering through my links. I am actually at the point of wanting to get rid of most of them.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 1:18pm     #5
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

I still prefer the ole fashion way when all I needed to provide was name, addy, and maybe phone and DOB. Social media sights want to know where you shop, what you shop for, who you shop with, etc., etc....you give up all rights to your personal info and then you wonder where all the SPAM comes from.
My friends don't need FB to contact me and I 'like' it that way.
Sweeping is just a hobby and I don't rely on it to pay my bills but wins are always appreciated. I won't sell out my friends for a new toaster or blender (but would gladly gift an extra appliance that I do not need).

America: Love it or give it back.
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 1:21pm     #6
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper

..everything has a beginning and an end, I will enter no matter how it goes.. FB is loaded with drama, but think I have all the prime suspects in check.. good luck

MY WINS Could you spare some box tops?
FSOT
http://frvetere.blogspot.com/
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 2:32pm     #7
royalprincess
Senior Master Sweeper

I do not do facebook, instagram or twitter. My employer made me sign up for slack. I still do not see the point of it all.

ROYALPRINCESS
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 4:51pm     #8
susan1215
Senior Master Sweeper

I'm fine entering sweepstakes on twitter, FB, Pinterest and Instagram. In fact one of my biggest wins of a $2500 GC to Staples was from twitter. I just not comfortable posting pictures of me and/or my family which I see more often is a requirement to enter a sweepstakes on social media.
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 5:11pm     #9
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1215 View Post
I'm fine entering sweepstakes on twitter, FB, Pinterest and Instagram. In fact one of my biggest wins of a $2500 GC to Staples was from twitter. I just not comfortable posting pictures of me and/or my family which I see more often is a requirement to enter a sweepstakes on social media.
I really wonder how many people they lose by requiring photos? I'd think they would want the most people involved with their product in the sweepstakes and not require things that limit entries.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 6:36pm     #10
hare2Win
Master Sweeper

I still see it as entering by a wide variety of methods. But yes if you aren't doing social media then you are cutting out chances to win. I joined twitter in 2008 and have won over $20K in large prizes and countless smaller prizes on there. But last year (2017) our 2 biggest wins of the year ($10K and $8250) came from instant win and text. You really need to enter via every method available.
Good Luck!

“Luck is believing you're lucky.” - Tennessee Williams
  Old  February 4th, 2018, 6:57pm     #11
fozzy331
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yipperbear View Post
When you block people for no good reason ,,,,,,

Yep me too for absolutely nothing
  Old  February 5th, 2018, 5:31pm     #12
stah
Master Sweeper

They are using social media to expand their free advertising with us as the advertisers. I don't do the referral or "tag" for the most part. Yeah, I don't win, but oh well.
  Old  February 5th, 2018, 5:57pm     #13
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stah View Post
They are using social media to expand their free advertising with us as the advertisers. I don't do the referral or "tag" for the most part. Yeah, I don't win, but oh well.
I played their game and did their advertising for free and still didn't win squat. I refuse to be a sucker so for the most part I put very little effort into FB sweeps.

The voting contest are the worst. Even with the few friends I help out (I don't enter them) I sometime spend a lot of time voting for them only to find that someone did something underhanded to them and they lost when they should have won.

I pretty much cringe when I see a rafflecopter form or have the next page go to here is your unique link share for a better chance of winning. BS!!!
  Old  February 5th, 2018, 7:13pm     #14
obxhatteraslight
Grand Master Sweeper

I just
have a facebook account to enter sweeps and have one friend that I follow. Can not deal with the drama

Old  February 5th, 2018, 7:27pm     #15
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

If FB would do something about these sweepstakes following their rules like they harass us sweepers, maybe it would be more tolerable!