Old  January 29th, 2018, 1:10am     #1
thealfa
Senior Sweeper

has anyone here ever won a car at a car show?
You know those contest where you sit next to the car and whoever leaves last wins the car? Has anyone here ever won a car that way? Usually car shows run these contests. I'm not sure if the winner have to pay taxes on the car or if there are terms and conditions that apply and or how long can one really stay put? I've heard of people that travel to car shows and stay at hotels so that they can "camp out" and actually pursue in winning the car by just simply being dedicated in being "last man standing" lol.

Also, I'm curious if the cars they show at car shows are actually also for sale and are priced to sell considering its a display model? I've heard of someone talking about cars are also sold at car shows. I'm not sure if what was meant was that anyone can purchase the car there directly without going to a car dealership. I'm sure the display models are also sold to consumers, right?

Save extra 20% off on local deals such as oil changes, car repairs, car washes, restaurants, and more!

https://www.groupon.com/visitor_refe...9-ab86f532bd2f
  Old  January 29th, 2018, 12:30pm     #2
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I remember that from the 70's .. a local car dealership ( Dodge ) had it.. I soooo wanted to be in on it, but I was under the minimum age. I think it took 3 days or so for a winner.. And back then, no one came from out of the area that I ever heard of.. it was someone from a neighboring city who won. I think it was a local contest for only a handful of cities.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 29th, 2018, 12:41pm     #3
chrissybum
Master Sweeper

years ago; my mother-in-law won a volkswagon beetle from a bank promotion.

Chrissy
Apple iPod (arv $300)
10 personal trainer sessions & 4 hours nutritionist (arv $1400) dvd (arv $20)
Trip to LA for taping of Will & Grace show($3000)
  Old  January 29th, 2018, 9:58pm     #4
jking513
Master Sweeper

Around 15-20 years ago my husband's grandfather won a corvette from one of those drawings they do at the state fair. I competed (also at the state fair) in the Jeep Stick in the Mud contest. Had to traipse around in a giant pool of mud to find sticks, each worth a certain amount of points. I didn't make it out of the first round. It was one of the first sweeps I ever entered on here:

Jeep - Stick in the Mud Challenge premium

1x per person/email | home page entry form | short survey | 10 notes 15 stars link

Grand Prize: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (ARV $20,500).
Runner-Up Prizes (3): Jeep-branded merchandise (ARV $150).
Participant Prizes (up to 120): Admission for two to the State Fair of Texas in Dallas, TX on September 29, 2006; includes one-day parking in Official State Fair Parking lot and compete in the Jeep "Stick In The Mud" Challenge Qualification Rounds for an opportunity to win the Grand Prize or Runner-Up Prizes [no transportation] (ARV $31).
Comments: Essay is not required. Selected participants will wade through a giant mud pit, collecting sticks and earning points to win the Grand Prize. No transportation to event in Dallas, TX.

official rules archive | Open to residents of the 50 United States & D.C. 18+ (void in FL & NY)

expires Friday, September 15, 2006 @ 5:00pm ET

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." Bullet Tooth Tony