Old  December 12th, 2017, 9:36am     #121
pcontester
Senior Master Sweeper

I have had some luck contacting sponsors. Just got off the phone with Folgers and they were very nice and will look into it. I explained that it reflected badly on the sponsor when we couldn't get thru to their website.

I also had a response from Intel although they referred me to another link and of course to respond you needed a reCaptcha so that didn't help.

If more people contacted sponsors maybe Google would pay attention. Many times contact emails or phone numbers are on the websites.
  Old  December 12th, 2017, 9:58am     #122
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcontester View Post
I have had some luck contacting sponsors. Just got off the phone with Folgers and they were very nice and will look into it. I explained that it reflected badly on the sponsor when we couldn't get thru to their website.

I also had a response from Intel although they referred me to another link and of course to respond you needed a reCaptcha so that didn't help.

If more people contacted sponsors maybe Google would pay attention. Many times contact emails or phone numbers are on the websites.
I've contacted several and gotten no response.. I contacted the marketing agency directly on one .. that's the one I gave up doing since it's 100% fail recaptcha and always on the 2nd page of the form (they nicely require 2 recaptchas .. like they don't believe I'm human the first time )..

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  December 12th, 2017, 4:28pm     #123
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR SOME!!!!

I always stay signed into my gmail account, even though I close the tab... as some say if they stay logged in, they get green check marks.. this wasn't the case for me.

So I decided to something.. I signed out of my regular gmail account and signed into a different gmail account that I use for surveys.. I use Chrome and did not change the fact that I am signed into
Chrome...

Well, I am now getting green check marks!!! I then logged out of gmail and signed into my sweeps gmail address.. up pop the recaptcha crap that wouldn't work.. I signed out again and back into the other account.. filled the form on the sweeps I just had trouble on and up pops the green check mark!

I have no clue why this is happening... but maybe it will work for others...

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  January 10th, 2018, 12:22pm     #124
arvard
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

Captchas/Recaptchas
I have tried the solutions that were given in this forum, but am still having trouble with the Captchas/Recaptchas and in some sites they are getting worse. They are maddening. Can anyone offer some help?
  Old  January 26th, 2018, 9:28pm     #125
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Kicking this up again...

I still get relief by signing out of my sweeps email and signing into an email I use for other things.. but it's very annoying to have to keep signing in and out over and over again.

Has anyone discovered another way to ease up on the Google nightmare? I thought by now something would be done... I know people complained last time to companies and some dumped the recaptcha so their customers didn't go through a hassle.

Old  January 26th, 2018, 10:08pm     #126
sdadolf
Master Sweeper

I know that everyone seems to have almost completely different reCAPTCHA responses, and thats what makes it so hard to diagnose.

For so many sites I find that Chrome, Firefox, and IE will not work at all. For these I use Edge which works 100% of the time.

I have no firsthand knowledge, but it seems to me that Google has set up a robot test system that only worls when a collection set of things ALL meet some unknown to us criteria. Like the web site has to be designed a certain way AND the browser has to be up to date and have certain design criteria AND the response time from my computer to the web site and back has to be within a certain range, etc.

It seems like they think if they have this collective set of criteeria met, then you pass the "not a robot" test. If just one of these is just the slightest bit off, you fail the test.

For my set-up, it just seems crazy that Edge works 100% of the time, and the other browsers don't work at all. I always have them all up to date.

In some cases, using Edge, they even skip the reCAPTCHA all together and when I fill out the form there is no test, it just accepts the form.

I would have gone completely bonkers if I had not discovered that Edge works for me on all the sites with reCAPTCHA. Trying to get the forms to work using my prime browser Chrome was making me just crazy. I wish I knew why Edge works, but I don't..
  Old  January 27th, 2018, 10:10am     #127
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Hubby uses Firefox.. it always came up with a green check mark.. now he's having to do images .. and sometimes it's going 3 tests long, which he gets easily upset with even though he only does a handful of sweeps!

Old  January 27th, 2018, 2:34pm     #128
obxhatteraslight
Grand Master Sweeper

the last
couple of days have just been wild with those pics.....picking cars and signs one place had me go through 3 screens

Old  January 27th, 2018, 5:25pm     #129
highceiling
Senior Master Sweeper

google login for easier captchas
I was having the same problem until someone suggested this awhile ago:

it really is a lot easier; the first 5 or so give me green check marks right away

after that, even if I do get pics, they are relatively easy

I never try to do the ones with the disappearing stuff since I have never been able to get it to work in any browser that I have - or the ones where you are supposed to draw around the stuff - that doesn't work for me either.

I reload until I get one that says pick all, if none, skip.

if I get one that's more than two pages, I reload to get a doable one.

I've got my captcha sweeps grouped together so I can log into google, do them, and then log out.
  Old  January 27th, 2018, 5:27pm     #130
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by highceiling View Post
I was having the same problem until someone suggested this awhile ago:

it really is a lot easier; the first 5 or so give me green check marks right away

after that, even if I do get pics, they are relatively easy

I never try to do the ones with the disappearing stuff since I have never been able to get it to work in any browser that I have - or the ones where you are supposed to draw around the stuff - that doesn't work for me either.

I reload until I get one that says pick all, if none, skip.

if I get one that's more than two pages, I reload to get a doable one.

I've got my captcha sweeps grouped together so I can log into google, do them, and then log out.

Many of us are logged into google.. doesn't make a difference for us..

Old  January 27th, 2018, 5:38pm     #131
sdadolf
Master Sweeper

I stay logged into Google all day, doesn't help me at all.
  Old  January 27th, 2018, 6:07pm     #132
obxhatteraslight
Grand Master Sweeper

I
am on google too

Old  January 28th, 2018, 6:41pm     #133
obxhatteraslight
Grand Master Sweeper

seems
to be working better today on google chrome

Old  February 19th, 2018, 3:58pm     #134
arvard
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

Thanks Bomar97
Thanks for your tip, Bomar97. I have started logging out of my gmail account when I am entering and it has helped a lot. I still get some captchas, but they are no longer never ending and I am able to enter a lot faster.
  Old  May 24th, 2018, 1:07pm     #135
implode
Master Sweeper

Anyone else having huge captcha issues last 7-10 days? Its been really bad for me.

1) Some are taking up to 8 stages of disappearing tiles...
2) Some after completion come up invalid with red error message, have to start all over.
3) occasionally getting error because captcha traffic or fraud...
4) Some without disappearing tiles are taking 5 to 10 stages to complete.

Hall of Fame Winner of BMW i3!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!