Old  June 8th, 2008, 7:53am     #46
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

I love those, covergerl, I will have to check out those sites!

PGriff, have fun with the spray painting project I bet the black will look great!

I have been putting one off and it actually worked out....I was going to spray paint my green plastic adirondack chairs a bronzy brown, which is nice...but I just saw a pic of some blue ones and loved them....plus they are sort of near our pool, so the blue will work....now I have to find some blue spray paint for plastic, hope they have it
  Old  June 8th, 2008, 11:16am     #47
lunarstar
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaygoPop View Post
I love those, covergerl, I will have to check out those sites!

PGriff, have fun with the spray painting project I bet the black will look great!

I have been putting one off and it actually worked out....I was going to spray paint my green plastic adirondack chairs a bronzy brown, which is nice...but I just saw a pic of some blue ones and loved them....plus they are sort of near our pool, so the blue will work....now I have to find some blue spray paint for plastic, hope they have it
They do have plastic spray paint. Its called Krylon Fusion, I think!

$13 to $20 billion a year could be saved in health care costs by demedicalizing childbirth, developing midwifery, and encouraging breastfeeding. -Frank Oski, MD
  Old  June 11th, 2008, 3:10pm     #48
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarstar View Post
They do have plastic spray paint. Its called Krylon Fusion, I think!
have you used it...I was thinking of spraying a plastic outdoor bench. is it shiny ? anyone used it?

please do not gift a membership - I'm taking a break from OLS sweeping. and the forums .
  Old  June 11th, 2008, 3:11pm     #49
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

cleaning and organizing the garage
it was a mountain and it's still a mound but we are getting there there are steps to this process first put many keepers into the attic..ok then straighten more and have the throw away pile (it's pretty big) and the donate pile fairly good size. and the keep ,,ok it's big too....yeah I'm a pack rat and my pack rat daughter has stored things here too. Hi honey ...we are waiting for the guys to pick up the old washer and dryer..(they say tonight) I will drop off donations later today too..and also the trash goes to the curb tonight too, in the mean time I have been packing up most of my craft room stuff - and it will be temporarily kept in the garage so they can tear up the old yucky carpet and put down tile ...hope fully this week - we are close .. as long as my worker bees stay with me on this ( son his gf and neighbor kid) Amy -neighbor boys mom has been a big help...thanks Amy ..and she will get some of the old shelves for her office/craft studio. and she deserves and needs more shelves..and my dear husband who (I might add) would give Monk(tv show guy) a run for the money has been so good about letting me have 1/2 of the garage for all this time and has not said much ...thanks honey....mmmm .. I better make him read this so he can see the thanks ...I would have taken pictures but it was just to embarrassing- I've seen way worse on those tv shows where they clean house -but still - any way I will post some when I'm done. funny I keep finding things I forgot I had...it's like...Oh wow..so cool.

please do not gift a membership - I'm taking a break from OLS sweeping. and the forums .
  Old  June 11th, 2008, 3:40pm     #50
lunarstar
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGRIFF View Post
have you used it...I was thinking of spraying a plastic outdoor bench. is it shiny ? anyone used it?

Yes I used it, It was glossy. The outdoor plastic bench I used it on was kind of yucky. It looks better but its not a miracle cure like I needed! LOL

$13 to $20 billion a year could be saved in health care costs by demedicalizing childbirth, developing midwifery, and encouraging breastfeeding. -Frank Oski, MD
  Old  June 11th, 2008, 5:42pm     #51
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGRIFF View Post
it was a mountain and it's still a mound but we are getting there there are steps to this process first put many keepers into the attic..ok then straighten more and have the throw away pile (it's pretty big) and the donate pile fairly good size. and the keep ,,ok it's big too....yeah I'm a pack rat and my pack rat daughter has stored things here too. Hi honey ...we are waiting for the guys to pick up the old washer and dryer..(they say tonight) I will drop off donations later today too..and also the trash goes to the curb tonight too, in the mean time I have been packing up most of my craft room stuff - and it will be temporarily kept in the garage so they can tear up the old yucky carpet and put down tile ...hope fully this week - we are close .. as long as my worker bees stay with me on this ( son his gf and neighbor kid) Amy -neighbor boys mom has been a big help...thanks Amy ..and she will get some of the old shelves for her office/craft studio. and she deserves and needs more shelves..and my dear husband who (I might add) would give Monk(tv show guy) a run for the money has been so good about letting me have 1/2 of the garage for all this time and has not said much ...thanks honey....mmmm .. I better make him read this so he can see the thanks ...I would have taken pictures but it was just to embarrassing- I've seen way worse on those tv shows where they clean house -but still - any way I will post some when I'm done. funny I keep finding things I forgot I had...it's like...Oh wow..so cool.
I would love to rummage through your junk...oh, that sounds too forward, doesn't it? But I would! That is the fun part of yard saling or even going to Tuesday Mornings (the messiest store eva!)...but it's fun, scrounging around to see what goodies you can find.

Don't feel bad, we have been here 5 years...and part of the charm of the house that we loved was the basement...it is decorated like a log cabin, with barn wood on the walls and ceilings...a fake fireplace, lol, and 2 hanging basket chairs that kind of look like snow shoes...I mean, it's really cool....but....there is absolutely positively no storage space in this house (it's a quad, with a half basement, which is all finished)....so where do you think all of the 'crap' goes? yep, the basement! So....it is on THE LIST of things to accomplish this year, but with everything else we want to do, I would not be surprised if it got shelved to next year...again. Sigh...

Have fun with your updates

OH;;;;PS: I spray painted my plastic Adirondack chairs and a big planter....from hunter green to navy blue...no primer....just from blue to green...it worked...we needed 2 1/2 cans though, so I was glad that I bought 3 (dh said to get 2, I love it when I'm right, lol)....at least they match our shutters now....and it will go well with the pool, too...now I need to find an annual flower that likes shade and is deer resistant, since they will be relatively close to a wooded area...I swear I might do a no-no and stick some FAKE daisies in there, lololol. It would be so hideous, that it might actually look cute....who knows? lol
  Old  June 15th, 2008, 7:23pm     #52
TaraB12
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaygoPop View Post
I would love to rummage through your junk...oh, that sounds too forward, doesn't it? But I would! That is the fun part of yard saling or even going to Tuesday Mornings (the messiest store eva!)...but it's fun, scrounging around to see what goodies you can find.
Whenever we watch shows like Clean House, I always tell my husband that I would love to be someone who cleans up that stuff. I love going through things. When my one great-aunt died, she had hoarded so much stuff that it took forever to go through, but that was part of the fun for me.

I would seriously love it for a part-time job.
  Old  June 15th, 2008, 7:35pm     #53
TaraB12
Master Sweeper

Well, despite the fact that none of my other projects are finished (although I have made great progress on the desk area), I started on the back hallway today. It used to be part of an outdoor porch which then was enclosed, so it is dingy and filthy.

I ripped out the old carpet strips that were just collecting dust and my husband decided to replace all the treads. He needs to get more wood tomorrow, but then I hope to start painting. We have two landings, so I am taking out that carpet and replacing it with marloleum. http://www.themarmoleumstore.com/Def...spx?MenuId=123

It is a high traffic area, and is going to end up being reconfigured, but right now it just smells like wet dog, so I wanted to redo it.
  Old  June 16th, 2008, 7:59am     #54
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

Wink
This might make some of you smile...oh, for the joy of UNFINISHED projects! lol:

http://bella1104.blogspot.com/
  Old  June 16th, 2008, 8:03am     #55
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraB12 View Post
Well, despite the fact that none of my other projects are finished (although I have made great progress on the desk area), I started on the back hallway today. It used to be part of an outdoor porch which then was enclosed, so it is dingy and filthy.

I ripped out the old carpet strips that were just collecting dust and my husband decided to replace all the treads. He needs to get more wood tomorrow, but then I hope to start painting. We have two landings, so I am taking out that carpet and replacing it with marloleum. http://www.themarmoleumstore.com/Def...spx?MenuId=123

It is a high traffic area, and is going to end up being reconfigured, but right now it just smells like wet dog, so I wanted to redo it.
I would have rather of had the Pottery Barn version, but we got the JCP version...it's pretty useful in this entry area of our house:

Old  June 17th, 2008, 5:14pm     #56
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

My Plastic Spraypaint Project
These were hunter green, the planter was tan, here they are now:

They are not 'perfect' but for where they sit in the yard, it's fine. I have boring, yawn, yawn, ferns and begonias in the planter but that is because we have deer here and hopefully they will not eat these things, lol.
  Old  June 18th, 2008, 1:04pm     #57
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

your entry and your painted chairs look great fagop --my new peel and stick floors yay they're done !! they look great don't they ?

http://

Last edited by PGRIFF; June 24th, 2008 at 11:16pm.

Old  June 19th, 2008, 1:37pm     #58
PGRIFF
Grand Master Sweeper

set up the shelf unit I got at a church rummage sale for $10. in my craft room.. it has a desk in the center and file slots in the left bottom and drawers in the lower right - cupbords in the tops ...I love it

Old  June 20th, 2008, 7:14am     #59
FaygoPop
Senior Master Sweeper

$10?????????????????????????????????????????

Wowza! I love it!!! What a fantastic deal!!!

And I thought my $5 picture frame (huge, gold, ornate) was a steal...also a church rummage sale....dragged my dh in there kicking and screaming, lol, he hates those things...but then magically once he gets in, he is like, "Wow, that old stereo has an 8-track player..." lololol

I also love your peel and stick floor! I love those things...peel, stick, beautiful...buy a few more tiles in case you need to replace one...what's not to love? Easy to clean, too
  Old  June 20th, 2008, 7:15pm     #60
TaraB12
Master Sweeper

Everyone's projects look great! And PGriff, I can't believe you only paid $10 for that shelf! What a steal!

I have been on hiatus, not feeling too well this week. I did go and tour the Museum of Science and Industry's Green Home and was inspired by a lot of the eco-friendly designs I saw there.

I did purchase a vanity for our downstairs bathroom today. It has been a near impossible task because bathrooms are so large nowadays and I needed a 18-19" vanity. We thought about a pedestal sink, but with already limited storage space, we really wanted something to hold towels. I finally found one today at a store called "Greenmakers" which is all eco-friendly material. Hooray!

Tags
decorate, decorating, home, paint, remodel