Old  November 4th, 2017, 9:16pm     #16
mnsteph
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Editor

Thanks everyone. Please remember, posts with referrals or gleam.io, woobox, etc... as the homepage are deleted. Use the homepage of the company sponsoring the sweep. Please read this thread for any questions you might have:

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1280225
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 10:28pm     #17
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsteph View Post
Thanks everyone. Please remember, posts with referrals or gleam.io, woobox, etc... as the homepage are deleted. Use the homepage of the company sponsoring the sweep. Please read this thread for any questions you might have:

I posted a Gleam .. I know there was no referral from me because I didn't enter and it's the direct link from Gleam's email to me..

I'll have to remember to seek out the homepage.. it says: fueled by: is that where to go? It brings me to a twitter page... The "terms" only give me generic rules for Gleam.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  November 4th, 2017, 11:08pm     #18
daveintexas
Sweeper

Ok
I went through some of my sweeps emails that I receive once in a while and managed to submit two sweeps that were not duplicates. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. This site has been good to me. I have won four gift cards in the last three months that have come in handy and my winnings every year have far exceeded the price I pay for a premium subscription. Thanks for putting the bug in my ear.
  Old  November 5th, 2017, 1:30am     #19
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

I took a break from sweeps lately but ready to start again..will post if it is not here already.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  November 5th, 2017, 9:49am     #20
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Bump!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246 View Post
Please do not turn this into a Brent or site bashing post, or the thread will be locked down.

And for information: yes Brent is still the owner/operator of OLS.
  Old  November 5th, 2017, 10:24am     #21
theamira
Master Sweeper

I have been a member here for years. It has really changed in those years. I used to win lots of things in the first few years. I won all my children's birthday and Christmas gifts while I was struggling through nursing school. For the last few years, I have won almost nothing. I took a break from April 1st to June 1st and enter any sweeps for those months although I visited the forums a few times a month. Then, I saw a few winners' posts and hoped it was picking back up. I went back to sweeping and 0 wins. Asking around I found that most people posting wins were using multiple other sites. It used to be enough to just use this site. They used to have drawings for memberships for those who submitted sweeps. I am almost positive that there also used to be a few people who were paid to search and submit sweeps. I quit entering sweeps on Nov 1st and have decided to not renew my subscription.

Paula!
  Old  November 5th, 2017, 10:51am     #22
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsteph View Post

Thanks I have seen in the notes where this happens but didn't have a clue about how to tell a referral link from a clean one.
  Old  November 5th, 2017, 10:54am     #23
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamira View Post
I have been a member here for years. It has really changed in those years. I used to win lots of things in the first few years. I won all my children's birthday and Christmas gifts while I was struggling through nursing school. For the last few years, I have won almost nothing. I took a break from April 1st to June 1st and enter any sweeps for those months although I visited the forums a few times a month. Then, I saw a few winners' posts and hoped it was picking back up. I went back to sweeping and 0 wins. Asking around I found that most people posting wins were using multiple other sites. It used to be enough to just use this site. They used to have drawings for memberships for those who submitted sweeps. I am almost positive that there also used to be a few people who were paid to search and submit sweeps. I quit entering sweeps on Nov 1st and have decided to not renew my subscription.
It's not the site's fault that you aren't winning it the fact that sweeping has changed and you have to adjust to the change. The fact that people are having to use different sites to find all the sweeps is the reason for this thread. I want OLS to become the one-stop-shop again that it use to be.
  Old  November 5th, 2017, 7:07pm     #24
medgirl2001
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtchedInMyMemory View Post
I think many people look at things in a "what's in it for me" way. In order to have more contests submitted, there has to be some benefit for the submitter. The free 3 month green membership was a great incentive. Listings really went down when that was taken away.

Another thing that can be tried is giving people credit for listings. You know, the way you are a Sweeper, Master Sweeper, Grand Master Sweeper, etc. and your number of posts are listed. Why not do that with contests submitted? Why should someone get credited for "" and not for a sweep submitted? Perhaps wanting to see that number go up will encourage some people to post.

Now for some of the members here, they don't treat the submitters nicely. I listed a contest for an electric breast pump and got this comment "this contest is stupid." It has been years since I needed an item like that, but for a pregnant person, it's a great prize. Just because you don't need it, doesn't mean someone else doesn't or that a contest is stupid. I got an email from a company "ending tomorrow, don't forget to enter" so I listed it. The comment I got was "this started a month ago and it's just being listed now?" Someone listed a contest for a "Pixxa Oven". The comment was "ha ha ha, you mean Pizza". Big deal, someone mistyped and you have to laugh at them? One can't correct a contest after it has been submitted, really something that should change. Sometimes one can type wrong or not see something in the rules or the sponsor can even change the rules, the submitter should be able to change the listing.

To summarize, there should be some reward system and be nice to the poster.
Agree with this!
  Old  November 6th, 2017, 7:02am     #25
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Posted a new one but the date drop down wasn't working. I posted the dates in the notes. Hope it shows up it's a good one.
  Old  November 6th, 2017, 7:05am     #26
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
I took a break from sweeps lately but ready to start again..will post if it is not here already.
Thanks Deb!
  Old  November 6th, 2017, 11:57am     #27
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Tried a few today.. some didn't appear to be dupes... won't be able to do any pretty soon with company visiting for a while..

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  November 6th, 2017, 12:21pm     #28
motwell
Senior Sweeper

I agree! I will do my best to add sweeps. The first one is the hardest, it gets easier, don't be intimidated! Looking at the top 100 now compared to years before is sad. We really need to get more sweeps added!
  Old  November 6th, 2017, 2:13pm     #29
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

It does get easier with practice.
  Old  November 9th, 2017, 11:27am     #30
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

OMG I have been entering this one and didn't realize it wasn't posted here. I posted it. This is proof that things are not good with people submitting sweeps. This never would have been overlooked before!