Old  March 5th, 2018, 12:36pm     #1
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Wireless printer
I have tried everything but can't get DH's HP laptop ( win. 10 ) to connect to the network printer. He has no issue using the internet on the network, but no matter what I've tried, the printer won't connect.. (I did get it to print once when I first tried, then it wouldn't do it anymore).

So we have a 2nd printer.. HP 6500 wireless.

I swear I saw you could get the laptop to print directly to it wirelessly.. but now I can't find out how.

If I click wifi on the printer, it wants to connect to our network router.. which I don't want.

I want to print from the laptop to a printer .. no router in the middle .. without using wires.

Is this possible?

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  March 5th, 2018, 12:53pm     #2
royalprincess
Senior Master Sweeper

I have a wireless printer (HP Photosmart 7525). It will only connect thru the router. I am unable to connect directly to the laptop. Try connecting thru the router.

ROYALPRINCESS
  Old  March 5th, 2018, 1:22pm     #3
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalprincess View Post
I have a wireless printer (HP Photosmart 7525). It will only connect thru the router. I am unable to connect directly to the laptop. Try connecting thru the router.
I'm sure I can hook into the router, but I already have a printer connected to the router.. and the darn HP laptop won't connect through my Apple airport! If I wanted help to connect, it would be paying either Apple or paying HP ... Apple would do it if I was still in warranty with the Airport ( did the first HP ) .. and even though the HP computer was brand new, HP wouldn't do anything free because it's an Apple product I'm trying to connect to!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  March 5th, 2018, 2:20pm     #4
goodwitch
Master Sweeper

I have a HP wireless 4650 and I have to cut the printer off and wait for the printer to connect to wifi, then I can print wirelessly. If I am printing continuously its fine if I stop printing for over an hour, I have to cut printer back off then power back on. Its a little trouble but it works. Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.
  Old  March 5th, 2018, 2:58pm     #5
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwitch View Post
I have a HP wireless 4650 and I have to cut the printer off and wait for the printer to connect to wifi, then I can print wirelessly. If I am printing continuously its fine if I stop printing for over an hour, I have to cut printer back off then power back on. Its a little trouble but it works. Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.
We've tried powering off then on but it won't help.. I have no issues with my Mac printing so it's something with the HP.

Old  March 5th, 2018, 6:38pm     #6
bjdotson
Grand Master Sweeper

I have an hp printer and mine won't connect the wifi if you have a wired connection hookup (like a USB connection) Since I have such a connection, haven't played with the wifi. Usually if you connect to the router for a wireless device, you use the mac address so you could have multiple printers on one router.

Old  March 5th, 2018, 9:03pm     #7
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdotson View Post
I have an hp printer and mine won't connect the wifi if you have a wired connection hookup (like a USB connection) Since I have such a connection, haven't played with the wifi. Usually if you connect to the router for a wireless device, you use the mac address so you could have multiple printers on one router.
Printer works fine wirelessly.. did for the old HP and for the mac..

Problem for hubby... he connected with wires and still couldn't get it to print! He can scan using the cables, but it won't print!

Old  March 11th, 2018, 9:17pm     #8
Eric Winning
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwitch View Post
Connecting your WIFI with your printer is one of the most annoying things you can do. Have you tried re-installing your drivers? Sounds like an internal issue with your Laptop.
  Old  March 12th, 2018, 9:03am     #9
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Winning View Post
Connecting your WIFI with your printer is one of the most annoying things you can do. Have you tried re-installing your drivers? Sounds like an internal issue with your Laptop.
I was thinking of deleting the software and downloading it again from scratch.. but right now he has no issues using the scanner... and I did try re-doing the software several times.

Right now, if I go into the printer, it says there's an app for it and if I click on the link, it brings me to a program to print from ( or what appears to be a program to print from ) but I can't print the file he wants.. and what he wants to do is highlight a section of text and print and there is no option in that "app" to do anything like that!