Old  January 26th, 2018, 9:51am     #16
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SPARROW View Post
just key it or let the air out of the tires.
Yeah! You could slash the tires and spray paint "ASSHAT" on the hood! OMG I'm rolling here!
  Old  January 26th, 2018, 9:36pm     #17
jgates8
Senior Sweeper

I can understand being upset. It's plain rude. If your employer wouldn't do a public announcement, e-mail etc. I may have called police depending on circumstances.

At a lot of points in my historical work at my current employee it would have created significant problems - a couple examples -

When my kids were in daycare you could not be past closing time at the center. If you were you paid astronomically for each 15 minute segment. Then after a certain point they would contact emergency contacts listed. If no one was coming to pick up the child or reachable they would have called police.

My place of employment has an automatic alarm that goes on at a fairly early time. If I could not leave in my vehicle I also would not be able to remain in the building after a certain point (that would be public blocking me in vs. a co-worker obviously). The other retail establishments downtown roll up the sidewalks - (a few restaurants now open at least) So if it were winter, where would I have waited?

And yes, coworkers are idiots. For a slight example I have a pre-printed label on the Keurig to please remove pods after using (gets pretty gross when they leave them in there for the weekend). 3 out of 5 mornings a week there is a dirty pod in there. (Just an example).

6/07? - $500 Airfare 2/08 - Disney Trip, 8/08 - Florida trip, 11/08 - Bike GPS, 3/09 - Allure bag w/Aveeno Products, 3/09 - Advil product, 5/09 - Tylenol Backpack, 7/09-$200 Pamida GC, 08/09-Beautifix Gift Box, 10/10-$250 Kelloggs, 9/11-OldWisc Packer win - 2 Club Tix/merch. 5/12-AC Trip & Macys/HD GCs, 8/12-2012 Harley Trike, 2014-$75 Dollar Tree, $25 Snickers. 2015-$300GC & 4 Country Inn Nights, Pepsi 3 $200 Live Nation Concert Cash.
  Old  January 26th, 2018, 10:31pm     #18
diyer
Senior Sweeper

I just moved the offenders car into the intersection
I was blocked in at night school. Someone parked outside the parking spaces making it impossible for me to get out. I happened to have one of those hydraulic jacks on wheels. Just a few pumps under the axle, and I had the wheels off the ground. Then just pull with the handle to move the car.

I wasn't around to see the guys face when his car was sideways in the intersection, still locked.
  Old  January 27th, 2018, 1:53am     #19
Libra
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyer View Post
I was blocked in at night school. Someone parked outside the parking spaces making it impossible for me to get out. I happened to have one of those hydraulic jacks on wheels. Just a few pumps under the axle, and I had the wheels off the ground. Then just pull with the handle to move the car.

I wasn't around to see the guys face when his car was sideways in the intersection, still locked.
You just brought back the most amazing memory! We were at a football game & someone pinned us in. I was in elementary school. One of their windows was cracked, so my 5 foot nothing mama reached in, unlooked the door, hopped in, put it in neutral & pushed it right out of our way.

I was SCANDALIZED! lol My mom the car jacker! But it was just halftime of a double header & who knows how long we would've been stuck there.
  Old  January 28th, 2018, 4:59am     #20
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyer View Post

Good one!