Old  July 31st, 2006, 3:45pm     #1
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Question for you folks in the area . . .
I belong to the Mobil auto club and they are fantastic with travel routes and sending maps, they map everything out for you right down to the finest detail. My question is:

Why would they be taking me off Interstate 81 and onto the Pennsylvania turnpike and then onto US-6/US-11 and then onton I-476 and PA-315 before they put me back on Interstate 81?? I'm only off it for about 18 miles. Is it because of a city right there?? I'll probably stay right on I-81 instead of getting off and then getting back on.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 31st, 2006, 4:57pm     #2
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

These are the directions they gave me:
6. I-81 south into PA for 180.2 miles.

7. Take the PA Turnpike exit, Exit 194, toward US-6/US-11/Clarks Summit for 0.2 miles.

8. Merge onto I-476 S toward Allentown (portions toll) for 15.9 miles.

9. Take the PA-315, Exit 115, toward I-81/Pittston/Pocono Downs Race Track for 0.6 miles.

10. Merge onto PA-315 S via the ramp on the left towards I-81 S/Wilkes Barre for 0.9 miles.

11. Merge onto I-81 S for 93.8 miles.

Then I am only 2 minutes away from the hotel.

Still doesn't make any sense to me on why they would take me off and then put me back on.

Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  August 1st, 2006, 10:34am     #3
lakelorain
Sweeper

I would stay on 81 also. There is some construction on 81 but getting off could get you lost. If you check http://www.state.pa.us before you leave, you'll find info on construction for that day. It is on the bottom right of the page. If it is really bad, get off. If not, stay on 81. That turn off on 6/11 can be confusing. I live near there and would not get off 81 unless there was a bad accident.
  Old  August 1st, 2006, 10:39am     #4
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Old  August 2nd, 2006, 1:30am     #5
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

I have a good GPS on my computer Karen. If you PM me with your address (I don't know screen names from real names yet....KB maybe you can help me with the matching up privagely from the list you started) I will put your address all the way to the hotel and see what it is saying too.
  Old  August 2nd, 2006, 1:59am     #6
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

I looked it up for you and 81 travels the eastern side of Scranton, etc. instead of the Western side. It would add about 1 hour to your trip to do straight I-81 all the way through. The turnpike (476) stays to the western side of Scranton. I did get lost in that area one time and would more than like opt to add the hour onto the trip and keep following the signs for i-81 all the way in. They are really nice traveling roads all through there so driving and traffic wise you should do fine.
  Old  August 2nd, 2006, 8:31am     #7
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Thanks for the info ~ if I make it I am planning on staying right on I-81.