Old  July 16th, 2006, 10:30am     #1
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Raffle Instructions
The raffle instructions have been posted on the convention webpage. Open to all fully registered attendees of the convention. Starts July 15, 2006 and closes on September 15, 2006. Must be actively registered and in attendance at the convention to collect any wins or entries become donations to the convention regular door prizes.
  Old  July 16th, 2006, 7:15pm     #2
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

Mmh...
I read it, but I only got more confused

anyone care to explain it please?
  Old  July 16th, 2006, 11:24pm     #3
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianita
Mmh...
I read it, but I only got more confused

anyone care to explain it please?

Let me see if I can make this clear as mud!

It is tradition in national conventions to have a raffle for various items and they are given away during the Saturday night banquet. To enter the raffle you have an outlined set of guidelines to follow. In the national conferences you bring all the items to the convention during registration and it is all sorted out there - however, because this is a mini and the volunteers/man power is a little less - they are asking that everyone mail in their entries so they don't have to put a rush on that and stay up all night sorting it all out. So lets start with this:

Raffle #1 -- 5 stamped white #10 envelopes = equal 1 entry

If you want to enter to win stamped white #10 envelopes you will send a maximum of 25 stamped white #10 envelopes with 5 - 3x5 papers with the required info on them and send them to the address for your 5 entries into that particular raffle.

At the banquet they will draw for lots of 500 and you could win 500 stamped white #10 envelopes.

Does that help ANY?

The raffles are a lot of fun - especially when there is a maximum entry allowed because people could get buck wild on them - for the second year in a row I won 1,000 stamps from my maximum entry of 100 that I put in - its always fun to win that - even if you don't snail ~ who can't use stamps!?

So dunno if that helps any or not I feel I am babbling right now - if you have specific questions we'd be glad to answer them for ya
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 8:25am     #4
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial

Does that help ANY?

No, I'm as confuddled as always, lol.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 8:27am     #5
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246
No, I'm as confuddled as always, lol.

Hmmm - ok what exactly are you confuddled about and I'll go from there
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 8:42am     #6
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

You know me, I'm confuddled most of the time I think I got it figured out. So, if I wanted to enter Raffle #4, I would need to mail in -- 5 Postcard Stamps (24 cent) to get 1 entry into that drawing.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 8:51am     #7
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246
You know me, I'm confuddled most of the time I think I got it figured out. So, if I wanted to enter Raffle #4, I would need to mail in -- 5 Postcard Stamps (24 cent) to get 1 entry into that drawing.

YES!!
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 10:24am     #8
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

and... if I want to send more than one entry for the same raffle...

can I mail everything together in one "bundle" or each one has to be mailed separately?

different raffle = separate mailing

yes?
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 11:30am     #9
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Questions
Please email all questions directly to us so we can answer the questions one on one. It's in the rules guys. We don't want forums getting filled up with guesses. Thanks
  Old  July 22nd, 2006, 9:19am     #10
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Raffle entries
Is everyone getting their raffle instructions ok off of our webpage? We just got our first set of entries in and all worked out great. I will email each of you as I receive the entries and let you know that I got them ok (or why not) Good luck.
  Old  July 22nd, 2006, 1:10pm     #11
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
Is everyone getting their raffle instructions ok off of our webpage? We just got our first set of entries in and all worked out great. I will email each of you as I receive the entries and let you know that I got them ok (or why not) Good luck.
Between KB's explanation and your detailed instructions, I completely understand the rules and now know how to participate!

Thanks...
Rob

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  July 24th, 2006, 6:43am     #12
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Thanks, Rob
Your kind words really know how to make a persons heart go pitter patter. It took me about 6 hours (if not more) to cut and paste and edit those rules. I tried as hard as I could to get down what everyone wanted and still make the rules as easy to understand as possible, especially for the new peeps to conventions and stuff like this. I'm just telling everyone to just read them, and not to make it harder than it is. There's nothing in them to trip anyone up. I'm really a nice, nice person.
  Old  August 10th, 2006, 11:59pm     #13
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Raffles coming in perfectly!!
Wanted to thank those who sent in their raffles so far in doing an excellent job in separating them into the different categories and clipping your 3x5 to each packet. Has made it really simple to log them in as they are coming in and putting them into the final buckets for boxing/shipping, etc.

They have mostly been putting their entries in the quart and gallon ziplock closure bags and have sent in top notch quality stuff!! I wanna win them all!!

Once you bundle up all of your categories. Put them into ONE large box or envelope. Save your postage. It's your call but I planned it out so that it could be accomplished with the least amount of money spent on postage posible.

Like I said it has gone great so far (an may even be a consideration they may want to do for the nationals in the future once we see it to the end). I haven't had to reject anything at all and they have sent in stuff in some cases beyond what I would have thought in quality in most cases.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions if you have them before shipping them out. I have a huge Rubbermaid waist high cabinet on my front porch marked for the UPS, FedEx and mailgirl that they have been putting everything in so that packages aren't left out in the open. I also work from home (along with another family member) so unless I am out on an appointment I have been home to actually have them hand us the stuff.

Thanks again guys. I am soooo excited about how well this has been going !! Beyond my wildest dreams!!
  Old  August 27th, 2006, 11:57am     #14
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Raffles must be postmarked Septmber 15th.
Just a reminder to get your raffle entries mailed in as soon as possible. They must be postmarked by September 15th. Please do not wait until the last minute and swamp me.

It is going well and as of today we will have multiple winners in most of the categories and at least one winner in a few of the others.

Thanks for taking the time to organize the entries that have been sent in already. Sure helps make things easier on this end. Hint: Be sure to follow the rules at this late date...We only want the information as requested in the rules....do not get inventive with your own information as they will be disqualified. Other Hint: count them at least twice!!

Overall it has been going great!! (can I just win them all for good behavior? lolol )
  Old  September 5th, 2006, 12:41am     #15
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Raffle closing date approaching quickly
Just bumping to be sure you have mailed out your raffle entires......hurry, hurry, hurry. The 15th is coming up quickly. For those who just registered after August 15th and didn't get their registration number yet, email me for instructions. The rest of you have your registration on the confirmation letter we emailed you and the letter we mailed to your house.

Carol