Old  July 13th, 2006, 11:31pm     #16
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOPYRZ
Bring Grammy, now why didnt I think of that? Time for me to do a little more reading up on the convention.

It would be a blast to meet you all!

That ROCKS
  Old  July 14th, 2006, 12:21am     #17
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Karen I am going to take a stab at answering your questions on the roads and then maybe someone else can chime in. I come up from the PHilly area and it has always been that the closer to Philly I am the more traffice there is. Once you get upstate PA and crossing towards the western part of the state the less traffic there is. So I think you are on target with thinking that Syracuse would be the worst of your trip. The road are in good shape and the scenery is breath-taking with all of the farms, etc. It's all rural country. I do not like to drive alot, but have no problem driving the 2 1/2 - 2 hrs out there.

Be brave young one and I'll have the Cosmopolitan awaiting for you upon your arrival.
  Old  July 14th, 2006, 5:02pm     #18
gabyzee
Master Sweeper

Karen,

My MIL lives right off of Rt. 81 (north of Hershey) and I've driven that road a number of times, both north into NY and south down to Harrisburg. Basically, wide-open, 3-lane interstate right on up to NY. VERY easy drive. The only time you'll ever have trouble is if it's rainy, because around the Hazleton area it's very moutainous and it tends to get pretty foggy.

Other than that, it's a real easy drive. Little trafficy around the "big" cities (i.e, Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Hazleton, Harrisburg) but the rest of the time it's fine.

Wish I could go to the convention, but with the new job, I've got no vaca time. I'd have to leave work Friday at 4:30 and probably wouldn't make it to Hershey 'till around 7:30.

But, I'm pondering it........
  Old  July 14th, 2006, 7:56pm     #19
MookieJ
Senior Master Sweeper

stop over at Hazleton (where 80 and 81 meet) for a coffee or lunch, I live in Hazleton
  Old  July 14th, 2006, 8:18pm     #20
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Problem solved for Gabyzee
Gabyzee --- come anyway. The Welcome reception is not getting underway until 8:00. Make your reservation a guarantted late arrival and once you check into your room, come right over to the banquet room and join us. We'll have your registration packet there for you. There are quite a few that are driving or flying in after work which is why we made it so late in the evening. It is a very informal affair so wear what you drive up in. Jeans, shorts, whatever ok.

Do me a favor though and note your registration what time you expect to get there.

Carol ------- see problem solved. And yes it is a very easy ride out there on Rt. 81. If I can do it anyone can, cause I'm deathly afraid of congested traffic, especially since being flipped off the motorcycle.
  Old  July 14th, 2006, 8:23pm     #21
gabyzee
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieJ
stop over at Hazleton (where 80 and 81 meet) for a coffee or lunch, I live in Hazleton
My MIL lives in McAdoo!
  Old  July 14th, 2006, 9:41pm     #22
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyzee
Wish I could go to the convention, but with the new job, I've got no vaca time. I'd have to leave work Friday at 4:30 and probably wouldn't make it to Hershey 'till around 7:30.

But, I'm pondering it........

You should totally do it - the welcome reception will be going on so you can just hop in that and party down for the night - leave noonish on Sunday and be home in time to relax before work on Monday!!!
  Old  July 14th, 2006, 10:20pm     #23
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Come on down!!
Yup, KB has it right. As soon as I can get everything down firm with the hotel, meals, etc. I will be putting together the agenda and stuff. The one posted on our website is pretty darn close to how it is going to be. So for those who have to work on Friday ---- work, hop in the car --- and drive, fly or hop on down, We will be having the reception going on until around 11:00 pm. Friday night and it really don't matter what time you get in that night. If it's too late you will check into the hotel and then grab the registration packet in the morning. Morning shopping starts at 7:00 a.m. and the session meeting will start SHARPLY at 9:30. We encourage everyone to be in the room and seated by 9:15. Once a session starts we will not be adding any slips for raffles to the drum. So it will be important to be on time all the remainder of the weekend.

Carol --- remember --- check the webpages
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 9:53am     #24
TWOPYRZ
Senior Master Sweeper

Looks like its a no-go. Grammy RARELY works weekends but she is already slated for that one. I couldnt ask her to switch or to put someone else on for her.
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 10:04am     #25
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Looks like its a no-go. Grammy RARELY works weekends but she is already slated for that one. I couldnt ask her to switch or to put someone else on for her.

That is to bad

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 10:05am     #26
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:

Old  July 17th, 2006, 11:25am     #27
Adrianita
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:

oh that's so bad...
  Old  July 17th, 2006, 7:51pm     #28
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

there's just gotta be a way??
  Old  July 18th, 2006, 8:29am     #29
TWOPYRZ
Senior Master Sweeper

You are all making me feel sad! I would just love to go! But with a nursing baby, I cannot go unless the baby goes too. That means the toddler would insist on going. If Grammy could have gone it would have been perfect!

Have fun, take lots of pics! Stay sober
  Old  July 18th, 2006, 5:51pm     #30
caseycupcake
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
You are all making me feel sad! I would just love to go! But with a nursing baby, I cannot go unless the baby goes too. That means the toddler would insist on going. If Grammy could have gone it would have been perfect!

Have fun, take lots of pics! Stay sober
Don't be sad. I'll be at home too. We can just stay home and have our own pity party.

It's DH's 55th birthday and DS will be 18 over that weekend. Guess I just can't run off to be with my sweeping buddies. And my family certainly doesn't want to go to PA...